Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO Mobile: Cannons Of The Deep (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=159)
-   -   Mobile game reconizes wii as a phone? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10692)

swashbuckler II 03-08-2009 06:31 AM

Mobile game reconizes wii as a phone?

Ok i went on the POTCO website earlier on my wii, I noticed it said mobile game on it so I went to it, then after I put my acc info in it, I find myself playing the mobile game on my wii. lol

akamystic 03-08-2009 12:59 PM

I'm not real familiar with the Wii....but for some reason it's reading the site as WML (Wireless Markup Language) just as a mobile phone would interpret it. Does the Wii have browser options you can change? Are you running The Internet Channel (Opera 9)?

:bookishfj7:

Erich Uchiha 03-08-2009 03:50 PM

Wow! I have online on my Wii I have to check that out later

edwardburnskull 03-08-2009 10:03 PM

whats the url i happen to be on my wii now and would like to play that.

akamystic 03-08-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardburnskull (Post 120960)
whats the url i happen to be on my wii now and would like to play that.

piratesonline.com

In a standard HTML browser it comes up to the POTC Online site...in WML mode it comes up as Cannons of the Deep......

edwardburnskull 03-08-2009 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by akamystic (Post 120962)
piratesonline.com

In a standard HTML browser it comes up to the POTC Online site...in WML mode it comes up as Cannons of the Deep......

whats WML? it just tells me I need a new flash update. which i cant get.

akamystic 03-08-2009 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwardburnskull (Post 120965)
whats WML? it just tells me I need a new flash update. which i cant get.

Wireless Markup Language - this is what most mobile phones have as a browser interface. You can install a WML add-on (I use it in Firefox 3.07 for PC) and switch back and forth from HTML to WML.

:bookishfj7:

Will Rigsskull 03-09-2009 08:39 PM

I got it working in Firefox but how do you get it to log you in your account so you and transfer you loot to you pirates?

Will

akamystic 03-09-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Rigsskull (Post 121154)
I got it working in Firefox but how do you get it to log you in your account so you and transfer you loot to you pirates?

Will

Click on my pirates on the main menu and then select transfer gold or transfer loot.

:piratewheelgo2:

Will Rigsskull 03-09-2009 11:26 PM

Yes I know that but it doesn't give me the login screen. And doesn't show any of my pirates.

Like it does on the cell phone..

Maybe its the WML plugin I am using which one is working for you?

Will

akamystic 03-09-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Rigsskull (Post 121205)
Yes I know that but it doesn't give me the login screen. And doesn't show any of my pirates.

Like it does on the cell phone..

Maybe its the WML plugin I am using which one is working for you?

Will

WML browser for Firefox 0.7.18

Will Rigsskull 03-10-2009 12:28 AM

Same as me do you have any checks marked in the options?

For some reason I can't get it to login me in.. Just let me play without login in. And can't figure why it don't give me the login screen.

Any ideas?

akamystic 03-10-2009 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will Rigsskull (Post 121226)
Same as me do you have any checks marked in the options?

For some reason I can't get it to login me in.. Just let me play without login in. And can't figure why it don't give me the login screen.

Any ideas?

Yes.....both options are checked

Will Rigsskull 03-10-2009 01:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a screen Shot of my pirate screen and the url but I took off the UserID. I got it to login but doesn't show my pirates.. I wonder why?? It seems to know my account from when I play on my cell phone but doesn't show my pirates.

Thanks, Will :psmiley35:

Attachment 1475

akamystic 03-10-2009 02:05 PM

You're on the correct screen, but for some reason missing 4 or 5 options. Try clearing out your browser cache (cookies, temp files and all) and then revisit the page. Are you running the most updated version of Firefox (3.0.7) ?

:SkullBullet1: