Old 06-09-2011, 05:40 AM
Has Walked The Plank!
Harukantos's Primary Pirate Info

My Mood: Chatty
Harukantos is scurvy dog
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Coalskull View Post
Unless they weakened La Schafe, I would love to see you take him down with 5 shots. He has what 250,000 Health? The most damage I have ever seen was around 20,000 and that was with a Critical Hit. So in my experience you couldn't take half of his health with just 5 hits.
I have beaten him solo using my Blunderbuss. Just want to be sure, but are you talking about the test Lashafe? Also on the matter of the QAR, no I do not want it to bea push over, that is why I want the blunderbuss to be weakened. This way He cannot be killed as fast. I use the Grand Blunderbuss on him and get 5600-7600 each hit. Sure it takes a long time to reload, but it shouldn't be near that powerful. Ever since the addition of new weapons healing with a doll became out of whack and has the ability to cure a grand total of everybody attuned for their full health. The strongest sword is a sword that hits almost guaranteed for three out of five hits.

I want for things to be a challenge like before where the main amount of damage on enemies would be closer to PvP level damage, and would love to see bosses buffed down in HP as well, but here is why. They are such high health enemies because weapons are ridiculous. Ever since they came out with the level 20 weapons update they have been around. At that time, having the enemies at the same health as their non boss types would just make them easy to beat. As for these weapons were the beginning of the end for balance. It had taken a huge toll when adding level 15 weapons, but most enemies were just defeatable back then. Adding level 20 weapons made level 35's a 5 hit kill and they did about 500-600 damage each attack. Now those enemies are easily a single hit noob sauce that gets a stain on your shirt if they're lucky.

But easily I could see bosses going down for example from 25000 health to 15000 health just to refine the system so that enemies are not too powerful to kill without a healer.

I truly believe that besides additional buffs on weapons such as +1 flourish and +3 bladestorm attacks should do what their damage says. If the sword says 85 Attack and the attack power of Flourish for example was in between 400 and 500 the attack should range from 485 to 585. Say their is a +1 buff for flourish. It will add 50 points of damage or so. 535 to 635 should be the range for it. You could possibly double the attack power of weapons when outside of PvP as well, so instead of adding 85 damage to attacks it would be 170, but that would just make it true to the outside so more enemies could be defeatable.

PvP is of course touchy, overall the attack power of certain weapons is fine, but blunderbuss weapons and truly all guns are out of whack and do too much damage for ranged play. Honestly dolls should not have healing features because there are already no tonics, and running doll users should not run as fast when casting a spell. Some attacks such as Rolling attack and Monkey Panic should also break chains, but those are just cool things I think would help the cast of Daggers being able to break attunement and concentration.