View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:48 AM
Fleet Crusher
CarribeanThunder's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Patriotic Pirate's 2013 Award St. Patrick Day 2013 Award Klingon Award 2012 Pirate Resolution Award Happy Holidays'11 Award Halloween'11 Award 
Total Awards: 28

My Mood: Balanced
CarribeanThunder is a pirate wannabe
I personally have a theory as to why that bug happens. I'll explain in the best way I can:

Ships are always sailing forward or backward. Enemy ships will aim ahead of you in order to hit you rather than just fire at you aiming for the spot you're already on, in which case by the time the cannonball reaches where you were, you'll already be out of the way.

Of course, there is no way to sail sideways. But with this glitch, you're basically doing just that. Now, here's where my theory is. Perhaps due to a coding oversight, ships will shoot cannonballs at the coordinate you're occupying at the time of the cannon's firing, because they do not have the proper coding to target sideways movement, since through normal gameplay, it is not possible, and is not necessary to have such coding. This glitch is technically possible at any barrier, specifically the ones around islands. The only difference is that you're on the outside of that "circle" of a barrier, so it's a bit more tricky. The End of the World's circle puts you on the inside and has a much larger radius, so the length will be much more of a straight sideways movement.

Hopefully that all makes sense.