Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO Tournaments, Contests and Events (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Ever experienced an unscheduled GM event? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30388)

Dark_Pixie 10-26-2011 12:40 PM

Ever experienced an unscheduled GM event?

Just curious. Yesterday I was remembering things that happened in POTCO a while ago, and I suddenly remembered these three unscheduled GM events that happened months ago.

The first unscheduled event (it was also my first GM sighting) I experienced was in mid 2010, when I happened to be in Abassa Tortuga (don't give me that look) looking for a boat, when suddenly I saw Edward Kidd run across the middle of the beach, towards Misty Mire. There were shouts in capitals saying 'GM' or 'EDWARD KIDD'. Everyone started chasing Edward into Misty Mire, and he started asking questions about how the game was, and what we'd like changed. I twigged that he was there to gather feedback, so I gave him some of my suggestions. I even got a compliment from him (I had a screenshot but I can't find it), which said 'Deadly Nightshade - fantastic name for a pirate!'. It was a very nice little event.

My second one was in Andaba Tortuga. It was like overflow Abassa Tortuga that day, but I was there talking with some friends who seemed to like the chaos. I was just about to leave when Edward Kidd appeared again, much to the shock of the Andaba-goers. He stood in the middle of the beach, and said hello. A group of guys came over and said they were EITC, and Edward Kidd started this EITC/pirate battle. The 'EITC' came over and started attacking Edward, and he knocked them all out. :P My guildie, Thunder, was there, and he started attacking Edward for a laugh. He got knocked out too! I did rescue him, though. Edward disappeared soon after the fight.

My third and final one was just after Raven's Cove came out. I was on Abassa, attempting to battle Rage Ghosts with the crowds that gathered there daily. We were doing quite poorly, and were mostly hiding when we saw in the chatlog, 'Loretta Jenkins cries.'. We started getting excited, and saw Loretta's blue glow floating around. We followed her, and we kept briefly seeing her in her true form. We followed her over to the sunken ship near the elevator, and she stood there and told us about her husband's death on the ship. Then a Rage Ghost appeared nearby, and she disappeared. We tried to find her, but she was gone.

Have you ever found yourself in an unscheduled GM event? I must say they're rather intriguing, and bring more story into the game. I guess hanging around on A servers can be rewarding. :)

titanic95594 10-26-2011 10:56 PM

Well, two years ago I was on Andaba doing a quest on Tortuga. And I saw the Black Guard!
The whole guild was there. Some pirates and me started asking them questions and they liked to make fun of us and stun, knock out, and send us to jail! Then they booted all of us to jail and moved to the jail and they sent us right back in. I managed to escape, but one followed. I told that person "I just love your clothes, can I use them as dish rags to clean my crew's dinner plates?". Then he knocked me out and laughed and danced on me.

It amazing to see their inner child. :D

Tom Sharkwash 10-26-2011 11:42 PM

I saw constance once and then some guy asked her how she died and she got really mad and left... so I only got to talk to her for like 5 minutes :(

Kat Five Knives 10-26-2011 11:52 PM

Nope. Been here since 2008 and rarely see them during SCHEDULED events - much less unscheduled ones.

But then again I don't hang out on Abassa....

Nate Raidhawk 10-27-2011 12:42 AM

I remember summer of '10 when I teleported to Kokoago ( deleted now ) on the PR dock when I saw about 5 GM's just standing there on the beach. It was cool because it was only me, a guildie, and 2 others chitchatting with the GMs. They even said they had heard of my guild. Then they TP'd away like 3 minutes later. It was an interesting experience.

Tiberius Fireskull 10-27-2011 01:17 AM

One time I met Rose Winsome on Andaba Tortuga. She claimed she was just visiting. It was kind of fun with the flock of pirates all around her and everything. Nothing too special. Just visiting.

Another time when I was playing on Davy Fireskull, can't remember if it was before or after, I met a group of about 3 or 4 Black Guard. I shall always remember this event. It was around the time where EITC guilds were most populous, so you have all the EITC pirates begging to join the EITC Black Guard guild, and then you've got the people attacking them yelling "DIE EITC!" and all that. I remember that something made them finally show their brutality (since it was Role Playing). There were two of them in this crowd, with the others in a different crowd on the other side of the Tortuga Dock Beach. They began to kill the pirates one by one. I stare at it in horror, and finally they turn to me. Instead of pushing the kill button, he says, "Davy, you were spared." and then walks off. It was pretty cool.

My favorite GM events have got to be the Feats of Strength. Mainly because so few people actually show up to those events so that you've only got one or two GM's and no more than ten others who are usually pretty respectful. It's really nice because you can actually talk to the GM's without having to yell over "WHEN IS THE KRAKEN COMING!?" "PLEASE BE MY FRIEND!" and "mr gm sir why wont you answer me".

I usually don't go out of my way for GM events, but it's nice to meet them every once in a while.

FightingExecutioner 10-27-2011 03:18 AM

My first unscheduled GM event was back on Halloween day, 2010 on this quiet server on my main pirate (No Unlimited Access at the time of the event) just starting to walk around the Darby Drydock shipwright and saw gold lettering the the chatbox, so I went to the middle of Port Royal to find Pete Abred and to regular pirates in the food market area. He even thanked me to give him passage to Raven's Cove. I got some pictures and they are actually used in the Pete Abred page on the Pirates of the Caribbean Online Wiki.

Dark_Pixie 10-28-2011 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titanic95594 (Post 352447)
Well, two years ago I was on Andaba doing a quest on Tortuga. And I saw the Black Guard!
The whole guild was there. Some pirates and me started asking them questions and they liked to make fun of us and stun, knock out, and send us to jail! Then they booted all of us to jail and moved to the jail and they sent us right back in. I managed to escape, but one followed. I told that person "I just love your clothes, can I use them as dish rags to clean my crew's dinner plates?". Then he knocked me out and laughed and danced on me.

It amazing to see their inner child. :D

Haha, they sound like those PvP glitchers. :laughks2:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Sharkwash
I saw constance once and then some guy asked her how she died and she got really mad and left... so I only got to talk to her for like 5 minutes :(

Ah, when I encountered Loretta she was a little evasive about her death. It made her disappear, I think. Some pirates are just bound to put their foot in it...

I love randomly being visited by ghosts! My friend once whispered to me to teleport to him quick because something creepy was going on. I teleported to him, and he said that he saw some red eyes in Misty Mire (he was on Andaba Tortuga, and it was deserted). He said he got haunted, and I said that it must have been Constance Sorrow, because she was known to hang around islands creeping people out. We checked around Misty Mire, but she had disappeared.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiberius Fireskull
My favorite GM events have got to be the Feats of Strength. Mainly because so few people actually show up to those events so that you've only got one or two GM's and no more than ten others who are usually pretty respectful. It's really nice because you can actually talk to the GM's without having to yell over "WHEN IS THE KRAKEN COMING!?" "PLEASE BE MY FRIEND!" and "mr gm sir why wont you answer me".

I love the Feats Of Strength - I've only been to the one this year (third place, but there was a mixup involving the chat filter so all three of us were marked as first), and I got there early so a small group of us (three or four other people were there) got to chat to the GM a little. It was quite nice, but it only lasted a few minutes, and then we began.

My all time favourite GM event I've been to was the Buccaneer Boot Camp. There were lots of people there, as well as Catherine Harcourt. She spoke to us a little, but then said there was Navy coming. This army of Navy promptly arrived, and we started fighting them. Many got knocked out (I didn't, haha!), and Catherine was making out that we couldn't fight them, but then this male GM (his name escapes me) started walking - yes, walking - over to the fight. It was actually quite epic. :P Can't quite remember what happened next, but he did help us and the Navy retreated. That was a fun event.

Robert Ironcastle 10-29-2011 01:02 AM

It wasn't really an event...a GM was helping us in a Padres invasion,then crewed up after we won and left.:/

Pirate Guy 10-29-2011 07:08 AM

I remember just after the new islands came, I was doing a quest and I saw a EITC GM run by. He was followed by a bunch of people and kept talking about taking over and such. All the pirates resented and started to yell. Then he just tp'ed away.

Also, my friend told me to tp right away so I did. He was in Misty Mire and Constance ( ? ) was there. She was being pestered by other pirates and she kept telling them not to enter her house. Well, a pirate ran into her house and he said " Now what, " She then knocked him out and he went to jail :D

Mcsteel 11-08-2011 06:15 AM

I remember one time my friends and I were on Abassa Tortuga by the jail and a GM ( Bill Barret I think ) comes and starts talking about Jolly Rogers black magic and started knocking us all out and sending us to jail. It was pretty odd to see a GM do that.

PirateMoreno 02-17-2012 08:39 AM

Back in 08 they used to randomly show up and help pirates not story quest them, at the time it was more getting feedback and helping answer stuff they where allowed to answer lol

Leon Dreadpratt 02-18-2012 04:22 AM

I remember back in early 2010 I was on cuba with maybe 20 other people (forget which server) and the ghost of Captain Walter just appeared and started whispering some weird message to everyone there. I was never the kids of person to be particularly interested in the storyline of the game. But I checked and apparently he had just died somehow (hence the ghost). I still don't know if this happened once or multiple times, but I like to think it happened once so i can be special. :dancetl6:

Captain Jason 02-18-2012 04:48 AM

I've seen part of an unscheduled GM event, on Abassa some time back in 2010. I don't remember exactly what he was there for, but I do believe it had to do with the November feasts they have. They often showed up for those, but this was kind of different. He wasn't actually at the fire, and he wasn't talking about it either. After that, my internet crashed (as it usually does on Abassa) so I just left.

So they do happen, but they're very rare. They're also usually around the time that there's some major event going on in the POTCO news, or a new update coming soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Sharkwash (Post 352454)

Back when each person still had their own little personal space bubble, at all the events people would get pushed around. Normally this isn't so bad, but at a constance sorrow event, it get really annoying. Every crowds right up to her house, but not quite in it. I somehow ended up getting pushed into her house, and BAM, insta-jailed, just for standing there.

Sometimes, if the GMs didn't kill anyone that got to close, they got pushed around themselves. During the second EITC Black Guard event, there was a huge group of people crowding around one EITC guy, right next to the PR bridge. All of a sudden, he glitches through the wall and lands in the water below. He disconnected instead of coming back up though, to save himself from some of the embaressment. It's pretty funny to watch a GM fail like that.