Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Aft (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   "Safe" places to hide? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=849)

Bellatrix 05-16-2007 03:24 PM

"Safe" places to hide?

Yesterday, since I don't have a lot of RAM to play
POTCOnline, I was surprised to find out I actually
got into Tortuga. My character was physically there,
but not mentally there, since my screen froze up.
All of the sudden, there was this Cadet. He screamed
"Halt!" like three times. The next thing I know, he
was totally attacking me, even though I still have
no weapons (Still on the first task.) AND I could not
move, since the computer was still freezing.

Do you know any "safe" places to hide? I am too
small to get attacked again, and I would very much
love to at least get a cutlass before I go to prison again.

Warioguy 05-16-2007 04:49 PM

Well, most buildings are safe (like the pub in Port Royal), and there are some parts of towns that are also safe (like the west side of Port Royal).

-War

Jade Heartbreaker 05-16-2007 05:26 PM

the very first task is see will turner he gives you a sword and training looks like you missed something

wildtaz999 05-16-2007 05:49 PM

yeah you shouldnt be in tortuga at all yet.. get back to port royal and head for the shop across from the main dock

Amasette 05-17-2007 02:16 AM

Apart from inside buildings, I'm not sure there are necessarily "safe" places. Perhaps on Port Royal and Tortuga inside the town areas? I have the same problem...you freeze, and all of a sudden a level 1 crab is killing you... I've tried running to the end of the dock on Tortuga to escape this when I've been lagging terribly, but the darned crab just followed me! Also, same island, I was trying to buy a ship from the guy...I got to naming it when a crab (again with the crabs. hmph. shellfish.) started attacking me. By the time I got my pistol out, I was sent to jail. Sigh. At least you know you're not alone!

Bellatrix 05-17-2007 02:23 AM

He he, those crabs got me too. When I just started,
I looked at the compass with the dots all over it. Since
there was one red dot and a lot of green dots, I thought
the red dot was where I was supposed to go. So I
went to the dot, and there was a level three crab.
It was not pretty. >_<

But it is sad though, inside of prison, I don't freeze.
But as soon as I am in a city, I don't stop freezing!
I guess I belong in prison, he he.

Buildings are a good idea, but I would not put it past
me that some person who is stronger than me may
attack me there. Can they do that, or is there no
fighting in buildings?

Warioguy 05-17-2007 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crimsonDOOM (Post 6839)
He he, those crabs got me too. When I just started,
I looked at the compass with the dots all over it. Since
there was one red dot and a lot of green dots, I thought
the red dot was where I was supposed to go. So I
went to the dot, and there was a level three crab.
It was not pretty. >_<

But it is sad though, inside of prison, I don't freeze.
But as soon as I am in a city, I don't stop freezing!
I guess I belong in prison, he he.

Building are a good idea, but I would not put it past
me that some person who is stronger than me may
attack me there. Can they do that, or is there no
fighting in buildings?

It's probably because there's usually nobody in prison, and as a result, waaay less lag. You get two people on the screen with you and the game won't stop freezing...not exactly Massively Multiplayer when it can't support three people on one map.

There's a lot less lag in buildings too, because again: less people, less lag. As for being attacked in buildings, I would assume it can happen, although maybe if you do something like, say, play Poker in the pub, you probably won't be attacked. Probably some kind of restriction against that.

-War

maxxkid 05-17-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warioguy (Post 6842)
It's probably because there's usually nobody in prison, and as a result, waaay less lag. You get two people on the screen with you and the game won't stop freezing...not exactly Massively Multiplayer when it can't support three people on one map.

There's a lot less lag in buildings too, because again: less people, less lag. As for being attacked in buildings, I would assume it can happen, although maybe if you do something like, say, play Poker in the pub, you probably won't be attacked. Probably some kind of restriction against that.

-War

That and the game doesn't have to process so much information. If you even look at the sea, your game will dramatically slow down because you have to add animations, collision detections, all that jazz. In jail, It just has to load a few solid objects and their graphics. Pretty simple if you ask me.

Pirate Funnymush 05-17-2007 01:43 PM

There is nothing (no person or creature) in buildings to attack you.

There is a bug on Tortuga, that the crabs can walk thru the half boat sticking out of the sand. So when you talking to the boat guy, the crab walks straight thru the building and attack you.

But just go where there are no red dots close by on your map. Tortuga has a lot more enemies around that if you stand idly around, you can get attacked easily.

Warioguy 05-17-2007 10:32 PM

Maybe if I could just log in, I could enjoy Poker in the pub. That doesn't lag at all, from what I recall.

-War