Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Polls & Surveys (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   what do you want to see in the following year in 2012? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32955)

Captain Jorden 01-12-2012 03:48 AM

what do you want to see in the following year in 2012?

Basically its what do you want to see in the following year in 2012?

leo 01-14-2012 07:29 AM

2012 is a year that just started so that is a long time so i would like to see more than just one specific thing. I went with bug fixes but that's because i think it's a priority for the game itself.

I would like to see in things come in this order:

1. Bug/glitch fixes! A fix for Lag such as upgrading software and/or better servers. This is something that needs to happen as content is build and worked properly. By that i mean fixing bugs that are known on live and all known issues on test as new content comes!
2. A second story quest (a necessary addition by now), as long as the first Pearl quest or longer but it is harder to achieve and gives a reward that actually works.(unlike leadership that does the opposite of helping).
3. A New SvS island. I and others like me pay and play the game just because of SvS. To be fair, a new PvP cave or Guild Vs Guild PvP system as well.
4. One new permanent skill per each weapon/cannon/sailing.There has been no new skill since game release
5. Increase level cap to 55 or 60 with weapon levels to 35.
6. More quests that can be given by random friendly NPC's on the major isles.
7. Expand Ship Customization: Level 5 Hull Upgrades/Level 3 Rigging Upgrades/more Emblems

Perhaps this may be to much for POTCO since history shows us so but i would like to see at least the top 4 or 5 within 2012. I would be amazed if they could handle this much progress

Robert Blackthorne 01-14-2012 12:32 PM

I would like to see map quests....You can find or buy a map....It may be a false map, or it actually might lead to something. You get a map, and it tells you to sail to "..", and look for a spot about ".." paces from ".." for the next portion of the map...You could follow the maps to 2, or 3, or more places just to find you'd been had, or you could end up finding a nice sum of loot, a very rare weapon, a free ship upgrade maybe, etc....Maybe make some maps real hard to get by having to fight a "boss" who holds it.......lot of possibilities to play with

Platinum Pirate 01-14-2012 05:07 PM

I chose Other because its the best substitute for All of the above and then some.

Captain Seafarer CO. 01-14-2012 06:58 PM

This is SO sad!!! But I voted for BUG FIXES! They are so bad now! Like, new bugs to old stuff that did not have them before.

Fighting flag ships is a certain trip through your deck into the water below, I sometimes freeze when someone else gets KO'd, anywhere from a split second to actually getting defeated and the sudden error message and disconnect feature now upgraded fro your frustrating pleasure.

And the cherry on top was yesterday, man! it really ****ed me off, went out on my War Brig that has a cargo capacity of 25 (Level III upgrade), level 4 costs 120,000 gold that I am saving for.

The very first ship of all was the QAR, after a long drawn battle on her deck, we defeated her and received 9 Royal chests. I d not remember EVER getting so many RC's before.

We then went and sunk a few larger ships and battled larger flag ships, we were well into our single cross bone when the QAR popped close by... hmm!!! let's take her down, with like 16 royals onboard by now, after defeating the QAR we would port and cash out big time, screw the hunters on this run...

POOOFF!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm now looking at my launcher prompting me for my password... ***!?!?!? I frantically logged back in, get back to my server,,, did not ask me to join the crew again which is a bad sign, pressed H for ship status... EMPTY, no crew, no cargo, OMFG!?!? ... I thought that maybe someone took the wheel and ported but no, came to find out as mates started to log back in that the same thing happened to them... NOBODY got squat,,, ALL gone.

Sorry for the long rant, I have lost plenty ship loads before but never, ever with this much good loot, since it now takes a lot of time to get to materials, hunters... and gold is now needed at much higher amounts, it sure was frustrating... I do NOT mind the hard work just don't make it dissappear! And no, this was not the first time, it's happened a lot before but NEVER with this much cargo.

Mia Lightning 01-14-2012 07:39 PM

More storage.

Captain Jorden 01-15-2012 01:54 AM

Oops, I posted a tread and never gave my oppinion.

Well, I chose bug fixes, because yesterday in an invasion, almost all baricades got destroyed magically. Then we got destroyed by Old Jolly. So I went to andoso, and I was surprised that they lost. Checked like 4 busy servers and they still lost.

I was hoping for this in Ship customization that we get to pick part of our hulls out and add cannons. That would be lots of lag but its really what I wanted. Also I do want a new area to explore some parts like maybe a large island with several towns. And I really like someone's idea I read yesterday(I evolved it a little.) about choosing 4 types of people when you start the game or every 5-10 lvs.
You can start out as Navy, Eitc, Undead or a Pirate. But also my own idea about, jobs for pirates. Not just mini-games. Like being Dealer or Bartendor.

static156 01-15-2012 01:58 AM

I clicked other for all of the above.

Platinum Pirate 01-15-2012 04:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jorden98 (Post 361602)
Oops, I posted a tread and never gave my oppinion.

Well, I chose bug fixes, because yesterday in an invasion, almost all baricades got destroyed magically. Then we got destroyed by Old Jolly. So I went to andoso, and I was surprised that they lost. Checked like 4 busy servers and they still lost.

I was hoping for this in Ship customization that we get to pick part of our hulls out and add cannons. That would be lots of lag but its really what I wanted. Also I do want a new area to explore some parts like maybe a large island with several towns. And I really like someone's idea I read yesterday(I evolved it a little.) about choosing 4 types of people when you start the game or every 5-10 lvs.
You can start out as Navy, Eitc, Undead or a Pirate. But also my own idea about, jobs for pirates. Not just mini-games. Like being Dealer or Bartendor.

Yesterday, all my troubles seem so far away... lol sorry that tune started playing in my head. I just had to write that. Anyway, yesterday was Friday the 13th. We were told that certain mishaps were going to happen so watch out. I don't think it was a bug. It was part of that day's special event.

As for me, I did not elaborate in my post about why I voted Other. The most important thing for POTCO to do is stop putting all its eggs in one basket when introducing any new content. A number of bugs are caused because they have SVS sharing the same ocean in live when it needs its own place, its own server. I have written to them in fact explaining how it can work by revamping this aspect of the game which includes all PvPs.

It would mean for POTCO to remove those set of islands and in its place can be a brand new island. Not sure what exactly, but should be something most of their customers would enjoy playing at. I also mentioned to them the tremendous amount of potential POTCO will have when creating these special SVS servers. And mates, there will be. It's just a matter of whether these Developers can possibly make them happen or they can't. I believe they can and it will certainly be a start.

Trust me when I state this: You'll see Privateering in a whole new way.

Midhav 01-15-2012 07:28 AM

One thing I'd like to see this year, apart from all mentioned, would be the continuation of the story-line that started with the end of Raven's Cove [story quest]. You know, getting the Cursed Blades to defeat Jolly and the whole Evil Curse of Doom thing? Possibly even a whole new MAJOR story quest (like the Black Pearl, except in the style of Raven's Cove)... and it wouldn't hurt to have some Davy Jones and Blackbeard tie-ins.

Dark_Pixie 01-15-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mia Lightning (Post 361552)
More storage.

I couldn't agree more. This year, I ask for three things in particular...

1. More storage, like Mia said. I'm having to trash clothing I like just to make way for new clothes. I wouldn't even mind if there was a bank system where I could store items I'm not using. That would be fantastic.

2. Bookmark totems. I really don't like having to leave an area like Tormenta to get more tonics/ammo, and having to sail or run all the way back. Same with crashing. If we could get a totem quest from Tia Dalma to complete, we could recieve a bookmark totem. Then when we're in an area hard to get to, we can just place the totem there (no other player would see it), so if the player needs ammo or tonics, or gets really unlucky and dies, they can just teleport back. Good for solo looting, bad for other players who try to kill off another one and realise that they have the bookmark totem. The bookmark will reset when the player goes offline for a specific amount of time (so if they crash they have time to get back online before the totem resets). Haven't heard this being suggested before.

3. Better chat filter! A big part of the game for me is chatting, especially since I've joined this site. This has been spoken of time and time again, but I really get angry when I write a message and realise it hasn't gone through when five minutes pass with no answer. It can be pretty bad for the person on the other end too, at least for me, because they might feel like they're being ignored. Believe me, that's happened too many times. Perhaps a message telling you your message didn't go through, or filter the parts of the message that it doesn't like and let it through. I used to play another game where the message always went through, whether it was stars or filtered words. At least I can be assured that it went through.

I expect I could think of more updates I'd like to see, but I'm very happy with the game as it is at the moment. I don't really mind bugs, as most have a way around them anyway. When in doubt, relog!

Platinum Pirate 01-15-2012 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Pixie (Post 361643)
I couldn't agree more. This year, I ask for three things in particular...

1. More storage

2. Bookmark totems.

3. Better chat filter!

I expect I could think of more updates I'd like to see, but I'm very happy with the game as it is at the moment. I don't really mind bugs, as most have a way around them anyway. When in doubt, relog!

Amen! I like those last two ideas. I have experienced the same thing with chatting. Seems to happen more often lately. Not sure if it's tied in to these special events. Have a strong hunch though, the problem will happen whenever someone in your chat is in a very busy situation. Server loses track or the amount of time it takes to relay the message exceeds their timeout. Thus never informing both conversation partners that the message failed to deliver.

Still, apart from the totem. The idea I forwarded to POTCO as described in my previous post would double our inventory and it would simplify our chat box naturally. Like I said, it has much potential, and it is something they can do fairly easily.

Captain Hector 01-15-2012 08:41 PM

I'd like too see you being able to capture other ships, and customize them after that. And you being able to type-a-name for the ship. Here are some less-important stuff that maybe they can add later..:
1. Better graphics
2. More enemies
3. unique enemy ship names

Slasher 01-16-2012 08:05 AM

Ok, well, I think I wan't LOTS of things... Thats why I voted other. Well, anyways. First and foremost, lag and glitches!!! We need to fix these things! Has anyone else noticed how people can glitch to get to places...? Or how people can glitch to do PvP? Very sad. And lag when people go into invasions, even when they are running great computers? Or how people lag just getting onto a ship? Its very frustrating.

After that, I think they need to work on graphics... Has anyone else noticed they are using Panda3D?? Panda3D is very old, and FREE... Thats right, FREE... They are taking our money, and not putting forward to animation! Things need to be changed! Most other MMORG's seem to have quite a bit better graphics. Sure, this is Disney we are talking about, but still, they should be able to fix SOME and make it look just a bit better. I mean Disney has excelled in most other things. But this, not so much. So after all that is gone, then we can get to work on the awesome stuff...

After that, I would like uniqueness. You know, flair. Not all pirates are right handed, have generally the same clothes/ships/weapons, and attack and act the same. In fact, the golden age of pirates wasn't full of just pirates. It had smugglers, thieves, double agents that traded sides, and all sorts of other stuff.. So why can't we get that? Why can't we learn different ways, make special forms of moves, have vast amounts of clothes (And more storage :D), tattoos, piercings, and more! I would talk about ships, but we have gotten more about that, but still, we could use more. Same with weapons.

And I think that should end my rant. I love this game as all you do, but these should be in the game in order to make our game even BETTER.

Igor Greybeard 01-16-2012 07:08 PM

Igor waves

Igor want a level cap raise!! :D