Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO Tournaments, Contests and Events (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Spontaneous Fun All Week/ All Year Long (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35231)

Platinum Pirate 03-19-2012 08:08 PM

Spontaneous Fun All Week/ All Year Long

Like it says, I'm game. I wouldn't mind planning certain things like others have done and schedule it at a certain date & time. But given how we come from different time zones and have certain real life demands that must be met, it doesn't seem feasible to do it like that. Seems like the alternative way is to do it the other way around. You tell me what you would like to do instead and I'll be there. A bit of warning though, I'm very spontaneous. Things won't ever go according to plan. I have a tendency to figure it out as I go along and have tons of fun while I'm at it as others can attest who have ever been with me. ;)

So then, if you want to plunder, rep up, role-play, SvS, fulfill some quest, goof off, cannon defense, fish, or whatever pops up in-game as well as in my head, then I'm your guy. Just post what you'd like to do and when you'll be available to get the ball rolling. I'm EST, live in the Eastern Standard Time Zone. Hours run from 7:00 am to 11:30 pm. Yes, me hearties, I do need my handsome sleep. :60:

Please do not PM me about this as my inbox will get full. So will yours lol. Best to post in this very thread since others will read and may be inclined to join us. Might even add a thing or two. Guests, of course, who happen to have stumble upon our arrangement can not reply but might attend anyway which I do very much encourage. Unless you have no troubles, you are at peace with, being solo, then this may not apply to you. But, if you like to meet us, come aboard! Game is more fun when you play with friends! :pirate31: And the more who attend the merrier it is! :buds::buds:

Crimson Rose 03-19-2012 10:04 PM

I don't have anything particular to do, I just need to get my Rep level up. I'm approaching 46 and I want to get as close as I can to 50 by the end of the week. I'm open to suggestion.

Normally I'd just head for Isla Tormenta or Las Pulgas to shoot some vermine, which is becoming more and more like work. I can meet you at the end of Port Royal dock at 11:00 hours Eastern Daylight Time tomorrow on Tortos server. I'll be fishing. I can have up to three continuous hours available.

Crimson Rose

Mia Lightning 03-19-2012 10:12 PM

I am interested as well. I find it refreshing to see these kinds of posts.

Today is busy for me, so I can't log on right now. The best time for me is after 8:00pm PST.

When I get a chance I can post a good meeting up spot. :)

Platinum Pirate 03-19-2012 10:33 PM

Okay Crimson, that's doable. I'll help you out there.

lol, Mia. That's midnight for me. Rare for me to be up that late. Maybe on Friday or Saturday. We'll see. But post anyway, others might want to join your soiree around that time.

spunkycat 03-19-2012 10:44 PM

I might get some free time to try to pop on for a bit. After I finished all my quests, it took me forever to get to level 50 as I don't enjoy just hacking and slashing, but I do enjoy helping others.:pirate30:

Platinum Pirate 03-20-2012 04:59 PM

That's the spirit Spunky.

Heading to Port Royal Dock at Tortos Ocean right now ahead of time. Will be fishing there while waiting for some of you to arrive. Two others will be joining us as well to help Crimson. Looking forward to it.

Platinum Pirate 04-05-2012 12:57 AM

Ahoy, Mateys! The offer still stands just like the title of this thread states. The first one turned out better than expected. Just having four others join as a crew was success in my book. Then, it took off once we started to plunder the high seas. Friends and strangers alike teleported. We arrived at Raven's Cove and continued with a couple of PoFs, Nate and Spunky, to pay Foulberto a personal visit. The mayhem made any ghost want to head for the light. rofl

So again, hit me up. Basics and Unlimiteds are welcomed.

Captain Jason 04-18-2012 10:38 PM

Sounds like a great idea! How about a cannon defense night? I could really use that rev ram ;) and I'm sure plenty of others could too. Maybe sometime this Friday or Saturday, around 7 or 8 EST, right outside of Fort Charles.

Oh, and you might want to change your first post on the thread whenever there is going to be a new event, with time, place, etc. just to stay organized and make sure everyone is up to date.

Platinum Pirate 04-19-2012 03:12 AM

Cannon Defense...

I'm up for it. All depends how many would like to do it too so they can get the best cannon ram in the game, a rev ram, which I have yet to get one. Teams can range from two to four players. The tricky part, as always, is the time at which players are available to attend and since they come from Europe and as far away as towards Alaska and Hawaii, let's have an all day/ all night CD love affair! lol, if only I could be up for 24 hours straight!

So if any of you want to do Cannon Defense, go ahead and post which of the following times are best for your pirate and I will update on this post. Server will be a Quiet one and yet to be determined. For now, let's see who wants in and when they would like to Cannon Defense. I will do my best to attend each one if still needed.

Cannon Defense
Friday and Saturday
Quiet server - Cortola
Padres del Fuego at Ft Dundee CD
Time,

8:00 am EST (3:00 pm Athens/ 1:00 pm London/ 5:00 am Sacremento/ 2:00 am Honolulu)
1) me
2) myself
3) Irene
3) ;)

11:00 am EST (6:00 pm Athens/ 4:00 pm London/ 8:00 am Sacremento/ 5:00 am Honolulu)
1) myself
2) Dark_Pixie
3) anyone's guess...

2:00 pm EST (9:00 pm Athens/ 7:00 pm London/ 11:00 am Sacremento/ 8:00 am Honolulu)
1) myself
2) my bro
3) any friend online at the time lol [here we go!]

5:00 pm EST (12:00 am Athens/ 10:00 pm London/ 2:00 pm Sacremento/ 11:00 am Honolulu)
1) same as above rofl

8:00 pm EST (3:00 am Athens/ 1:00 am London/ 5:00 pm Sacremento/ 2:00 pm Honolulu)
1) myself
2) Captain Jason
3) party crasher #1
4) party crasher #2

Okay, don't know who might crash the party during these times on Friday and Saturday. Just show up and make sure you lower the graphics in your game settings. It's gonna take a while to reach wave 60 and beyond. So have some snacks and your favorite beverage ready. :)

Update:
Cannon Defense will be at Padres! I had two complete strangers join in and though we reached to wave 70, it did upset our rhythm. Two got the Rev Ram though, one disconnected, well another disconnected before they arrived, so make that two disconnects altogether. Unfortunately for me, lol, my comp froze at the end of the game. Had to power off in order to get out. Might happen to any of you, so if it does, just know to manually power off the comp and after 5 minutes, reboot.

Once again, CD at Padres where it is highly unlikely that any one will just join in long after our team does. I swear POTCO needs to fix that as well as a few other things I'm going to tell them about. Most players are using average comps and don't stand a chance to get a Rev Ram at wave 70 when one too many interruptions occur. Going back in to get the Rev Ram. Me wants it! rofl

Dark_Pixie 04-19-2012 04:00 PM

8 and 11 AM EST are perfect times for me. I'm on BST, and I'm dying for the rev ram too. I don't mind what day it's on, though I think tomorrow might be easiest for me because I tend to go out on the weekends.

spunkycat 04-19-2012 07:58 PM

I would like to try this. 8 PM Eastern Time most any night works best for me, though Sat. mornings I am free for a while at 8 am.

Platinum Pirate 04-20-2012 06:30 AM

Sorry I didn't answer earlier today. Been having so much fun as an Unlimited today. Really close to mastering my pirate and his nades. Almost did tonight but the lag! omg what fun it was going after Foulberto. I lost track how many times I went down as did every one else. Thx Nate for helping me get through that weird portal at El Sudoron.
http://img705.imageshack.us/img705/3...2041919490.jpg

Dark_Pixie 04-20-2012 12:54 PM

Looks like I won't be able to make the early one, but I can make the next one. Should I use my fully mastered pirate or my level 36 that I prefer slightly?

Platinum Pirate 04-20-2012 02:23 PM

Okie, I think I won't be able to continue the first one since I have to take my bro to the Dentist [grrr] and stayyyyyy there for a bit, but I'll be back for the second one.

As for which pirate, why not both? I plan to have all three of mine try to get the Rev Ram. And if any of them don't, then at least they stand a good chance of getting a variety of rams which is superior to the bronze ram. And we can always schedule another CD anytime. The whole point of the thread is do something 'spontaneous' at any time, at any place.

Captain Jason 04-21-2012 04:28 AM

Sorry, I wasn't able to make it today, but Saturday should be great! 8 PM EST will work the best, but if it's full I could go for 2 or 5 PM. See you then!