Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marked Cards, Sunk Ships, and Fishing Tales (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   I need Gold!!! (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17506)

Basil Sunsilver 10-06-2010 05:33 PM

I need Gold!!!

So, I read a post somewhere that a good way to earn gold is to go to Ratskellar on Padres. I've been playing Blackjack there for a few weeks now, but my gold has stayed the same! I started with about 3000, then I lost LOTS and went down to about 100 gold! I then earnt my gold back slowly but then dipped again!! Now i'm back to 3000 but I'm scared to dip again but I really need gold for the master fishing rod! (10,000) So I was wondering if I'm doing the right thing... advice? :12_1_138: :12_1_138: :12_1_138:

Countainer7b 10-06-2010 10:09 PM

read some of the guides and cheat!!!!!! also people might give you gold and there never bet what you can't afford to loose

Mason 10-07-2010 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basil Sunsilver (Post 261472)
So, I read a post somewhere that a good way to earn gold is to go to Ratskellar on Padres. I've been playing Blackjack there for a few weeks now, but my gold has stayed the same! I started with about 3000, then I lost LOTS and went down to about 100 gold! I then earnt my gold back slowly but then dipped again!! Now i'm back to 3000 but I'm scared to dip again but I really need gold for the master fishing rod! (10,000) So I was wondering if I'm doing the right thing... advice? :12_1_138: :12_1_138: :12_1_138:

It's good if you have cheat cards. If you don't, it is probably not a great idea.

Crestshot 10-07-2010 03:10 AM

My suggestion? Stay away from the cards unless someone is planning on giving it to you or unless you are an expert at it. Go plundering on the high seas instead. Recruit a few friends and haunt the ships near Padres, or just go public sailing for a while.

Nic 10-08-2010 09:58 PM

lol...... i have nothing

Olgarlenn 10-08-2010 11:47 PM

Lol i got all my gold from fishing. I ahve 200,000 gold :)

Lady Violet 10-09-2010 05:19 PM

I agree with Crestshot, plundering ships is by far the best way to go. Go out by Padres and Kingheads where it says uncharted waters, there you will find level 37,38,39, and 40 ships, these give the best loot most of the time. Fill up with Royal chests then head to dock, and before you know it you will be rich like me! Or even do flag ships sometimes you can get up to 3 royal chests.

Chimera Doll 10-09-2010 05:23 PM

Aye, sailing is the best way to get gold!
Also, fishing is a good way to get gold as well. Just don't loose yer lures!

Tiberius Fireskull 10-09-2010 06:09 PM

I find the best ways are these:
-Poker... just don't lose.
-Plundering ships. If you are plundering that Navy Colossus Flagship with a War Galleon, you can always bring in at least 1000 gold a trip.
-Camping at Darkhart. He drops high amounts of gold.
-Fishing can get you some good coin too.

Ben Lockshot 10-13-2010 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olgarlenn (Post 262557)
Lol i got all my gold from fishing. I ahve 200,000 gold :)

I would have to agree, just get you fishing lvl to 15, very easy to do, and you will get over 180 for sharks. And the only way you can loose some gold is if you loose your lure, but that is only 100 gold. And you can get some treasure too. So you can get a fish that is 200 gold and then get treasure that is worth 50. I think it is the best way to make some gold.

titanic95594 10-13-2010 06:08 PM

Blackjack and sailing gets me tons of gold. If you stay near kings sink a few Behemoths and Corsairs (just stay away from there broadsides!) I get tons of gold!

Captain Jason 10-18-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davy Fireskull (Post 262797)
I find the best ways are these:
-Poker... just don't lose.
-Plundering ships. If you are plundering that Navy Colossus Flagship with a War Galleon, you can always bring in at least 1000 gold a trip.
-Camping at Darkhart. He drops high amounts of gold.
-Fishing can get you some good coin too.

I'd like to add blackjack, just make sure you know how to play, and come with alot of cheat cards. Whenever you see a 10-king, swap the other card with an ace. If you see an ace, swap the other with a 10-king. You will get blackjack ALOT! The best way to not get caught cheating is to look at the other's cards, and don't use any of those.

jolly richard 10-25-2010 04:58 AM

alright mate listen...i'm not gonna take the time to make sure my grammer is right so bear with me.Go plunder for about 5 hours and get a load of cheat cards make sure you get about 20 aces of every suit once you got that of course sit down at the table in ratskeller make sure you are the last person to go you have a pretty good chance of getting a card worth 10 in just the hand,this is where your aces come in,swap it with your other card(not worth 10 or worth 10 doesn't matter)you get blackjack and win double.but here's the catch you gotta make sure the other players don't have the ace you chose to swap because there's only one of each card in a deck(this is why you want to go last after everyone's taken a hit)but unfortunatley no matter where you sit the dealer goes last so hit the quit button and keep it on the yes or no interface with your mouse over the yes,if he draws the ace you swapped go ahead and hit yes to quickly stand up and you won't ever get caught cheating.

Adhy 18 10-25-2010 05:51 PM

Basil,. u ever heard private svs? go do it again ur friend in quite server, sink in turn continuously,.. u will get max gold in 1 hrs,.

Basil Sunsilver 10-29-2010 09:50 PM

Ppl I only have a frigate. I cant do all these big ships lol xD