Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors about POTCO (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Just Sent This Idea to POTCO (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40256)

Platinum Pirate 04-09-2013 11:03 PM

Just Sent This Idea to POTCO

Ahoy!

Okay, there's been some speculation about silver coins being introduced into the game ever since the new legendary sword was in the process of being unveiled. The popular view is trading.

Well, like them, I don't know if silver coins will ever make their way into the game. What it did do was give me a few ideas of mine. LOL no surprise there!

Anyway, I see them as a second type of game currency whose value is half of the only form of game currency there is, namely, gold. Silver will be more widely available than gold and could be required for some future ship upgrade. The maximum amount a pirate can have though is 200k which is the same as the current cap limit for gold. I would think its easier for the Developers to code that since they simply use the same template.

If this concept works, the same can be used for materials. The ratio though would be different. I would recommend 4:1 for each type of materials. A player can convert pine for oak, iron for steel, or canvas for silk and vice versa. All of which can be done in those Import buildings at Port Royal, Tortuga, and Padres. Could be a scales on their table for players to click Shift and convert whatever they need to, or from that NPC in the building whose only purpose at this time is for some quest. Nice to make that building and that individual more useful, don't you think?

Another fun thing to do is to change up the For Hire quests a bit. Have Josie, Captain Job, and Bartholomew Watkins offer silver instead of gold. Have Johnny McVane offer gold only like he always has and introduce another Bartholomew Watkins type at Padres. Players can earn 50 gold each for sinking an Ogre, Colossus, or Century Hawk hunter. All three are galleon type ships.

I do these For Hire quests on a regular basis. Most players pretty much ignore them or don't understand how useful they really are. I figured that by changing it up a bit players will be more inclined to use them. The perception of earning 400 silver for defeating 14 mollusks sure looks more enticing than 200 gold. Sinking Bart's ships at 70 silver per quest is better than 35 gold.

Gold is still the way to buy anything in the game. Silver is more like another material that we can accumulate and convert it to gold whenever we need to. A simple 10 gold fee is all that's required. Can be open to both Basics and Unlimiteds. Up to you to decide on that. I think this will make many pirates happy. XD

Keep up with the good work! This game does rock!

~ ~ ~

That's what I sent to them. Would an idea like that be a good thing to have in the game or not? I don't know if they will ever do something like this or even close to it since they have received many ideas from a lot of players besides me. And as we all know nothing new has been added to the game since Ship Customization.

Maybe they might be able to with this if they knew there was a big demand for it. :SkullBullet1:

Captain Sharktooth 04-10-2013 01:36 AM

The only problem here is timing. With many people asking for updates left and right, the only things they would likely add to the game would be something already in development. If they do consider this, it won't be in the game anytime soon.

Platinum Pirate 04-10-2013 07:27 PM

Fair enough and thanks for chiming in Captain Sharktooth. I did get a reply from them today. I found it rather amusing.

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/317/silvercoins.png

Eliza Creststeel 04-11-2013 04:58 PM

Well this reply is rather tragic. It means that even though THEY created a Silver Coins game item, they had no plans for it.

Platinum Pirate 04-11-2013 05:33 PM

If I may, and thank you for posting your comments, Eliza Creststeel, just because it was created doesn't mean that POTCO intends to put it into the game. Its not a given, a guaranteed that they will. Perhaps, they intended silver coins to be the game currency of choice at first, but opted instead for gold due to its ties to Aztec coins from the original film, Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl.

If true, how many other items have been shelved? Perhaps, my idea might have them reconsider. You know the 'oh gee why didn't we think of that' sort of thing. If its easy for them to code it, they can do it since its not a major feature that will require the attention of their developers away from another important project.

Eliza Creststeel 04-12-2013 01:12 PM

Currency

The Silver Coins items appeared at the same time as Grog and Ship Materials.

Likely it was to be either part of Ship Customization or Trading.

And since there's no way to swap materials that you have for materials that you need, perhaps these other currencies were to help purchase or trade for materials you needed to finish your ships.

Like right now to finish my last ship, I still need 195 Oak. I have thousands of everything else and I tend to only find Oak at 5-10 at a time (frustrating). If such a system had been finished - items like Silk or Steel could have been sold or traded off.

And you're right, like a lot of items, NPCs and places on the map - there is a lot of unfinished business in POTCO.