Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO Tournaments, Contests and Events (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Tribute To Bill Ironskull- RIP (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29009)

leo 09-22-2011 05:09 AM

Tribute To Bill Ironskull- RIP

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...nPeaceBill.png
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...titled1234.png
Credits go to Jade O'Hayes

Something About Bill:
As many may have heard the news by now; a great friend, a family member, a human being and a pirate passed away a few days ago. This mate was Bill Ironskull. Bill was part of the Caribbean World since the beginning and enjoyed the pirate life for years. Unfortunately, To a sad end, Bill passed away due to cancer- a part of his life which not many knew among his pirate friends so that no one would of worried about him. A very respectful and honorable move on his part. Bill was a true Friend, A true Pirate, and a True SvSer. He helped and guided many pirates in his days of joy. Bill was an Icon of SvS not by just his great skill, but for many reason such as always being ready for a good battle, guiding and greeting new comers on the beach of French island and for his well appreciated positive attitude.

I knew Bill for about 3 years in POTCO. And though through just the game, I learned that he was one of the best friends i could of had there. He made a difference in the game and more specifically in SvS. He made a difference in the life of many other close friends he had who recently came online in POTCO just to pay their respect to Bill. In the time i knew him, he was a loyal player to POTCO and never took a long break or was without membership. Bill was one of the pirates who always fought for the best of POTCO and did is best in making the game better and funner. He was a gentleman and a fun loving pirate. Though some may have not liked him, he always would give advice to everyone and try to keep peace. Words to describe you cannot come to mind mate, because in every part of you, there was good. You will always be in the peoples mind and forever in the harts of those who knew you.

May you rest in Peace Bill. Our Heartfelt Condolences to Friends and Family.
__________________________________________________ _________
Pirate Tribute
In honor and respect for Bill, We will be holding a pirate tribute.
1. When: Saturday- September 24th- 8: 45 PM Eastern time (5: 45 PST)
2. Where: Meet at French island on Lempona Ocean(will go forward from there)
3. What: Ship formation/blockade in the SvS area.

Two options depending on how many pirates show up. When sailing, Please sail the biggest ship ye may have. You may also name your ship Dark Eagle if you want to.
Only 10 SvS ships are allowed on each side of SvS therefore after both sides are full, some pirates might have to sail regular ships to the SvS area and get on the formation.

Option 1:
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...1_21-22-38.png
A simple Blockade from French island to Spanish Island

Option 2:
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...1_16-42-11.jpg
If a lot o pirates show up, Then a blockade that looks like this. From French, to Rocks to Spanish to other side of rocks to French.

I ask that pirates please refrain from using any offensive language and any drama. This is in remembrance of a a great pirate and it would be great if was only about that. Those sailing on an SvS ship-HOLD YOUR FIRE. Do not attack the opposite team. More instructions will be announced after arriving there so please stay quiet(remember this is a tribute event) and listen so everything may go as planned.

After the ship formation/blockade, All pirates are welcomed to start a friendly SvS competition (on that server) where no announced winners or competitors will be mentioned, Just SvS and have fun.

Everyone is welcome. Hope to see as many pirates as there is.
Thank You!

Captain Del 09-22-2011 12:13 PM

The Partners and I will do our best to attend.

richfireskull 09-22-2011 03:25 PM

Not sure if I can make it and have you seen Joseph ironskull? he stands in Bills spot.

WeirdBeard 09-22-2011 09:36 PM

I did not know him very well, but he was a very respectful, and recpectable pirate!

I will do my best to attend.

leo 09-23-2011 02:46 AM

This was from a friend and creator of the banners above who actually did not know Bill much but was kind enough to help in all this.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jade O'Hayes
Bill had a lot of friends, and I could tell that they enjoyed his company. It was a coincidence that the screenshots that were captured, a lot of them that I had the honor to see, were with pirate lasses. They brought smile to my face ... There was something unique about this, and despite of our mourn, Bill's pirate life was something that we need to celebrate. These shots are far too priceless not to share. Here they are:
http://i1141.photobucket.com/albums/...21-22-38-1.png

mikhailskills 09-25-2011 12:03 AM

Thank you for making these Jade

leo 09-25-2011 12:40 AM

I am hoping that there will be enough pirates and ships for the second option. Please sail the biggest ship you have. Also to make sure that there will be enough ships, please sail your own ship instead of going to friends...

To make this easy, there will be 4 ships named dark eagle already out at sea. They will be placed at the turning point of the formation and everyone should be behind them and behind the ship in front of you going back to the french or Spanish island.

1. East Rocks- All ships should be positioned behind these two with their rear facing the island.
Click the image to view the full version

2.West Rocks- All ships should be positioned behind these two with their rear facing the island.

Remember that there can only be 20 ships total in SvS.(SvS ships: Please HOLD YOUR FIRE). After this max of SvS ships has been reached, sail from any non SvS Island and get in the formation.

Thank You

leo 09-25-2011 07:15 AM

Thank You Everyone in Attendance to this great tribute in respect to a great pirate. Today being a marked day not only for the tribute but also his Birthday which is so late for him and is family to celebrate. Bill, Though you may have died in this world but never in our hearts! We will cherish your memories and feel your presence more than a living man. Though we all wish you were here with us right now, now ye be in eternal peace and watching over us, laughing and loving, and guiding us to better seas. Bill Ironskull, Rest In Peace Mate!

This was Truly the largest pirate gathering I have ever seen and all in respect to you mate. You brought everyone together, friends and unknowns to each other, and for that we are all thankful to you.

kat truewalker 09-25-2011 10:42 AM

This was an awesome event.

So proud to be a part of it and pay tribute to Bill Ironskull.

May he R.I.P

Fair Winds Always.

Iron Thunder 09-25-2011 02:36 PM

Bill Ironskull rest in peace mate

Dark_Pixie 09-25-2011 02:39 PM

My apologies for not being there... time zone issues. Bill will always be remembered, and his legacy will stay in our hearts forever.

bootstrap 09-25-2011 06:10 PM

Rest in peace my friend, you will be missed and the always friendly HOWDY!

leo 09-27-2011 03:35 AM

It brought me great joy to see that Disney went on Bill's pirate as requested by guildies and transfer GM to keep Bill's guild live in his memory and honor. Caribbean Eagle's leadership has been transferred to one of Bill's closest friends and trusted pirates- Kate Daggerfury. This is truly aprecciated from you Disney and Thank You very much for taking this step to keep Bill's memory and legacy alive.

Once Again, Thank You Disney and Rest in Peace Bill!

richfireskull 09-27-2011 01:44 PM

I did not expect that..... Thank you Disney :)

Captain Sureshot 09-28-2011 12:17 AM

Came out of lurk mode to share my respect for Bill. I was acquainted with him through POTCO, honored to have sailed with him numerous times since the game went live. Just heard about this now, wish I could have been in-game for this.

Always of good cheer, top-notch player, respected and respectful of all, Bill will be missed for sure. While I know that many mourn, keep your heads high - in-game Bill was of good cheer, a top-notch player, respected and respectful of all. It's easy to imagine Bill would be a good friend in real life.

Dracon