View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Mayhem Evermore
Dark_Pixie's Primary Pirate Info
Awards Showcase
Pirating To The End Award Talk Like A Pirate Day 2013 Award International Literacy Day 2013 Award Klingon Award 2012 All Site Party Winner's Award Patriot Pirate's 2012 Award Guess The Picture Winner's Award St. Patrick's Day 2012 Award 
Total Awards: 21

My Mood: JarODirt
Dark_Pixie is well renown pirateDark_Pixie is well renown pirateDark_Pixie is well renown pirateDark_Pixie is well renown pirateDark_Pixie is well renown pirate
When I started the game, I felt like it was the coolest thing in the world. I played it every day, and was so very addicted to it.

Now the sense of mystery has gone, but the game has improved quite a lot. For example, when I joined, there were no loot drops. I remember the day that it came out. It felt like the best day of my life, finally getting new clothes and weapons. Some of the features of Pirates Online are more limited now, like swimming between islands. But I am very happy with the way Pirates Online is. It might be nice to see some of the old islands come back, I suppose, but it doesn't really make any difference to me.

I wouldn't say the game was 'lame' compared to the old days. I'd say it's quite the opposite. Pirates will always be my favourite MMOG, because of the memories, not the present. If the old islands come back, it won't make them special anymore, and chances are you won't be able to replicate some of your fondest memories. And some people might start asking for the islands we have now back. There's no pleasing some people.

I doubt we'll ever forget what Pirates was like when we started. But if some parts of Pirates changes back to the way they were, the current ones will be missed. And as for the old islands, there are some players who prefer the new islands. Disney did remove the old islands for a reason, mates!

Disney should listen to us, though. All the suggestions that have been made to them... how many got into the actual game? I don't think anybody asked for Scoundrel Of The Seas. Don't get me wrong, I like the update, but that's a good example. I used to sometimes see GMs cross Abassa Tortuga to a quieter place (this was when I was in Abassa quite regularly), and see who followed them. I suspect the reason they did this was to gather feedback, as all the questions they asked were about the game (in a piratey style, of course). There were many, many suggestions about making the route to Darkhart a little shorter. And when was this? Mid 2010, I think. No shortened route. I don't think it's ever going to happen, but there's another example.

To finish, I want to say that Pirates has certainly improved. There have been some good updates, bad updates, and updates that add bugs into the game. Everyone has different opinions, and we can all respect that. Let's wait and see what happens. I think something there's something big round the corner.