Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors about POTCO (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   First Person POTCO (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34170)

Dark_Pixie 02-07-2012 08:21 PM

First Person POTCO

1 Attachment(s)
I've been thinking about this for a few days now. Can you imagine playing POTCO in first person mode? This thread is to get you thinking - it's not really a suggestion, because there's a 0.1% chance that POTCO will become first person (and I'm glad about that, it would just be too weird). Think Elder Scrolls.

First person POTCO would also add a lot more fear into the game for younger players, which is another reason why this will never happen. Imagine turning your character around to find yourself face to face with a player or skeleton (it's scarier than it sounds - play Morrowind and you'll know)! Younger players may need new trousers.

There is a bug in POTCO that sometimes occurs if you teleport off an SvS ship while it's sinking. Your controls will be reversed and the game goes into a view that could be described as first person. Though it's a really annoying bug (and can occur at the worst of times), it's probably the only taste we get at first person. And it's interesting to explore with if you haven't got anything better to do. :P

Attached is a picture I made in Photoshop that is my depiction of first person POTCO.

Panos 02-07-2012 09:52 PM

Well the game has a 3D option, so why not?

Dark_Pixie 02-07-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panos (Post 363795)

Yeah, perhaps an option for it. That's a good idea. :)

Jello743 02-08-2012 12:38 AM

I love Morrowind! I would love a 1st person view in this game. :)

Leon Dreadpratt 02-08-2012 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Pixie (Post 363796)
Yeah, perhaps an option for it. That's a good idea. :)

I diffidently think it would be a nice option. I wouldn't like it permanently but it would be nice to try. I wonder how much it would actually change game play. I don't think it would be that hard at all to add this option.

Slasher 02-08-2012 08:08 AM

Yeah, and if this happened, more updates could happen. But then again, it would probably defeat the purpose of the way you look. After all, you make yourself look the way you look because YOU like it. Probably not though. But it would be fun. Maybe if POTCO was a bit older. But then again, if that happened, the game would have a lot more along side it. I like the idea, though. Always thought about it. I used to glitch when I went into PvP so I couldn't see myself. It was sort of like first person. Kinda odd though.

Mr. Gibs 02-08-2012 03:30 PM

Yeah then it will look a bit like Call of duty when your holding a gun!

Platinum Pirate 02-08-2012 04:08 PM

I don't see how it can be scary to see these monsters up close considering the number of console games there are that little kids play with. None of those NPCs are scary in Pirates. I should know. I would often back my pirate against the wall of some object or cave to see it in first person view and look at the details. Quite fun hitting them that way. Try it on Tormenta and see what I mean.

Also, don't we see first person when manning a cannon? How can those ships not be scary to little kiddies?

Captain Hector 02-08-2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

You have to wear the red-and-blue ones, so you can't really see the chat. I did it once.

Nate Swordwalker 02-08-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum Pirate (Post 363875)
Also, don't we see first person when manning a cannon? How can those ships not be scary to little kiddies?

They're just ships to them, they aren't monsters going to eat you.:skull:

The Stealthy Pirate 02-08-2012 07:31 PM

Quote:

I thought you needed 3d glassed for that.

Platinum Pirate 02-08-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nate Swordwalker (Post 363905)
They're just ships to them, they aren't monsters going to eat you.:skull:

lol to some they can look scary, particularly, those Skeleton ships. Maybe that's why we won't see Davy Jones' Fleet of ship because those would be even scarier! :xxxk0:

Slasher 02-09-2012 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum Pirate (Post 363875)
I should know. I would often back my pirate against the wall of some object or cave to see it in first person view and look at the details.

Yeah, but that may not be for ALL of them. Anyways, if they did, POTCO doesn't have the BEST graphics, so it probably wouldn't work to well. After a major huge graphics update, maybe.

ruisen2000 02-11-2012 08:47 AM

I've played other online games, and I think they have a pretty good idea about this. The default is 3rd person, but you can scroll in all the way into first person using your mouse wheels. This lets you to switch between first/third person almost instantly without having to go to controls and checking this option and that.

rabidrabbit 03-13-2012 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruisen2000 (Post 364189)
I've played other online games, and I think they have a pretty good idea about this. The default is 3rd person, but you can scroll in all the way into first person using your mouse wheels. This lets you to switch between first/third person almost instantly without having to go to controls and checking this option and that.

I tried that and it just gives you a close up view of the back of your head. :piratetongueor4: