Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Ahoy! (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   POF Moving Forward (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40445)

Batleth 10-03-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonfury (Post 380862)
Will there be a general forums or Sports?? college football preferably :D

I don't see us going in a sports direction. We're going into a family friendly MMO discussion fansite. Of course, we will have an off topic section where sports can be discussed.

Luckie OClover 10-05-2013 12:43 PM

TTC has so many members, my name is taken & I am frustrated -_-
I know, add some numbers or something & get over it
I just needed to vent, because it made me cranky

djr_8fan 10-07-2013 04:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mommy 2 Jules (Post 380849)
That is kind of the point of moving TTC over to the new site. We will no longer be Disney-only. ;) MMOCentralForums will be a place for all of us to discuss any and all MMO games, as well as platform/console games. The administrative staff already has ideas for subforums of some of the most popular MMOs that are out there (LOTRO, Wizard101, Minecraft, WoW, Pirates101, SWTOR to name a few). Though we are removing our Disney-only aspect, we will continue to maintain our family-friendly atmosphere. We think this is the best of both worlds -- maintain our community but get to talk about more mature games without all the nonsense and worry that all members of our families will not be able to participate.

I really do think you will like the new forums if you give them a try. Change is hard. We all know and understand. But there is no reason for us as a community to give up our camaraderie and friendships because Disney decided to close the game that brought us together. We shall move on (albeit with heavy hearts at first) and prevail!

~ Em

I think the issue with the move that Kriss and I have is that we'll lose this site. I, and maybe he, as well as a few others were only on this forum, none of the others (TTC and Pixie). I'm not ready to create yet another account on a new forum (TTC would be new to me).

Personally I dont understand why you couldnt, instead of merging into one big mmo forum, keep this forum as a online pirates mmo forum, turn TTC into the other mmo forum that could include games like Widzards101, SWTOR, etc. This forum could be preserved with our accounts here as well as all our awards, etc. if this forum was to continue as a Pirates MMO forum. Just a thought.

Lilys 10-07-2013 04:52 AM

If anyone is having trouble getting setup at TTC please send me a PM and let me know, I will do what I can to help.

Kriss_Man1 10-07-2013 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djr_8fan (Post 380923)
I think the issue with the move that Kriss and I have is that we'll lose this site. I, and maybe he, as well as a few others were only on this forum, none of the others (TTC and Pixie). I'm not ready to create yet another account on a new forum (TTC would be new to me).

Personally I dont understand why you couldnt, instead of merging into one big mmo forum, keep this forum as a online pirates mmo forum, turn TTC into the other mmo forum that could include games like Widzards101, SWTOR, etc. This forum could be preserved with our accounts here as well as all our awards, etc. if this forum was to continue as a Pirates MMO forum. Just a thought.

Aye! Hit the nail on the head... I have no interest in Pixies, or the various other cartoon characters, for me it's all about the pirates, which is why I went to PotBS when I sensed the end for Disney's offering.

Kriss

Batleth 10-07-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luckie OClover (Post 380911)
TTC has so many members, my name is taken & I am frustrated -_-
I know, add some numbers or something & get over it
I just needed to vent, because it made me cranky

Password reminder e-mailed to you for your TTC account that you registered back in 2010.

Quote:

Originally Posted by djr_8fan (Post 380923)

Nothing will be lost when we close down this site. Everything will be archived for reading. The skins, avatars, awards, etc have already been moved to TTC to make all the pirates feel a little bit more at home.

We've been thru a site loosing their main topic or game before. It isn't long before they become a ghost town. It just becomes not worth our time and money to remain open. By consolidating all the sites, we'll be able to pay respects to each closed game and still be able to discuss new MMOs. For the first time in many years, we'll have a single mod staff to concentrate our efforts going towards a greater site. I would much rather see us put our efforts into preserving the sites and working towards what could be a very bright future instead of doing nothing and watch it all waste away.

We're not forcing anyone to join TTC. That choice is yours or feel free to seek other games and other forums.

Zilly 10-07-2013 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djr_8fan (Post 380834)
Guess that means that everything I've saved here on this forum needs to be resaved on my new pc.

I'd like to reiterate that nothing will be lost except the ability to post and create a new account here. All of your images will remain. All old posts will still be readable.

Cannonfury 10-10-2013 03:55 PM

You mentioned something about emailing us on the TT forum...I changed my email for it just now...the other one does not exists anymore.

How will you know which POF account info to migrate to the toon town stuff?? I do have the e-mails for both the same now...used to be different e-mails. Also I did not get an email from toontown...

Batleth 10-15-2013 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonfury (Post 380952)
You mentioned something about emailing us on the TT forum...I changed my email for it just now...the other one does not exists anymore.

How will you know which POF account info to migrate to the toon town stuff?? I do have the e-mails for both the same now...used to be different e-mails. Also I did not get an email from toontown...

We haven't sent out the e=mail yet.

We will not be migrating POF's user account info to TTC. That is why we are requiring anyone wishing to move to our main site now to register on TTC. Since you already have an account on TTC, you'll just log into that account.

andyspins 10-16-2013 01:22 PM

I can't seem to create an account on TTC. Does that mean I won't be able to access MMO central?

Lady Freckles 10-16-2013 02:56 PM

TTC closed today while we reorganize and get ready for the opening of MMO Central on Friday.

You should be able to register a new account there on Friday.

Our new IRC channel, #MMOCentralForums, is open and staff are there to help if you have any questions.

Or if you prefer, you can contact us via email at [email protected] with any questions or problems.

We look forward to seeing you on the new site.