Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dead Polly (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   IS POTCO better now that it was in 2007? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22115)

SEAKING23 03-22-2011 05:48 PM

IS POTCO better now that it was in 2007?

Well I have been noticing that some people have left that game becuase of the fact that POTCO has been "lame" and stuff like that...

So i was wondering, to you all you founders and Vets. of this game, has POTCO been upgrading or down grading? I know that the Lost weapons and all were great, but i've heard that the old islands are much better than the new ones.

But what do you think? I think that after POTCO 4 its going to BOOM.

titanic95594 03-22-2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SEAKING23 (Post 310462)
I think that after POTCO 4 its going to BOOM.

I like your "educated guess". I think the game is just making bad progress and did much better back in the days. They have made a terrible move when they changed the islands. But I hope after POTC 4 it will "boom".

Captain Del 03-23-2011 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titanic95594 (Post 310556)
I like your "educated guess". I think the game is just making bad progress and did much better back in the days. They have made a terrible move when they changed the islands. But I hope after POTC 4 it will "boom".

Back in my "days," we went months without a single update. Doesn't sound like progress to me.

The remodeling of the old islands, for me, is mainly of sentimental value. After all, my pirates did essentially "grow up" there. And, I have to admit, the layout of the towns before hand felt much more rustic and colonial, which I did like. But the towns now, in my opinion, give a much better characterization to the actual area itself - Port Royal actually feels like a bustling port, Padres actually feels like a struggling volcanic-based island, and Tortuga feels like a freebooting state. (Though, I do have to comment, I think the new Tortuga is the poorest of the remodels.)

But, other than the islands, the game has definitely improved. We've been getting updates at a relatively good rate compared to the history of the game, and each of them has added a new element to the game. Progressing through the game now is much more unique than it was back in 2007.

After the fourth movie, I only see this game "booming" if they actually capitalize on the franchise's popularity (i.e. more commercials, movie-related updates, etc.)

Captain Sharktooth 03-23-2011 12:38 AM

Back in the very old days, updates would occur rarely and often times the only new topics on the website were things like "Pirate of the Month," or "Most Notorious Guild" or things like that. The old islands were way better, especially Port Royal, and they changed the music of a lot of things, and the old music was better. But they have came out with much more updates. It annoys me to hear all these new people playing that are complaining. They don't know what it was like to go a month or two without an update, as Del said. Hopefully the next movie will cause more people to play, bringing in more income and letting people create better updates for us. But POTCO has done a much better job with the updates now.

The Skirata Clan 03-23-2011 12:49 AM

Of course it got better! There wasn't even a boss battle back when I started.

Mr. Awesome 03-23-2011 01:27 AM

I have only been playing for 4 months but I have read all the release notes and to be honest I cant even imagine playing back then, it sounds like the bare bones of a game and it sounds like there is alot more to do now. As for the music and towns, can somebody send me screenshots or maps of the old versions? It would be much appreciated!

The Skirata Clan 03-23-2011 01:30 AM

There might be some here at the POF Gallery.

Ofury/ Tom 03-23-2011 02:36 AM

I think the game-play has gotten better but the game community has not. Too many young rudesters out there back before there wasn't as many it was rare to find an arguement and many got along and helped each other out. Maybe i jhust didn't see it but i don't think there was as much back then as there was now.

SEAKING23 03-23-2011 02:44 AM

I really haven't seen any jerks out there i only hang out with my friends and guild, so i guess thats why.

P.S i Actually have met much more Adult trolls then young ones. not to Blame adults or whatever, but thats just my experience.

Hookshot 03-23-2011 03:50 AM

I agree I really miss old islands. But I am grateful for the new weapon update hey it's better than having one cutlass and have it be a pirates blade haha.

Captain Sharktooth 03-23-2011 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Skirata Clan (Post 310644)
There wasn't even a boss battle back when I started.

Haha, at least the first pirate you made didn't get stuck in the ocean and could never come out. :(

The Skirata Clan 03-23-2011 04:45 AM

It probably did. The Boss Battle Hiatus is what I remember the most.

Catherine Ironcutter 03-23-2011 05:29 AM

I.... didn't play in 2007. So yeah. But it's definitely better than it was even when I made Emily in May of '10.

Tobias badkid 03-23-2011 08:40 AM

I have had my Piratesonline account for like three years. I went a few times in the old days, but have only actually started playing recently.
Seeing the deference from the old days when I rarely went on, I can tell that it is much much better now.

Jason Bilgemart 03-24-2011 02:26 AM

[QUOTE=Captain Sharktooth;310634]Back in the very old days, updates would occur rarely and often times the only new topics on the website were things like "Pirate of the Month," or "Most Notorious Guild" or things like that. The old islands were way better, especially Port Royal, and they changed the music of a lot of things, and the old music was better. But they have came out with much more updates. It annoys me to hear all these new people playing that are complaining. They don't know what it was like to go a month or two without an update, as Del said. Hopefully the next movie will cause more people to play, bringing in more income and letting people create better updates for us. But POTCO has done a much better job with the updates now.[/

I couldnt agree more.