Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Kraken ate my what? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   "Why is Everybody Shooting at Me?" (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34290)

Crimson Rose 02-09-2012 04:55 PM

"Why is Everybody Shooting at Me?"

When I go sailing in my ship, I get the following reactions:

- If I don't shoot at anyone, cursed ships may shoot at me if I get too close;
- If I shoot at EITC or Navy ships, ALL ships will shoot at me;
- If I shoot at cursed ships only, only cursed ships will shoot at me.

Can you others confirm this from your experience? Does this hold true in all parts of the "Ocean?" Is this something that others have remarked on before?

(I went out and sank three cursed ships. On my first volley against the last one, some of my shot hit the cursed ship, and some flew past and hit an EITC Sea Viper. Suddenly everyone around was shooting at me!)

Crimson Rose

blade1 03-21-2012 07:37 PM

Hey Rose! You are experiencing normal things. For some reason recently you are able to kill cursed ships ONLY and have no other type of ship shoot at you. Once you hit a navy or EITC ship, all types will openly shoot at you. Also, if you sink only cursed ships without hitting navy or EITC ships you will be able to not reach hunter status(crossbones). Which is nice for people going for rep and not wanting to deal with hunters. But, ye be warned, for if you sink a lot of cursed ships and then only sink one navy or EITC, you can go straight from no crossbones to double crossbones( hunter status). Hope this helps and happy plundering!

Dog Gunmorgan 03-21-2012 07:58 PM

I believe this happens because the Navy/EITC communicate with eachother while the cursed ships do not, also the Navy and EITC want the cursed ships gone just as badly as we do, so they don't attack us for taking them out, but when we attack a navy ship, they communicate to the others (including EITC) that they're under attack by pirates, and the others try to assist. (don't take this as fact, just a theory to sort of explain it)

Davy_Mcwrecker 03-21-2012 11:41 PM

Darn, Dog beat me. But, the only thing I don't get is that all shps attack you like you have sunk ships in SvS. Shouldn't that be the one mode where the only ships that attack you are the ones you engage?

blade1 03-22-2012 01:20 AM

Yes Davy, they shouldn't be engaged if your under svs sails, and they didn't attack svs ships until recently. I used to repair in groups of navy and EITC warships, but now I fear to stop there while I svs because every once in awhile they will open fire on me without me touching them. My thoughts are that when they uploaded the ship customization update they had a bug that causes normal comp ships to fire on svs ships. Hope they fix it in the next update.