Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   General POTCO Game Talk (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The final farewell (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40386)

Capt C Ray 08-21-2013 02:28 AM

The final farewell

talk has already started across the Caribbean to have one last show of force on that faithful day.

What be your idea.....all gather on a beach.....hold a massive blockade.

If Disney is going to let all the water out of our Caribbean, lets make sure we go down with it.

What say you all?

Cannonfury 08-21-2013 02:51 AM

I wont be home when it shuts down, since it will be morning.

Platinum Pirate 08-21-2013 03:31 AM

lol I expect a 'Network Issue Beyond Their Control' to occur on that fateful day. Like they care to fix it then. Game is glitching bad right now. What a way to kick it off huh?

Captain Del 08-21-2013 12:13 PM

I am all-for a final get-together in the Caribbean, but the "day-of" aspect of it makes it much more difficult to bring together. The game will most likely go down during the afternoon, if not the early morning, and considering it is a work day/school day, I think it would be better to perhaps hold it the night before.

Nevertheless I am completely for this. Instead of all taking our separate ways when the end comes, we need to come together as a community one more time. The closure of the game shows that in the end it doesn't matter what guild you're from or who you've played with throughout the years - we're all pirates, from the same community, and if we go down, we go down together.

richfireskull 08-21-2013 01:23 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ What Del said!

Sad to see it go but.. lets show em what were made of :)

Eliza Creststeel 08-21-2013 01:50 PM

One last sail

That fateful night, I'm more than happy to meet with fellow pirates for one last mug of rum, a jig on the sand and a hearty goodbye Amazonian hug.

But, my last minutes will be aboard me beloved Crimson Widow which I've owned since I could first afford a War Frigate. I will feel her oak decks beneath my bare soles one last time, the salty breeze in my hair again as we head for that last horizon.

The ship will be open to anyone who wishes to step aboard for one final run until they pull the plug.

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: You think she'll hold together?
Zoë: She's torn up plenty, but she'll fly true.
Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Could be bumpy.
Zoë: Always is.

Capt C Ray 08-21-2013 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Del (Post 380115)
I am all-for a final get-together in the Caribbean, but the "day-of" aspect of it makes it much more difficult to bring together. The game will most likely go down during the afternoon, if not the early morning, and considering it is a work day/school day, I think it would be better to perhaps hold it the night before.

Nevertheless I am completely for this. Instead of all taking our separate ways when the end comes, we need to come together as a community one more time. The closure of the game shows that in the end it doesn't matter what guild you're from or who you've played with throughout the years - we're all pirates, from the same community, and if we go down, we go down together.

Captain Del,
Point well made. May I suggest we hold this event the weekend before during the afternoon. In this way, pirates living across both ponds will have a chance to join us.

Cannonfury 08-21-2013 02:53 PM

i have an event on the 13th, posted it

andyspins 08-21-2013 03:15 PM

I'll be there for some sort of event. Also, I'll be migrating to PotBS, anyone wanna come with me and continue our great community?

ahoymate 08-21-2013 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyspins (Post 380128)
I'll be there for some sort of event. Also, I'll be migrating to PotBS, anyone wanna come with me and continue our great community?

What's that?

andyspins 08-21-2013 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahoymate (Post 380130)
What's that?

Pirates of the Burning Seas. Google it, more realistic than POTCO, but not quite as fun. The friends are what count though.

ahoymate 08-21-2013 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyspins (Post 380132)

Pirates of the Burning Seas. Google it, more realistic than POTCO, but not quite as fun. The friends are what count though.

:( nothing will compare to potco. I think it's the Disney aspect that I love the most.

Capt C Ray 08-21-2013 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonfury (Post 380125)
i have an event on the 13th, posted it

Cannonfury,

That's great. But we are thinking more along the lines of doing in the afternoon so that our mates across the 2 ponds can join us.

Captain Del 08-21-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Capt C Ray (Post 380123)
Captain Del,
Point well made. May I suggest we hold this event the weekend before during the afternoon. In this way, pirates living across both ponds will have a chance to join us.

Excellent idea. We have plenty of mates across the pond so it wouldn't be fair to exclude them from this Caribbean-wide experience.

Tiberius Fireskull 08-22-2013 03:57 AM

I would be for this, and wouldn't miss it for anything. As soon as a finalized date and time is posted, I will make sure that I can get to it, no matter what.

As a time suggestion, perhaps around 1:00pm PST the Saturday before the closing? That way it should be a reasonable hour for most people. Unless the time has already been decided.

Either way, see you all there! Let's make this last event count!