Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO Bugs, Barnacles, & Glitches (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Wicked Thicket (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40354)

Barnacle 07-17-2013 07:13 PM

Wicked Thicket

I'm not sure how old this bug is and it didn't cause much of a problem for me, but I found it a bit interesting. Earlier today on the Kokoros server I walked down the back Port Royal beach towards Wicked Thicket and when I looked in the cave, I saw right through it, like I saw water below and other parts of Port Royal ahead. I walked in to see what would happen and my pirate just fell into the water below without the loading screen or anything. Wicked Thicket was just not there at all, you couldn't see it or walk on it. On another server it existed like normal. I dunno if I was just glitching personally or if other people are seeing it on Kokoros, and I don't know if this showed up today or if it's older than that, I didn't see any other threads about it here.

Captain Del 07-17-2013 08:10 PM

That is a very common glitch as it's been around for ages - I'm not even sure if I remember a time where it did not happen, though it's certainly more frequent now than in the past.

Rest assured it usually fixes itself once you change location. It usually only happens to one pirate at a time (you may not be able to walk in to the zone, but others can) and a simple teleport from and back to an island or a server change usually fixes it :)

Barnacle 07-17-2013 10:53 PM

Hey Del :)
Alright then, I guess I just never came across it after all this time lol Thanks though, I don't remember ever seeing til now.

CarribeanThunder 07-18-2013 01:57 AM

Indeed it HAS always existed, but never in the same way it does now.
More often than not, the tunnels when on the main land itself function. But when it comes to going into the tunnel areas, in places like the aforementioned Wicked Thicket, the tunnel will be missing from right behind you. It's not so much a problem when on the inside, as you can just teleport out to the main island, but when going FROM the main island, it's a major pain.
It's much more common nowadays than ever before.

Again, just another form in which the game is falling apart.

Platinum Pirate 07-18-2013 01:11 PM

Or it could be worse, it looks normal and everything was running fine until... you go through the portal and the loading screen is stuck. That happened to me two days ago when travelling from Beckett's into El Sudoron.

I was fortunate enough to get out using the Windows key. According to Task Manager, the program was still running fine. I switch back and it was still stuck. So I had no choice but to close that program.

I had difficulties relaunching the game. Took several tries until I got through.

CarribeanThunder 07-19-2013 02:19 AM

I run POTCO in windowed mode, so I wouldn't have a problem with shutting it down if it ever decided to, ahem, not work properly, to say the least...

Even the tunnels that take us to different parts of the POTCO world are unstable.