Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO Plunder, Sutler, and Gear! (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Collections (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35246)

Crimson Rose 03-22-2012 02:34 AM

Collections

Do you ever complete any of these miscellaneous collections?

I've got paintings. I've got teeth. I've got rings. I've got chess pieces. I have jewelry and knick-knacks. I keep getting more and more of the same ones over and over.

In every collection I have - and I think I have them all - I have every single piece except the very last item. Coincidence? I wonder.

Do you ever get the last piece of any of these collections? What happens when you do? Is POTCO withholding that last piece for a special occasion?

Further questions enter my mind. If the paintings of the 9 rogues were so unique, how come I've already found 27 of Gentleman Joquarde? How many teeth can one person have? How many rings can you fit on one finger before they start falling off?

I contemplate these things while selling off the 4 rare/famed blades I casually picked up in Isla Tormenta that I can't use (cause I'm already carrying four) while wondering what I'm going to do with the almost 200,000 gold I have, and I say to myself, maybe POTCO gives away too much treasure with their monsters.

Crimson Rose

Crazypirate 03-22-2012 03:18 AM

Yes you can complete the collections but unfortunately there is no reward for completing them! I was very sad when I finally finished them all and nothing!

Benjamin Cannonwallace 03-22-2012 03:26 AM

Well the last two collections are only available from Cannons of the Deep, which is now closed so you can't get them anymore. I'm missing two others though....

EDIT: I as well are missing the last one in each collection... :(

Nate Swordwalker 03-22-2012 03:28 AM

The thing you've gotta remember is this is a game. This isn't real life. You aren't gonna play a game and find one Mona Lisa, because games don't work that way. I think you are taking every little detail of the game and saying it's not realistic - which, it's not. It's a game.

J.T. 03-22-2012 03:36 AM

At one point, you could find the last piece of every treasure set (last treasure spot on each list).

However, sometime since looting was released, there has been a bug or something, and that last treasure item in each list has disappeared from the game. (Between me, and several friends that I have asked, we have not found these, at least in a long time)

(one of my pirates does have every single of the main treasure items, including the ones in question, at the end of the lists)

Captain Jorden 03-22-2012 05:11 AM

I know I found all of the nine rouges... And i thought that when ever I received all of them, there would be a quest about finding Elizabeth's Father...

Crimson Rose 03-22-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Jorden (Post 367106)
I thought that when ever I received all of them, there would be a quest about finding Elizabeth's Father...

Maybe some day ....

Platinum Pirate 03-22-2012 03:47 PM

lol Ms. Swann has some explaining to do. Of course, she will readily put me in my place and dryly state that "the matter in question has been taken care of".

You could raise that with POTCO along with some other story quests that remained incomplete or unfinished. I honestly think that the whereabouts of her father would be tied to Davey Jones and the Kraken. He was after all killed At World's End. So was Beckett, Jones, Mercer, Turner [well he came back], etc.