Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Old Tips, Tactics, and Guides (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   A guide to finding Famed Weapons... (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16866)

Dog Firestack 08-18-2010 03:54 PM

A guide to finding Famed Weapons...

Just thought I'd make a little guide to help everybody in their hunt for the relics. I have twenty something relics, many trashed and have found many by randomness, or camping out at DH. There are many ways and I'd thought I'd share some...

Note: Relic and Famed weapons are the same thing. Relic was the old version until Disney changed it.

Introduction
Relic Hunting Guide On Land
Relic Variety Between Enemies
Cannon Defense
Sailing
A Few Tips...

Clicking on the name of what you wish to see will bring you to that specific category.

Introduction

Some of the most powerful weapons are famed weapons, each famed weapon is different in variety but has a chain of lower ranked weapons following it. Famed/Lost Relics are usually found in a Loot Skull Chest, but are also rarely found in there as well, most of the time you will find a common weapon, but if you are lucky, you will have found a blue name in the loot, or if you are extremely lucky, you will find a red name, the one and only Lost Sword of El Patron. Each sword, pistol or any other famed weapon have their own abilities that will help you out in the Caribbean. Each is powerful but very rare to come upon. There are more than your inventory can hold so choose wisely on which you will take. Good luck on your hunt.

Relic Hunting Guide On Land

Many people like to camp out at bosses all day and night. The best way to actually find loot, is to defeat either a boss as soon as possible using the strongest weapons you have. It is usually known that the higher the enemy, the better loot that is drawn in. More Skull Chests will mean more chances in relics, the more chances will mean more relics if you are lucky enough. If you are at Darkhart, and you'd like to find relics, usually head to an ideal server, or even Abassa. ( Note: On Abassa be quick, there will usually be many "Abassians" using a Blunderbuss causing anywhere from 300 damage to 10,000+.)

Note that this is a formula that usually means more Skull Chests.

The quicker the kills = more enemies defeated = more loot drops = more chances of skull chests = more chances of relics.

The more chances of getting a skull chest the better your chances will rise.

Also any rumors you hear about using lead shot, having a crew is ABSOLUTELY false. Do NOT believe them. There is no such thing as using a rusty cutlass, or killing enemies exactly on the minute. This system is built basically on luck. And only luck. Low level enemies tend to give bad loot, but will still give some rare loot. For example....

If you are fighting a Lvl. 1 Gravedigger you will most likely not get loot, and then you get a loot pouch. If you're lucky you will get a sword that requires level 15 sword.

Then you fight a Lvl. 28 Undead Raider, and you get a loot chest, and then you get the exact same sword.

This system is based out of randomness and luck.

Of course certain enemies tend to give a different chain of weapons than others will. For more info click here.

Back to the hunting of relics, others like to actually head to Tormenta, because certain relics like the Black Shark Blade, or the Tiger Shark blade are held there, along with higher level enemies found nowhere else in the Caribbean like Thrall Captains and Urchinfists.

The best way I find is to actually get as many enemies as possible, and lure them into one line, then take out a group hitting weapon, ( Blunderbuss, Broadsword, Staff, whichever you want) and then defeat them all.

For example, you are at the center of Tormenta, with Flotsams and Spineskulls. What you do is you throw a dagger at each one, and cut the remaining ones and then take out a blunderbuss at the line of enemies following. You fire and defeat all of them, if you're lucky a Loot Skull Chest will drop, sometimes it won't.

Other good places to farm for loot in tormenta is the bridge of Brinescum and Kelpbrains, the famed "Treasure Room" located with four Molusks/Seabeards, plus another three off to the side that you can attack while waiting for the other enemies to respawn back. Same concept, with blunderbuss, lure them or with Broadswords, if you wish to staff them then use a flaming skull on them, which tends to work best.

Another place that people like to loot is Outcast Isle. Please note that with the recent updates, earthquake now knocks you down, so be prepared for that, you will not be able to attack until you get up, a sure footed weapon counteracts this effect and will let you stand up.

I tend to farm the part of the island with Devil Root, get the attention of stumps and stand next to Maggie in case you need healing. Then finish them off using a broadsword or any other weapon you wish.

Stumps tend to not give loot, along wth Devil Root who barely gives any loot whatsoever.

Please note that here are many many other places to look for loot, and that these are just examples to help. Just remember that the more kills you can get in the shortest amount of time, the more loot that drops and the more chances of loot skull chests.

Relic Variety Between Enemies

Skeletons- Skeletons tend to drop mixed loot, and will not drop any foul bane blunderbusses, or a shadow stalker weapon, but will drop full moon weapons, but will NOT, drop any Tiger Shark Blades, and Black Shark blades, those are found only a tormenta.

Navy/EITC- These will drop the Foul Bane weapons, along with the shadow stalker pistols, repeaters, etc giving infinite silver. These are also supposed to give a few different dolls as well, like the Doll of Sacred Rituals which has only come off Neban The Silent and other EITC/Navy, the Assassin Boss, Neban the Silent, will gave many doll drops, that are unobtainable from any other class of enemies.

Animals/Tormenta- These are also a mix, but Tormenta isthe only place to drop the relic versions of the Shark Blade(Tiger Shark Blade, Black Shark Blade), and also to drop relic versions of the sure footed weapons like the Gorilla Repeater, and many others. They will also drop other famed weapons, like an Assassin's Cutlass, which is found almost anywhere, High Level enemies tend to drop more loot then the lower level enemies, and more skull chests will result in more relics.

Cannon Defense

Cannon Defense is a minigame added to PoTCO. There are certain rams which are only obtainable during Cannon Defense. Like the Wool Cannon Ram and the Makeshift cannon ram, along with others.

Cannon Defense is a game where you defend the treasure from bandits trying to obtain the treasure, you are working for the Navy, and will have to go through waves. The higher you go, the more rams you get, and the higher chances of getting a relic ram, usually starting in the 20's you'll start getting relic rams, some will be useful and some will not.

Some of the abilities are like extra range for explosives, or extra range for a chain shot. Some will also give unlimited ammo, and others will give critical shots. Try to do a game with 3 or 4 skilled people, as this is usually good to get extremely high in the ranks. If you do start to struggle remember that Powder Keg ammo is very useful, just shoot it into the water and then shoot it with a round shot and it will explode.

Remember, shoot, barrage and also rapid reload effect cannon defense, as well as Cannoneer Draft I, II, and III.

Sailing

Sailing also has some weapons from land, but also has a different variety of land weapons. For example the Captain's Resolve class will only be obtainable from sailing, and finding a loot skull chest on sea is much more challenging on land. Loot Skull Chests tend to be with the higher level ships.

Higher level ships are basically war ships like, EITC Warlords, Ogres, Behemoths, Juggernauts, Barracuda, Corsairs and the EITC Fleet ships, which only come during specific times and are launched a warning.

The Navy are, Kingfisher, Monarch, Colossus, Man-O-War, Predator, Dreadnoughts and and the Navy Fleet ships as well.

Skeletons are the French and Spanish Flags, along with other ships like the Revenant, Storm Reapers, Black Harbingers, Death Omens and the Phantoms.

Most loot comes from there, and note with Flagships, the loot comes when they are crippled, right when it says shoot grappling hooks to bring the ship closer...

A few tips...

1. Fight enemies in your range! Don't attempt to attack higher enemy levels without help.

2. Endurance boosts are supposed to help increase attack, as well as health.

3. Don't fret if you don't get any one day, sometimes that's just a bad day.

4. Sometimes you're lucky, but other days you're not, if you get angry stop playing for a little and relax by doing something else.

5. When you are looking for weapons, don't have your inventory full, that will take time and will make you lose the loot if you don't do this before hand.

6. Keep your inventory organized, this will help better.

7. Duplicates are useless, but keep them if you will.

8. Sooner or later you might have your inventory full of relics, try to find out which you don't need and then sell/trash the,

9. Switch servers if there's no good loot dropping, or switch areas.

10. Have dedication, if you don't find it keep going. This is how you can find relics.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________________

That's it, hope this helps. Any Suggestions please post, and I wish you good luck on your hunt for the famed weapons!

Jibby 08-18-2010 04:02 PM

Wow, this guide helps. My only famed is a sacred cutlass, although cleanse is really useful, but I'm gonna just pound tormenta and darkhart until I get one.
Oh, my famed was found on outcast fighting a stump.

CaptainMonkeys 08-18-2010 04:07 PM

Good guide! I knew most of this stuff, except the whole Captain's Resolve on sea part. I got my Assassin's Cutlass from Darkhart... but I got my Seven Seas from Timothy Dartan!

~CM

Rannulf 08-18-2010 05:28 PM

Rumor has it Neban plays with dolls and likes to drop them.

Catherine Ironcutter 08-18-2010 07:12 PM

^
LOL!

Anyways, I picked up TWO rare dollies from the pack of Vets in the Kingshead training field. Plus a Holy Pistol and a couple other random items, including a rare shirt. Twice. I was just going there for gold and to train staff, and BAM I have two rare dolls and a nice shirt. Strangely enough, they were all in loot pouches, except for the shirt, which happened to be in a Skull Chest. What's up with that?

And awesome guide, I might try this. I recently picked up my 3rd famed weapon from Darkheart, my first came from him as well. I also picked up another famed from something on the bridge at Tormenta, can't remember what it was, since I was randomly firing about to get a ton of loot.

Dog Firestack 08-18-2010 08:09 PM

Like I said, it's all random, I got a Foul Bane Blunderbuss from a veteran while doing that......

CarribeanThunder 08-18-2010 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Firestack (Post 244653)
Animals/Tormenta- ...Tormenta is rumored to only drop the relic versions of the Shark Blade...

Think back to how I got 3 ( Rare ) Shark Blades from Tormenta...
...Just thought I'd remind you :D

MacIronhawk 08-18-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dog Firestack (Post 244653)
Skeletons- Skeletons tend to drop mixed loot, and will not drop any foul bane blunderbusses in my experience, or a shadow stalker weapon, but is reported to drop the Famed Fullmoon weapons class, a powerful class. They are also known not to drop any Black Shark Blades, nor any Tiger Shark Blades from what I've heard. Most tend to not drop any famed versions of sure footed weapons as well.

Yes, but this is what you heard, and you can't base facts for finding Famed weapons off of rumors, and your own experience.

You need to KNOW that they don't drop those. From my experience, all of my Famed weapons have come from Darkhart, and I've never found any other Famed weapons from other enemies. My experiences doesn't make it a fact, and my opinion is what dribes me to Darkhart, because I've found 11 Famed weapons from him, and none from other enemies, after hours on Tormenta and other places.

Tiberius Fireskull 08-18-2010 10:17 PM

Great guide Dog! This should help a lot of players without any famed luck

Quote:

Animals/Tormenta- These are also a mix, but Tormenta is rumored to only drop the relic versions of the Shark Blade, and also to drop relic versions of the sure footed weapons like the Gorilla Repeater, and many others. They will also drop other famed weapons, like an Assassin's Cutlass, which is found almost anywhere.
Animals hardly drop loot at all; however Tormentan enemies drop more than just the ones you mentioned. I got my Corsair's Bayonet from a thrall and my Bejeweled Cutlass from a Molusk.

Otherwise great guide!

Captain Celtics 08-19-2010 12:34 PM

I think he just worded that badly. Pretty sure he meant to say that the relic Shark Blades are only dropped at Tormenta.

James Bladefury 08-19-2010 03:35 PM

It works!! I was looting like crazy on my third pirate yesterday following these tips.. and I looted a famed bush master pistol off of Darkhart. Thanks Dog!

Dog Firestack 08-19-2010 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Bladefury (Post 244933)
It works!! I was looting like crazy on my third pirate yesterday following these tips.. and I looted a famed bush master pistol off of Darkhart. Thanks Dog!

No problem mate, that's why I made this guide, can't stand it when people can't even find a relic...

Captain Celtics 08-19-2010 04:01 PM

You didn't put it in your guide... so I figured that I would post it.

5 Easy Steps to Plunder a Relic:

1. Have Dog teleport to you
2. Allow Dog to get annoyed with the loot
3. Dog will then teleport away
4. Loot Skull will drop with a Relic in it
5. Dog gets mad

I am a genius.

Dog Firestack 08-19-2010 04:05 PM

You are now annoying me...

muffin pirate 08-19-2010 04:10 PM

Haha xD Too funny CC....