View Single Post
Old 12-03-2011, 09:30 PM
Has Walked The Plank!
Ice_Storm's Primary Pirate Info

My Mood: Ghosty
Ice_Storm is scurvy dog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberius Fireskull View Post
With a heavy heart, I say no. For several reasons.

1. The old islands existed so long ago, that even a lot of people on these forums would not even remember them. While there are a good handful of players that played during the times of running up the hill to Fort Charles and Cliff Diving on Padres, the vast majority of players from that time period of the game have left. Adding these islands would really mean nothing to most players. While some older players may like the addition, it just isn't worth it for them to make an update that will only appeal to a handful of people.

2. Their time has gone. While many of us, myself included, do miss the old islands, we cannot live in the past and want them back. Dwelling in the past will not do anything for you. Look to the future, and think about what really would be worthwhile in the game. Some islands long gone? I don't think they seem worth it. Their time came and went, and it is time for us to move on. Leave them as memories for us older pirates to remember with pride and say, "I was one of the few that walked those beaches."

3. Honestly, it does not fit in the game. An area of the past really just seems a little random to place, and not very applicable to a pirate world. Even voodoo has its limits. I don't think Time Travel is very pirate-like, and I don't think we should make the game too much more unpiratey than it already is. Instead of placing these old islands back in the game, I personally think it would be better to take the old layouts of the islands, edit them slightly, then put them back in the game as new islands.

While it seems like a good idea, I personally think that the readdition of the islands would not really be all that great. As I said, best to sometimes just remember those islands and honor them with pride as older players, aye? And in my opinion, they would simply lose their majesty if they were placed back for everyone to see.
Comment on your 3rd item:

Uh, don't get me wrong but, you know you're playing Disney's Pirates of the Caribbean Online and not Pirates of the Burning Sea right? Pirates Online has always been unpirate-like compared to the other realistic pirate game.

Comment on your 2nd item:

Honestly, I don't see how a player could have "pride" on a game that doesn't 100% functionally works. Besides, someone could easily make a bypass and load the islands again and lie. Disney has no security what so ever, making it an easy target.

Also, don't compare real life mottoes that express "Forget about the past and move on" for this game. It just doesn't work for Pirates Online.

Comment on your 1st item:

Like I stated before, NO REAL WORK is needed to make these islands load again. Just a batch code and bam, done.

Final thoughts:

I do agree the Time travel would be a bit... off topic for Pirates Online.

I also agree they should be edited again if they decide to place it in once more.

This game isn't that important for this quote to matter:

Quote:
As I said, best to sometimes just remember those islands and honor them with pride as older players, aye? And in my opinion, they would simply lose their majesty if they were placed back for everyone to see.
Because:

1) Mostly kids are playing Pirates Online and do not understand "importance" of things.

2) They just play the game and hate to be lectured or told what to/not to do.

3) Pirates Online has a population less than 200,000 users PLAYING (not registered)