View Single Post
Old 09-05-2013, 10:58 AM
Blacksmith
Platinum Pirate's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award Super Secret Ninja Cowboy Hausfrau 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Appreciation Day 2013 Award Party Goer's Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award 
Total Awards: 31

My Mood: Woot
Platinum Pirate has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
Very sad news indeed. Although for the most part I can't say I'm all that surprised. There hasn't been a decent update for over a year now. I know Disney has a lot of responsibility, so I respect their decision to close a game for the better.... if what they said over the phone is true about another company taking over.

I still have no plans to log back in to the game. I will, however, try to get back with the community on here (as I know I have said a million times). Since it's been stated that POF will stay open, I will do my best to communicate here.

Nevertheless, this game was one of my best childhood memories. Through the rough waves and calm seas, it was always fun. POTCO has several memories that will be left in me 'ol treasure chest.
Doubtful. Not banking on them whatsoever. They're simply saying that so you can feel better about the situation. The down right cynical view would be that they're saying whatever they have to say to get us off their back and get lost. They're happy to move on with Infinity whose sales are doing fairly well.