Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Finished Ventures (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   Dowsing Rod (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17632)

Monorail Red 10-15-2010 05:29 PM

Dowsing Rod

Can anyone offer any advise on using the dowsing rod? I found one spot, got the green circle and got a toy duck or something like that. I went looking again found spot but no green ring. Is there more to using the rod?

Please help.

Many thanks!!!! :mickeypiratezd4:

Lady Violet 10-15-2010 05:31 PM

I kept hitting the button as I walked around to help me find the other spots. It tells you when ur getting close or further away. Kind of like the game hot and cold.

Chimera Doll 10-15-2010 05:41 PM

There are dig spots around the idols as well as some dead ends in the mines.
It may take awhile to find the right spot so good luck, mate!

melodizing 10-15-2010 07:29 PM

That's the who part of the quest, mate. It's gonna take you a few tries until you actually find the idol.
To use the dowsing rod, just continually click the "Use Dowsing Rod" button until you find the spot in which you need to dig.

J.T. 10-15-2010 10:33 PM

Finding the rubber ducky was part of the quest I believe, when I did it I found it and at least 2 other things before getting the idol. It was just something to trick/make it take longer for you to find the idol.

Sven Ironwalker 10-16-2010 07:04 AM

Dont use it that often. It seems to work as a radius through walls and such and is not very good. When you look for the dig sites its not really any different from when you were looking for stuff on the islands... if you use it too often it will sort of confuse you by picking up on stuff that is on the other side of a wall or something. Especially one particular section.

sweeeets 10-16-2010 04:12 PM

Hi. Im just wondering if anyone could be more specific... its like always an open ended answer.... Does anyone have a more direct answer?

Dog Firestack 10-17-2010 02:31 PM

Dowsing Rod Locations below. Open the spoiler tab if you want to see it.

Spoiler for Dowsing Rod Locations:

pessemist 11-08-2010 08:04 PM

It 'Dead-Reakons' the direction of the idol in a straight line from you. So it does not point the way directly.

As you walk around hitting the button you will hit a spot that says "you are getting closer but still far away". If you are in the center of a tunnel and walking either way makes you 'get farther away' then the idol dig spot is direclty away through a wall. To find the direction, walk back and forth the width of your tunnel and see which direction brings you closer.

Then follow the tunnels that lead in the direction of the idol...constantly clicking your rod as you run.

When the 'Idol is Nearby' you are in the same tunnel as the dig spot. Walk slower and you will come to it.

I got all the idols in about 7 minutes doing it this way.

good luck