View Single Post
Old 08-23-2013, 09:29 PM
Fleet Crusher
CarribeanThunder's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Klingon Award 2012 Pirate Resolution Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Balanced
CarribeanThunder is a pirate wannabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart Blueginty View Post
Their reply:

Quote:
Thank you for writing in with your concerns. I can confirm discussing any other website while in game is against the rules for the safety of all our players, as this is a children's website.

When it comes to websites that are not affiliated with us; we are unable to ensure the website being mentioned is safe. This being said, we never want our players redirected to potentially harmful websites.
Basically they're saying alexa.com and the web address for the president of the United States of America are unsafe
The Cartoon Network website is a safe website.
So is Jumpstart. And last I checked, Google is pretty much safe.
That doesn't exactly mean that Disney will simply allow players to post the direct links to such sites in the in-game chat.
Even if you posted the link to this very website, the official POTCO forums, you would still be liable for such a ban. They do allow the word "POForum/s," but that is it. Blatantly putting "http://www.piratesonlineforums.com/" in the in-game chat is not allowed.
Just because it is the end of the game, does not mean you are simply given a free pass to break some rules of the game. Those rules would still be in effect until the end.

Yes, the game is ending. But as I care for the game, I am still going to follow the rules.

(I do not mean for my post to sound rude if it does. I just wished to reinforce the point and the reasoning for the ban. I hope you see my point)