Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Aft (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Grapple Hook!?!? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=782)

maxxkid 05-07-2007 01:14 PM

Grapple Hook!?!?

I cannot get it to stick on the ship, even after disabling BOTH sails. HOW DO YOU?

brammie2118 05-07-2007 02:41 PM

after a while shooting at a ship you see green circles, you have to aim at them with grapple hook.

wildtaz999 05-07-2007 03:06 PM

once u activate your grappling hook speical aim for the little green circles Like Brammie said once u are locked on they will turn r then click.. The game doesnt have a distance system yet.. so i cant tell u the range of the hook but keep firing till u get one hooked then the game will do the litlte rope swing sequence then grab a weapon and fight to the death LOL

Grandpa 05-07-2007 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wildtaz999 (Post 6317)
once u activate your grappling hook speical aim for the little green circles Like Brammie said once u are locked on they will turn r then click.. The game doesnt have a distance system yet.. so i cant tell u the range of the hook but keep firing till u get one hooked then the game will do the litlte rope swing sequence then grab a weapon and fight to the death LOL

Well I've done all that. At this very moment I have a pirate ship "hooked" with a grapple and can't board it. It used to say "Click ctrl. to board enemy ship"
Hitting ctrl. did nothing. Now it says "Must be docked to exit ship". Arrrr...

maxxkid 05-07-2007 10:08 PM

That is what i did, i took out the sail (both) and got its health down to almost gone. 5/690 or something. Nothing happened, and then i hit it with the grappling hook and it sunk.

piratesahoy 05-08-2007 12:28 AM

I think the grappling hooks only work to capture an enemy ship if there are green circles, otherwise, the hook works like a cannon and damages the ship.

Pirate Funnymush 05-08-2007 03:32 AM

Not all ships can be boarded. Only those ships you see with the green circles on them, can be boarded.

Grandpa 05-08-2007 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pirate Funnymush (Post 6360)
Not all ships can be boarded. Only those ships you see with the green circles on them, can be boarded.

I had a living, breathing pirate ship. (black flag on top) I shot it with cannon, got the green circles, hooked it with the grappling hook, and still couldn't board it.
I need a splinter off wood from the mast of a pirate ship to complete one of Doc Groggs never ending quests.

Reminds me of that one task in Toontown where you ended up going back to that one guy in the Burrgh a dozen times.

Do you need to have a crew to do this?

searage 05-08-2007 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 6368)
Do you need to have a crew to do this?

well i've boarded solo before. you pressed ESC to let go of the wheel/cannon, right?

piratesahoy 05-08-2007 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 6367)
I had a living, breathing pirate ship. (black flag on top) I shot it with cannon, got the green circles, hooked it with the grappling hook, and still couldn't board it.
I need a splinter off wood from the mast of a pirate ship to complete one of Doc Groggs never ending quests.

Reminds me of that one task in Toontown where you ended up going back to that one guy in the Burrgh a dozen times.

I'm pretty sure you don't need to board the ship to get the splinter. Just keep sinking ships. Make sure you know wihch kind of ship you need to sink, it may be a ghost/skeleton ship with the lightning above it and no crew.

searage 05-08-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratesahoy (Post 6399)
I'm pretty sure you don't need to board the ship to get the splinter.

Correct. Just sink ships normally and it will eventually complete.

Grandpa 05-08-2007 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piratesahoy (Post 6399)
I'm pretty sure you don't need to board the ship to get the splinter. Just keep sinking ships. Make sure you know wihch kind of ship you need to sink, it may be a ghost/skeleton ship with the lightning above it and no crew.

It's been my experience that the ships with lightening over them and no crew are unsinkable. There's one off Tortuga that has so many holes in it that it looks like a hunnk of swiss cheese.

searage 05-08-2007 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 6402)
It's been my experience that the ships with lightening over them and no crew are unsinkable.

Funny. I've sank everyone I've ever seen! They drop the best treasure of all!

piratesahoy 05-08-2007 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandpa (Post 6402)
It's been my experience that the ships with lightening over them and no crew are unsinkable. There's one off Tortuga that has so many holes in it that it looks like a hunnk of swiss cheese.

they are hard to shoot at because of all the holes, so aim for the back of the ship and sink it.