Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Aft (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Grrrrr (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=873)

MissMarple 05-19-2007 08:09 PM

Grrrrr

Game was loading absolutely perfectly this morning and now it crashes every time I try to choose a character to play. :( That will teach me to reboot my computer !!!
With TT Test being on a trail mode atm I guess I need to do some real life tasks...UGH :mad:

MissMarple 05-20-2007 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MissMarple (Post 7016)
Game was loading absolutely perfectly this morning and now it crashes every time I try to choose a character to play. :( That will teach me to reboot my computer !!!
With TT Test being on a trail mode atm I guess I need to do some real life tasks...UGH :mad:

Actually I have discovered that I can log on, BUT only the pirates created before the 5/11 update which I have not been playing because of the old weapons "training" bug. Now how weird is that????
Anyone want to hazard a guess at a cause keeping in mind that I was able to play those characters this morning and this only occurred this afternoon.

Ms_Moofers 05-20-2007 01:45 AM

I have no clue - can't get anything to work - couldn't this morning and can't now - with any of my characters :mad:

Minichristy 05-20-2007 02:18 AM

?

So, is this how we beta testers are bring weeded out? Maybe I am just paranoid! Why does it work for people who have Vista?

Ms_Moofers 05-20-2007 02:30 AM

hate to sound like an idiot but what the heck is Vista??

Sassybree 05-20-2007 03:18 AM

Vista is the new operating system by microsoft ( I have Windows XP)

Amasette 05-20-2007 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minichristy (Post 7043)
So, is this how we beta testers are bring weeded out? Maybe I am just paranoid! Why does it work for people who have Vista?

No, no. It's not working with Vista, either. At least not for me. Like several people said, I was playing fine this morning...but I just tried logging on about 8 times, and I get the same thing--choose a pirate, poof, bug report page. I only tried using my new pirate...let me go back and try my old one (no cutlass).

Edit: Huh! Sure enough, my old pirate's working...odd.

CaptnKidd 05-20-2007 02:37 PM

Argggg

Lost me account too :(- even risked losing it all by uninstalling the program an re-installing it - I can sign on, the program loads, then as the character selection screen is about to come on "Error message"!!!:eek: - Debug and Reprot only take me back to the sign on screen to repeat the process with the same results!!! :confused:- Messages back from staff say 'Sorry, you knew this was a beta when you volunteered...' - lots of luck, remember to buy the pay version when it comes out! Arg, what's a poor pirate to do?:cool:

Pirate Rose 05-20-2007 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptnKidd (Post 7067)
Lost me account too :(- even risked losing it all by uninstalling the program an re-installing it - I can sign on, the program loads, then as the character selection screen is about to come on "Error message"!!!:eek: - Debug and Reprot only take me back to the sign on screen to repeat the process with the same results!!! :confused:- Messages back from staff say 'Sorry, you knew this was a beta when you volunteered...' - lots of luck, remember to buy the pay version when it comes out! Arg, what's a poor pirate to do?:cool:

Are you saying we lost our beta accounts? :( I sent in a bug report, and haven't gotten a response yet.

I'm able to get on a pirate I haven't used in awhile, I cannot get onto my main pirate.

Wildbiter 05-20-2007 08:18 PM

Well, this thread explains why there are no pirates out there who are higher than level six or seven. Most are 1 or 2. Why am I not having trouble with my new main pirate? I created her before 5-11. I am kind of glad (building the gold cache would be really slow now) but, it is lonely out there. And I have not been able to board an enemy ship yesterday or today. Yes, I reported it.:)

Grandpa 05-20-2007 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildbiter (Post 7083)
Well, this thread explains why there are no pirates out there who are higher than level six or seven. Most are 1 or 2. Why am I not having trouble with my new main pirate? I created her before 5-11. I am kind of glad (building the gold cache would be really slow now) but, it is lonely out there. And I have not been able to board an enemy ship yesterday or today. Yes, I reported it.:)

My quests have been locked up for so long I've been able to do nothing BUT build my cache of gold. I've got over !5,000 gold pieces put away for a rainy day; or until the next update gobbles them up.

Ms_Moofers 05-20-2007 08:58 PM

So some of you are actually able to log in and play today? wish I was so lucky - I've sent so many bug reports they must be getting tired of me!

Magnet 05-20-2007 09:42 PM

I can't even get in the game

I error out before the launcher even completes loading after I enter my username abd password...I tried re-installing the whole thing, but to no avail.

Pirate Rose 05-22-2007 02:10 AM

Well I cannot play on my main or backup. Today I made a new pirate, got her to level 6, dc'd and now I can't play her lol

livewire82 05-22-2007 02:48 AM

Ok i'm confused now i remember reading on this site someplace all beta testers would recieve a unlimited free account for testing??? is this true or not??