Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General POTCO Game Talk (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Revive POTCO (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35824)

Rannulf 08-02-2012 07:25 PM

Revive POTCO

Revive Pirates of the Caribbean Online
This is a petition to instigate change and revive Pirates of the Caribbean Online.
Revivepotco.org
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/...ementflyer.png

http://Revivepotco.org
__________________________________________________ ____________

Each player may sign up one main pirate per individual person.
You may sign up multiple pirates only if you have multiple unlimited access accounts where in that case you may sign up the main pirate of each unlimited account.
If you are a basic player and have basic accounts only, you may sign up only your main pirate from your main basic account.

__________________________________________________ ___________
For questions, take a look at the FAQ page on the petition website or ask below.

andyspins 08-02-2012 10:14 PM

Signed. I really hope this works, new content direly needed!

Tiberius Fireskull 08-02-2012 11:50 PM

Even though I'm not as active anymore, I signed it too. POTCO needs to do something to clean up their act, because right now, its hard to be optimistic about the future of this game.

Something to add would also be have a report system where players actually get in trouble. Probably not the top of priorities, and I suppose it may not fit in with the rest, but that has always bee one of the most irritating things to me; the fact that griefers get away with just about everything they do.

Let's hope this works!

Platinum Pirate 08-03-2012 12:19 AM

I find it more annoying that no one really discussed this matter to the extent it needed to be. Plenty of time and effort to do something else in the forum, but not this. It tells me that they don't care unless it was discussed in some other forum from which this originated?

In that case, I won't sign. I'll stick to the other way instead.

Cannonfury 08-03-2012 12:56 AM

This was discussed in another forum for several weeks, getting feedback...etc.

J.T. 08-03-2012 03:29 AM

I'm with Platinum on this, but for other reasons. They usually release a special code item ( in this case, Spectral Cutlass ), to go along with some special event. Sword of Triton and Haymaker Pistol came with QAR and the 4th Movie. The Zombie code and Bayonet came along the time of Friday the 13th and Muertos Moon, and the Undead enemy defeating competition. I think Spectral Cutlass shows they are working on something for us. With the Friday the 13th weekends, they've been doing a lot more events, like the last 1, a ghost GM event where a gold code was given.

Another point I'd like to bring up is this. Games in general take a LOT of work to make and operate effectively. I've seen this myself over this summer, how much it can take to put the coding together to make a game. In a class I took, near the end we worked on a game as a class. It took us about 5-6 hours ( 2 class periods ) just to make a single level of a basic 2D game (Space Invaders). We had the background set up, our character moving left and right, without going off screen, 5 missiles on screen at a time, set to disappear on contact with an enemy, or top of the screen, and the enemies set up to move one direction, go down and turn the other way upon hitting the side, disappear when hit with the missile, and end the game if one reaches the bottom of the screen. A lot of what we did we copied to different areas a lot, to make it go quicker. If it takes that long to make a simple game like that, just imagine how long and how much work it takes to make a game like this, and maintain and operate it everyday. (this goes for new content and bugs (fixes), and most any problem from the games side) You have to be patient for new content. If you look on this year so far, they've already added a major update (Ship Customization), which in itself took a large amount of work. They've held numerous GM events and other events (like the 3 Muertos Moons that were pushed out this year for Friday the 13th).

I know people are getting bored of the game and wanting new content, but you have to understand and be patient with them. I remember a few months ago seeing a new island on the map of test server for a short amount of time. People have seen images for the game showing tons of new content that is either being worked on or has been worked on. More will come in time.

Pirate Bood 08-03-2012 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum Pirate (Post 371975)
I find it more annoying that no one really discussed this matter to the extent it needed to be. Plenty of time and effort to do something else in the forum, but not this. It tells me that they don't care unless it was discussed in some other forum from which this originated?

In that case, I won't sign. I'll stick to the other way instead.

Hi JT and Platinum Pirate,
I know this was discussed on numerous forums, some people protested saying petitions don't work, others were not interested in the idea as it was reminiscent of the old body shapes petition etc. It was only when it was completed and people have seen the tone of it that each forum started to show support. And most of the naysayers have added their name now - nothing to lose, right?

Please remember that the purpose of it was not to give Disney a job list, or talk negatively about them or the game - which I think is counter productive - it was to say that we are unified in needing these areas to be reviewed in order to keep the game playable so that we can maintain our memberships. After all, we all do love POTCO.

Personally, I said I would only support it if it wasn't a barrage of negativity or a personal wishlist, as it happens, when it was finished it wasn't either of those.

It still needs your support.

Pirate Bood

Jello743 08-03-2012 12:19 PM

I love the potco players. Here's an example.

"MAHHHHH I want SHIP CUSTOMIZATION!!!"

2 weeks later.

"I HATE IT!!!! ITS SO BORING!!!"

''POTCO GIVE US NEW CONTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!."

They will never be happy. I won't support this. We have had many petitions before. They all failed? right?

Cannonfury 08-03-2012 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jello743 (Post 371986)
I love the potco players. Here's an example.

"MAHHHHH I want SHIP CUSTOMIZATION!!!"

2 weeks later.

"I HATE IT!!!! ITS SO BORING!!!"

''POTCO GIVE US NEW CONTENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!."

They will never be happy. I won't support this. We have had many petitions before. They all failed? right?

Yes, potco has a lot of complaining kids who will never be happy. However, I believe this is the 1st potoc petition.

Batleth 08-03-2012 01:50 PM

On behalf of the POF staff, we support this petition. Normally, we don't feel that they tend to do much good and mostly ignored by their target(s). But this petition is something we feel all pirates can come together on and show their support for.

POTCO has some serious bugs and hacker issues that Disney needs to address. Many of the same bugs that are ingame today are the same bugs or related ones that have been ingame for the past 4 years. Disney has finally taken steps to address the hacker issues on Toontown and been fairly effective with it too. Why can't they take these same steps on POTCO?

The lack of new content has been stagnating the game for years. They say wait while they work on the basics to help build a better future for POTCO. Well, we've waited several years with little new content. How much longer do we have to wait? The majority of the new content that has been slowly added has been fluff or just time consuming features to keep us distracted while nothing is added to the game of real substance.

It's long over due for Disney to support the game they developed. There's tons of POTC fans out there, but they're not willing to hang around on a game that isn't even supported by it's owner.

AndyJ 08-04-2012 02:43 AM

I ran on some one who mentioned this petition today in the game and thats how I founded that and the forum.

Anyway I fully support this petition because since i started playing in late 09, the game did kind of great in 2010 but then in 2011 it started bad and never really picked up. And i see above that someone pointed out content but this petition seems like its aiming for more. I dont have much of a problem with content but I will say that even that is going dowhill since in this year there only has been an extension to Ship Customization. So if its dificulty thats making content development so slow, wasnt the dificulty the same before 2011? It is the same game and if anything it should be easier since technology is only advancing. Content aside, from three options of contactig customer support, only email which is the slowest and kind of gives generated replies is available with phone and live chat being removed last year and this year. This year I have also noticed more hackers than before. I think everyone is familiar with lag in Pirates so that doesnt even need an explenation. So I do fully support this petition and I hope it does bring POTCO the attention it deserves and hopefully all aspects of the game are improved.

MacIronhawk 08-04-2012 04:22 PM

Signed.

I've been with this game since Beta and with each passing year the content comes in slower and the fanbase dwindles. The possibilities for this game and other Disney MMOs are endless, and it's time someone from the fanbase addressed these issues. Keep up the good work. 537 signatures and growing.

Rannulf 08-09-2012 08:04 AM

****Update****

The petition has now collected over 700 signatures. Once again, 'Thank You' to all of you who have signed and we look forward to see that number go a lot higher.

I do want to mention something else as well. Please do share the petition with your friends, guildies, your friend's friends, and all you know and see, in abassa, andaba and every corner of the Pirates Online world. A simple way to share it with others would be explaining the purpose of the whole petition in a few words such as 'if you want to see improvements in potco... go to revive potco dot org and sign to show your support'. You may explain it and promote the petition in-game in anyway you feel comfortable doing so.

Also, below is a review of the petition website.

'Home' Page -- This is the main page and it is the page that leads you to the actual petition sign up page by pressing 'Sign The Letter'. This is what we suggest sharing since it is the shortest link and easy to remember.
http://revivepotco.org/

'Petition Letter' -- This is the full petition letter which is directed at Disney Interactive Media Group. This is what we suggest sharing on Disney POTCO's Facebook, Twitter, and other DIMG run Pirates Online websites along with the 'Home' which shows the amount of signatures collected.
http://revivepotco.org/letter/

'FAQ' page -- Self explanatory. If you have questions regarding the petition, please read the FAQ page.
http://revivepotco.org/faq/

'Updates' page -- This page is updated by the website admins. In this page, you may leave comments regarding the updates posted.
http://revivepotco.org/updates/

All the support is appreciated.
Thank You!

andyspins 08-09-2012 01:23 PM

Wow, this is great progress! I really hope POTCO listens. I know updates take time to make, but ship customization happened last December, nearly 9 months ago!

Captain Jorden 08-10-2012 02:04 AM

I will support this petition and get back in the game once potco actually does something.. I can't play the game on my home computer unless i delete stuff...

LOTS OF STUFF!
And i can't delete sim City, Maya 7(building, animation, and stuff), Midi stuff, Music, Nintendo stuff, ideas stuff, 3D Models, Google SketchUp, and the list goes on forever, so i can't delete any of those, now until potco fixes their game, i will half to temporary delete it unless its a request from youtube... I support this petition!

Let's hope for the best that what ever potco does, potco may get or loss!