Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO WeaponSmith (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Auto healing doll? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27833)

Cabinwrecker 08-14-2011 09:15 PM

Auto healing doll?

I was in Tormenta, fighting with this girl. She said she can put me auto-heal. It's been two hours, i'm afk and I still get healed at least twice a minute. She hasn't moved a muscle or said a word but still continues to heal me. How can someone heal you without being on the computer? Is there a trick i missed?

richfireskull 08-14-2011 09:31 PM

My guess is a macro program.

Cannonfury 08-14-2011 10:10 PM

Auto click.... a downloadable clicker that keeps clicking(through the mouse)...so it heals every time the heal recharges.

Crestshot 08-15-2011 01:23 AM

It's also against POTCO rules. You can't use 3rd party programs.

mikhailskills 08-15-2011 01:42 AM

Crestshot is right.

Cabinwrecker 09-01-2011 12:39 AM

oh, I was hoping there was a legal way. I sure don't want banned!

Chalupa 09-01-2011 01:34 AM

the best thing to do would be to report her.

Davy_Mcwrecker 09-02-2011 10:32 PM

So, for using a downloadable CLICKER, that just clicks, it's a 3rd party prgoram? ????
I understand speed hack, but clicking? Yes, it would make it easier to level, but it's still clicking.

A report seems like to much. o_e

Crestshot 09-03-2011 12:47 AM

Thing is, you're exploiting the game in a way it's not meant to be exploited. Wall glitches; whatever. Swift foot glitch; it's in the programming. But when it's NOT in the programming, that's when you cross the border.

Davy_Mcwrecker 09-03-2011 01:14 AM

Don't get me wrong, but I dont see it as exploiting. It's an automatic clicker. You have to pay for those. Why can't they use something that they bought. It just clicks for you, so you can save some energy. Your not hacking, your not trying to become a founder or a GM. Your not trying to get unlimited gold. Your not trying to get unlimited access for free. It's most certainly not illegal, and trust me, the GOOD clickers, that have a contineous clicking pattern in five spots, is crossing the line. Then you can do glitches, like the granade glitch, or whatever.

It's a clicker that clicks. Not a hacking machene. It does not mess up the prgramming, and more imprtantly - it does not lag other players. Swift foot glitch does.

Captain Del 09-03-2011 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davy_Mcwrecker (Post 347197)
Don't get me wrong, but I dont see it as exploiting. It's an automatic clicker. You have to pay for those. Why can't they use something that they bought. It just clicks for you, so you can save some energy. Your not hacking, your not trying to become a founder or a GM. Your not trying to get unlimited gold. Your not trying to get unlimited access for free. It's most certainly not illegal, and trust me, the GOOD clickers, that have a contineous clicking pattern in five spots, is crossing the line. Then you can do glitches, like the granade glitch, or whatever.

It's a clicker that clicks. Not a hacking machene. It does not mess up the prgramming, and more imprtantly - it does not lag other players. Swift foot glitch does.

Macroes/3rd party programs are often used to exploit many factors in the game, most notably the leaderboards. Walk away from the computer for a few hours, and you're on the leaderboards, just because you chose to cheat. Though most of us don't prefer ranking, and often see it as a chore, there are plenty of pirates who do find pleasure in the competitiveness of ranking, which is why the use of macroes not only gets a guild on the boards for the wrong reasons, but it's basically a slap in the face to the people who want to rank for their guild for the right way.

Let's also not ignore the fact that macroes can also be used for leveling, which when you substitute to my previous point, is equally as bad. Using third party programs takes away from the game, and IS cheating.

Crestshot 09-03-2011 01:48 AM

How do you know it doesn't mess with the programming? How do you know it doesn't hack into the game so that it can do this? How do you know that it doesn't lag? You didn't know about it before this thread. I've been around it, and I can tell you that, at the very least, it causes more lag.

Also, I view it as exploiting because, unlike those that work WITHOUT Macros, the player earns the experience and notoriety without doing the work themselves. They set up the program, go make themselves a sandwich, maybe go do some homework, take a nap, and meanwhile, the program keeps hacking, shooting, healing, etc. etc. etc. If that's not an exploit, I don't know what is.

Davy_Mcwrecker 09-03-2011 02:27 AM

It is in fact, not hacking the game, because all it does is click. I have used it on the site, and what ever. I hung out with my friend's using it, didn't cause them lag. The auto clicker I downloaded to test it out was NOT a macros. It's use was to keep a computer screen from locking.

Cannonfury 09-03-2011 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davy_Mcwrecker (Post 347209)
It is in fact, not hacking the game, because all it does is click. I have used it on the site, and what ever. I hung out with my friend's using it, didn't cause them lag. The auto clicker I downloaded to test it out was NOT a macros. It's use was to keep a computer screen from locking.

It is cheating....clicking while u aren't even at the computer. its a 3rd party program that causes the mouse to click without a person actually physically clicking

Tiberius Fireskull 09-03-2011 04:53 AM

While it perhaps is not as harmful as some other 3rd party programs such as speeding, the fact of the matter is that it still is using a third party program, which is against POTCO rules. It doesn't matter what it is. It's still cheating. If you're in school and you cheat on a 1 point assignment, perhaps it's not as drastic as cheating on a 100 point test, but the fact of the matter is that you are still cheating. Davy, it is not hacking, perhaps. Hacking tends to usually be defined as doing something within the game. That would be if you went and put a mod in the game's files or altered them to get you advantages. But, it is still cheating, and even though it is a more innocent one, it is still cheating, as I have said before.

Cheating is cheating, no matter how innocent it is. This is cheating. I rest my case.