Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Old Tips, Tactics, and Guides (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   tips to obtain the el patron lost sword/famed weapons (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16563)

kylexyz 07-28-2010 12:44 AM

tips to obtain the el patron lost sword/famed weapons

please i not only do this for myself but for the people who spend hours of this and can't even obtain a single famed with your genuine advance is greatly appreciated

haossonic 08-14-2010 08:48 PM

exactly what im thinking, i think that maybe crew bonuses and weak weapons might help, and i would try places like tormenta, padres, cangrejos, etc. i dont know this for sure, but i got a master work broadsword at isla cangrejos. . . .

you might want to try using i triple barrel pistol or dual barrel. use venom shot and dont " take aim ". it MIGHT help.:12_1_138: oh, and sailing helps, my friend, silver moon, she got el patron from a navy centurion, crazy huh? :psmiley27:

Chimera Doll 08-15-2010 06:53 PM

I agree that weak weapons and crew bonuses help. I got all of my famed weapons at Dark Hart. (I have about five)

Really it's all about luck. I really want Legendary weapons but I guess I'm just not lucky yet!

Tiberius Fireskull 08-15-2010 08:07 PM

Trust me guys, its pure luck, unfortunately, but I have been able to figure this out.
NOTE: The numbers Im using are made up, Im just using them as examples.

Lets say we have a level 40 player. If he attacks another level forty enemy like a Seabeard, his chance of getting the Lost Sword of El Patron is 1 in 500 (just using the lost sword as an example, and again, just random numbers). Now, if he goes and attacks a level fifty Thrall Captain, his chance of getting the lost sword increases to 1 in 300 because the enemy is a higher level. Now lets say it was just a lv 45 Seabeard. The probability is still higher than it would be with an enemy his level, but less than the thrall captain's. Now the probability is 1 in 450.

Now lets say he attacks an enemy thats a lower level than him, an Undead Raider Lv 30! Now his chances of getting the lost sword decrease, and now it is 1 in 600. Bosses probably count for something so you guys know, just havent been able to figure out how significant it is...

If you think about it, this is why it is harder for level 50s to get good loot, because they dont have enemies that are a higher level than them!

Hopefully you guys understood what I said lol, its kinda complex....
To put it simple, enemies that are a higher level than you will give you better loot.

Captain Del 08-15-2010 09:05 PM

Yes, in order to get a famed weapon, you need to use Crude weapons, have a full crew with at least 5 lvl 1 basics, wear completely red, and then, and oonly then, may you kill Darkhart every hour EXACTLY on the hour to get one.

Seriously, don't bother with any rumors like that. All you need to get a Famed Weapon, or even a Legendary Weapon, is Luck and Determination.

However, if you use the prefered method of using a boss (Darkhart/Neban/Dartan/etc.) killing them fast is a good thing. Fast kills = more loot in less time.

titanic95594 08-15-2010 10:13 PM

I have been using grenades alot and I got El Pats sword and a few famed weapons from Timothy Dartan and Darkhart. Good luck!

Captain Charles 08-16-2010 12:41 AM

lol I have no lost relics but I do have the El Patron lost sword. It took me 30 minutes to 1 hour to get it on the day that it came out. 1 of my friends found 2 lost swords lol! Hopefully you can find 1. But, I don't think that you can find them as easy as before. I haven't heard from anyone who has got it since after a month of those updates were out.

Edit: I found my lost sword at Darkheat. I have heard from people who had got them in Tormenta but I have never seen anyone who has accualy goten it in a loot drop from there. If anything in Tormenta it would be located by the Thrall Captains and other enemies. I found a guy who had 24 notoriety and had the sword. I wonder how he got it.

Rannulf 08-16-2010 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Charles (Post 243779)
I have heard from people who had got them in Tormenta but I have never seen anyone who has accualy goten it in a loot drop from there. If anything in Tormenta it would be located by the Thrall Captains and other enemies. I found a guy who had 24 notoriety and had the sword. I wonder how he got it.

Well Now you can say ye saw one looted on Tormenta.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...8_01-36-47.jpg
I used a Great Broadsword to kill the molusk to get it.

While leveling my staff I have found 5 famed items in the gold room from molusks and seabeards.

The only famed items I have gotten from Darkheart is the War scattergun and Golden Charm.

Neban dropped a Bloodfire Broadsword for me a few days ago. The rest of the famed items I have found have come from random skeletons in the catacombs, and El Sudoron.

titanic95594 08-16-2010 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rannulf (Post 243786)
Well Now you can say ye saw one looted on Tormenta.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...8_01-36-47.jpg
I used a Great Broadsword to kill the molusk to get it.

While leveling my staff I have found 5 famed items in the gold room from molusks and seabeards.

The only famed items I have gotten from Darkheart is the War scattergun and Golden Charm.

Neban dropped a Bloodfire Broadsword for me a few days ago. The rest of the famed items I have found have come from random skeletons in the catacombs, and El Sudoron.

I only go to Tormenta for the rep now they wont drop any famed weapons for me only darkhart will. I wish I could go in becketts quarry and el sudoron but these disconnection issues have been invading me.

Roger Sharkshot 08-16-2010 04:35 AM

i have a proven method its not rumors or anything i have tried it and it work its about the number of ppl and the enemy i have done dark hart alone with another person 3 ppl 4 ppl 5 ppl and 6 ppl the best number for getting good weapons is 5 to six ppl it actually works cause when u attack alone for some enemies it gives u zero to a pouch 2 ppl pouch to chest 3 ppl chest or skull 4 ppl chest or skull five skull but not always but those are the best possible loot drops the enemy might not give anything or it might give u a pouch but that is the best way to get a skull with five ppl once i got a skull ,pouch ,skull ,pouch ,skull it is also about luck but it is good if u attack dark hart with 5 ppl total ive tried it it works and too many is terrible so never go to abbassa to attack him if u care about loot and not sure about this but it sometimes makes a difference if u dont repeat weapons so try not too. try it and dont judge with out trying it its not mumbo jumbo its facts ive gathered over time which i recently finaliced
*might not work all the time and for all enemys but it the best we have

The Skirata Clan 08-16-2010 06:13 AM

These methods cannot be proven correctly. How many kills you got to get that skull, pouch, skull, pouch, skull? How many kills and what kind of awards you got with the different number of crew? Did you got the same amount of kills with the different number of people in crew?

The drops don't come because of different combinations of facts. They don't come by just attacking and killing a certain enemy a certain amount of times. There is no way to say 1 in every 100 get a loot. They just do. Its all about luck. Just play the game with the best weapon you have and if you get lucky the Congrats, if not, well just enjoy the game.

Dog Firestack 08-16-2010 12:16 PM

Luck you can't change.

Determination you must keep going....

isnear 08-16-2010 12:55 PM

No doubt Disney has their equations on how best to get these things.

I, like many others it appears, got the lost sword before Disney changed their equations, within the first hour of play after it was released on the main servers.

I have thrown away duplicate and not useful famed weapons in order to open slots... I have thrown away no less than half a dozen famed weapons, but, in hopes that Disney will come around and allow people to trade, I've kept my three Patrons. Knowing the powerful broadswords are by far the better weapon than the Patron, and I have yet to get the top level broadswords, I will trade for that first.

Okay... back to getting drops. YES, of course Disney has their equations, and of course probability is involved. I for one appreciate any input anyone can give me to optimize my chances, so I find this thread very helpful. And no, I am no help at all, because I'm not getting any good drops lately, which means, I am not savvy to the latest Disney equations.

Not only does Disney change the chances of getting something, they change what that something does, so by the time you get that prized item, it may be impotent to your purpose. I noticed that I finally got my dream item on TEST (rumrunner's scroll) only to find the advantages of the more powerful sea scrolls were greatly lessened.

So... bottom line... please post your experiences... it's the best hope we have of passing on the present equation experiences of us players to one another. In that regard, I am a failure at present.

Captain Celtics 08-16-2010 01:21 PM

Well being in a crew helps. If you have 6 people in that crew and a skull drops, then there are 6 chances for a Relic to be found, as compared to one if you are alone. Granted those other five chances will not benefit you, but Relics do drop more often when you are in a large crew simply because of that.

Tiberius Fireskull 08-16-2010 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Celtics (Post 243940)
Well being in a crew helps. If you have 6 people in that crew and a skull drops, then there are 6 chances for a Relic to be found, as compared to one if you are alone. Granted those other five chances will not benefit you, but Relics do drop more often when you are in a large crew simply because of that.

Also if you are in a crew, you go through the enemy's loot faster. Say a famed weapon drops every 50 kills. Then you can kill those 50 enemies faster with a crew, making famed weapons drop more frequently.