Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Graveyard (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   The Pirates Journal: News, Review, and Bugs- video blog (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1637)

Plo Koon 10-21-2007 02:02 AM

The Pirates Journal: News, Review, and Bugs- video blog

This is the first in hopefully a series of many to come.

It features a news entry, and a bug I found, it's mostly a review for people who've played and/or haven't played yet.

Enjoy!

I spent a lot of time on this and it's my first narration.

WATCH HERE

Please tell me what you think of it.

Batleth 10-22-2007 07:23 AM

Nice over view of the game so far.

IceSphere 10-22-2007 01:57 PM

I agree with most of the review... $10 per month..? That's over $100 each year, for the use of a web site... (you walk away with nothing when you quit, sounds cheep, but all that WORK, after 3 years- $300+dollars, are you going to quit..? $500..? for a game, hmm...)

Just have to ask... Did they change the rules for Beat..? Or is it just too late in the game to worry about that for you..? I know I didn't even want my beta key any more after they switched me- I have a bunch of bug shots I'd like to post soon...

They changed the FAQ's but this was a quote I pasted from... well, a post I made in May 07, from the FAQ's in beat 1

Hmm... just like I thought, this is from the FAQ's

Quote:

Can I post screenshots or information about the game?

No. Publishing any information to the Internet or to any other location or any other medium will result in your expulsion from the Beta program, and may result in other corporate disciplinary action.

munkey458 10-22-2007 05:40 PM

Yeah $10 a month really isn't worth it if you ask me. I like the game but I won't spend money every month on an online game no matter how much I like it. I'll be playing free >.<

lol I like the video, it's so true in so many ways.

Sr.Penguin 10-22-2007 09:10 PM

Very good, and I couldn't agree more with you on some of the issues.

Plo Koon 10-23-2007 02:13 AM

Thanks for the comments guys! Much different than I expected them to be, since I was kinda harsh on certain things.

Also, I directly emailed potco dev team the video I made. I am a game developer, I've created a pirate mmo myself, and I know why they would be troubled.

Other game developers might beable to get an extremely early closeup like this video and copy potco's ideas, but with potco's release just around the corner I'm sure there will be no issues of that nature. Also, there are some failed attempts of what I've done on youtube, just because it's quality doesn't make it more of a sin.

Anyways, they emailed me back with a lame auto message saying they appreciated my input, so that right there is unintentional permission.

Thanks POF for stickying my video thread!

Trevinator 10-25-2007 10:19 PM

Uhh....yea

thats cool dude just a few suggestions on your video. Make your voice faster and second just remember that they can fix the game.

Plo Koon 10-25-2007 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trevinator (Post 12273)
second just remember that they can fix the game.

That is the only hope I was riding on when I made this video.

hahaha! I think they actually listened to some of my advice! There is a new song for each island! More music! Glad I sent the video to them!

Owoooo 10-27-2007 11:12 AM

Nice review, dude! It made me watch it a second time :h-cool:

Plo Koon 10-27-2007 07:27 PM

hahaha awesome thanks! *rushes to stress test*

Cannon Mad Dan 11-02-2007 09:36 PM

A couple points to touch on:

The music is horrendous, yes. Good review.

The combat is pretty fun. The bombs are great, the guns are fantastic, and the cutlass rocks. I have no problems with any of them, but I don't like to use voodoo.

The skins on the gators was fixed, that was a beta issue, and you said you'd leave beta related issues out of the review.

The characters began to speak, too. Most of them, anyway. Beta issue.

If you're somewhat charismatic, you will find intelligent people to bring aboard your ship with you. Don't befriend people who you don't like, DUH!

I find the PvP fun. The goal is to be the most notorious pirate in the Caribbean. If I'm level 18 and I kill a level 5, I don't care. That bilge rat isn't as tough as me. I was in a Mayhem battle today against three level 6 characters with my level 15. It was funner than hell beating them up.

5/10 for the review, you overlooked a lot and much of your "problem" with the game was beta issue and user error.

Plo Koon 11-04-2007 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon Mad Dan (Post 12813)

The combat is pretty fun. The bombs are great, the guns are fantastic, and the cutlass rocks. I have no problems with any of them, but I don't like to use voodoo.

The skins on the gators was fixed, that was a beta issue, and you said you'd leave beta related issues out of the review.

If you're somewhat charismatic, you will find intelligent people to bring aboard your ship with you. Don't befriend people who you don't like, DUH!

I find the PvP fun. The goal is to be the most notorious pirate in the Caribbean. If I'm level 18 and I kill a level 5, I don't care. That bilge rat isn't as tough as me. I was in a Mayhem battle today against three level 6 characters with my level 15. It was funner than hell beating them up.

5/10 for the review, you overlooked a lot and much of your "problem" with the game was beta issue and user error.

Thanks for the well thought out reply, but I find that you are wrong.

Full version, not beta:
The characters only speak in the beginning of the game.
The gators still have undead skins.
sorry, but PWNED!

I can't believe the full version of this game is laggy... they still didn't fix the servers...

Captain Jhawk 02-04-2008 07:34 AM

Yes, this game is very good. But I have a few draw-backs... well, one really and no one seems to be helping me out with it.

I keep on getting this bug saying that I get disconnected from the servers. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've tried reinstalling it bunches of times, and I tried to open a port to the game from my router but that didn't work.

The update that's coming out in February, is that supposed to fix that problem or is there a patch that is coming out?

ancrom 02-21-2008 02:43 AM

I have never heard anyone speak, and as to friends there should be some way to
eject someone from your own boat and the big flaw
random people just showing up on boats
4/10 for the review of the review
you overlooked a lot and much of your "problem"
with the review was reader error

the gators still look undead to me

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannon Mad Dan (Post 12813)