Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (http://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO's Tips, Tactics, and Guides (http://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   How to? (http://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40192)

WarMeister5275 02-03-2013 07:34 AM

How to?
 
Hey guys I have a few questions. First off I have a Frigate and i was wondering how i can get my ship to fire etheral or flaming canon balls from my broadsides. Ive asked others how they did it but they never answer me so can anybody tell me how? The next question i have is when fishing how do i even attract the big fish at the bottom? I can cast my lure down to them but i cannot get their attention. Anybody know how?

Captain Gas 02-03-2013 04:00 PM

1. You need to customize your ship to get that. (I don't specifically what to customize it to. Sorry, haven't played in a while.)

2. I believe your lure has to be close enough to them. Also, they'll have to be swimming close for them to notice your lure.

Platinum Pirate 02-03-2013 04:03 PM

The simplest path to pursue for getting Firebrand broadsides is the Cargo path. The middle one you see at the Shipwright.

Once you upgrade to Cargo III, you'll have a choice of how much Firebrand power you want. If you want to keep your extra cargo hold, go with Fortune Hunter. If you just want the power, then go with Firestorm.

Which fish are you referring with your second question? Are you referring to them sharks or tunas?

Kale Grayhand 02-03-2013 04:40 PM

For the second question, you need to upgrade to a journeyman's fishing rod in order to catch the medium fish like tuna. You can get this rod when you reach fishing level 5. If you mean the biggest fish, like sharks, then you need a master rod which you can get at level 15.

Kriss_Man1 02-03-2013 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarMeister5275 (Post 378161)
Hey guys I have a few questions. First off I have a Frigate and i was wondering how i can get my ship to fire etheral or flaming canon balls from my broadsides. Ive asked others how they did it but they never answer me so can anybody tell me how? The next question i have is when fishing how do i even attract the big fish at the bottom? I can cast my lure down to them but i cannot get their attention. Anybody know how?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum Pirate (Post 378163)
The simplest path to pursue for getting Firebrand broadsides is the Cargo path. The middle one you see at the Shipwright.

Once you upgrade to Cargo III, you'll have a choice of how much Firebrand power you want. If you want to keep your extra cargo hold, go with Fortune Hunter. If you just want the power, then go with Firestorm.

Which fish are you referring with your second question? Are you referring to them sharks or tunas?

OK,

  1. Plat is correct on your Firebrand part, you have 2 Options for Firebrand ; Firestorm and Fortune Hunter.
  2. Etheral / Fury Broadsides are Skull and Bones Hull Upgrade.
  1. Firestorm (available from the Streamline and Cargo tiers)
  2. Fortune Hunter (ONLY available from Cargo tier)
  3. Skull and Bones (available from Cargo and Reinforced tiers)
For your fishing question, Kale is spot-on, you first need to have a high enough Fishing Level & once you reach the Level Required ; You gotta go see the Fish-Master and Upgrade your Fishing Rod.




Kriss.:bookishfj7:

WarMeister5275 02-04-2013 12:47 AM

Thanks much guys this was really helpful. Now one last question. Whats the quickest way to get ahold of great amounts of gold?

Rannulf 02-04-2013 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarMeister5275 (Post 378174)
Thanks much guys this was really helpful. Now one last question. Whats the quickest way to get ahold of great amounts of gold?

Darkheart, fishing, and Tormenta sweeps net about 10k gold an hour plus or minus. Now blackjack on padres max bet cheating with aces can get ye 50k plus an hour. Gold runs at sea can net 2-5k per run no hunters. length of time per run depends on the skill of cap'n and crew.

Good luck lad!

Kriss_Man1 02-04-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rannulf (Post 378176)
Darkheart, fishing, and Tormenta sweeps net about 10k gold an hour plus or minus. Now blackjack on padres max bet cheating with aces can get ye 50k plus an hour. Gold runs at sea can net 2-5k per run no hunters. length of time per run depends on the skill of cap'n and crew.

Good luck lad!

Well Fishing... IF you find the right Server (that is the 1 with Legendary Fishies on the bite) can net upwards of 20-25K in an hour... Done it a couple of times.

That being said, I've TRIED & FAILED even more times than I've succeeded.

:12_1_138: Treasure is mostly a matter of Luck, so ya just gotta be persistent. :p


Kriss.


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:21 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.