Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Booted Booty! (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Loot skulls , pouches , and chests what's the difference/ (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17605)

Pirate Guy 10-12-2010 08:32 PM

Loot skulls , pouches , and chests what's the difference/

I personally don't think there's much difference between these i've gotten 5 of 7 famed weapons from loot chests ( not including bitter end ) and I have screen shots of loot pouches chests and skulls to prove it.

and I swear I didn't take anything out of of any loot im not that kind of person.

Ancient Mariner 10-12-2010 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate Guy (Post 264286)
I personally don't think there's much difference between these i've gotten 5 of 7 famed weapons from loot chests ( not including bitter end ) and I have screen shots of loot pouches chests and skulls to prove it.

and I swear I didn't take anything out of of any loot im not that kind of person.

You won't get a famed weapon from a loot pouch but yes you can get them from the loot chests and skull chests. So that would be the difference I guess.

seafox 10-12-2010 08:57 PM

Well, for me its mainly ammo and tonics in pouches...small gold amounts...I can't ever remember getting a weapon in a pouch. I have heard that people do..... Skull loot chests have become a joke...but, I have been with friends who received el patron sword from them...and is where I received all the ones now famed...regular chests are dropping good swords and daggers now...especially since finishing el patron...

James Bladefury 10-12-2010 09:31 PM

Who said you cant? I got one from a pouch. Ironically, it was only 1 Star.

Captain Celtics 10-12-2010 10:01 PM

Not sure if this is completely accurate, but from what I have seen in my looting experience:

Pouch: Crude to Famed
Chest: Crude to Legendary
Skull: Common to Legendary

Chimera Doll 10-12-2010 10:10 PM

I always figured Skull was the best.
Congrats to those who got famed weapons from pouches.
Man I wish I had that luck!

Captain Del 10-12-2010 11:12 PM

I've gotten my second Lost Sword from a loot chest. I have a guild mate who got a Bloodfire Sabre from a pouch.

I really see no difference, just that some containers have a higher probability to hold better weapons than others, although that's usually not the case.

Roger Sharkshot 10-12-2010 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Bladefury (Post 264310)

wow amazing

seafox 10-13-2010 12:09 AM

I said I had never...not that people don't....get weapons from pouches.... and I have eight pirates... true I don't play the little ones as often ...maybe one of those will luck up soon. Molly has no room for more and has eight famed now... I am dreaming of the day we get to pay for storage...like a bank or whatever...

Ropeburn 10-13-2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seafox (Post 264352)
I said I had never...not that people don't....get weapons from pouches.... and I have eight pirates... true I don't play the little ones as often ...maybe one of those will luck up soon. Molly has no room for more and has eight famed now... I am dreaming of the day we get to pay for storage...like a bank or whatever...

Owoo i like that idea... :psmiley27:

Tyler The Tyrant 10-13-2010 12:57 AM

I've never come across a 4 or 5 Skull chest. Must be pretty rare.

I've seen plenty of 3 skulls.

pieisbetter2 10-13-2010 01:55 AM

Quote:

Same here. I didn't get a screenie though, but I got my bejeweled sabre from a loot pouch on kingshead.

ruisen2000 10-13-2010 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler The Tyrant (Post 264409)
I've never come across a 4 or 5 Skull chest. Must be pretty rare.

I've seen plenty of 3 skulls.

I domt think their out yet, someone asked that on live chat a while ago, and they said "were working on it" and something about barbossa chasing Elizabeth.

Ancient Mariner 10-13-2010 03:30 PM

I guess I stand corrected nice work matey on getting a famed weapon from a loot pouch, I didn't think it was possible and I have never gotten much of anything good from them.

In fact I started to just ignore the loot pouches and not open them since I am maxed in gold anyway and they were always terrible. I better start looking now.

WitchdoctorDan 10-14-2010 01:09 AM

Quote:

One thing to say to that... LOL!

:laughks2::laughks2::laughks2::laughks2::laughks2: :laughks2:

Anywho, yes, I have gotten some good junk from pouches. I also have NEVER gotten a famed from a boss. Just thought I'd throw that in. :P