Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Marked Cards, Sunk Ships, and Fishing Tales (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Much too hard to make gold. (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10428)

CWEGuru 02-20-2009 08:11 PM

Much too hard to make gold.

Well I started playing a week ago and am ready to quit now. It is much too hard to make gold in this game only to lose it all gambling. I worked 2 days and saved us 13,000 gold and thought well let me go play Blackjack and try to get it to 15,000. I lost all 13,000 gold that it took 2 days to make the dealer cheats way too much.

I know it is my fault but I'll just go back to a game where I can make a decent amount to buy what I need.

jason davy 02-20-2009 08:33 PM

Why in the world would you blow 13000 gold on card games? And wouldn't you REALIZE you were going bankrupt after you lost several thousand? It's really not hard to make gold in the game at all, it sounds like you need to re-think your methods.

mlratto 02-20-2009 08:35 PM

13,000 in two days isn't a bad tally at all for a new pirate. i would suggest spending it on things to help you advance in the game rather than gambling it. the more advanced your pirate gets the more gold you can make.

to loose it all that quickly might point to a deeper issue...although i don't believe potco has any in game support groups.

i would suggest trying to crew up on a ship and make some of it back. several quests available too to help you earn gold.

Maximvs 02-20-2009 09:51 PM

You definitely need to read this tutorial... :)

http://www.piratesonlineforums.com/f...ead.php?t=5941

The Commodore 02-20-2009 11:45 PM

Well, apart from the fact that your gold earning is AWESOME, you need to take yer time. You can't get it all at once.

Poison elf 02-21-2009 12:52 AM

Though I know methods to get gold, it is slow at first. I find this though a good thing, it would be ridiculous if ya played a day or two, and could buy a war frigate, if skill was even near high enough.

BJ I think is to easy, and after building up some cheat cards, sitting in the right spot, leaving and joining again, money can be made to easy. The only trick, is keeping pace to the game, adding- subtracting - what you need to make the big win, against what the dealer has. This is usually a double down you set yourself up with at 11, and not always best if the dealer is showing a face card.

I think that is the post Max posted, I didn't check.

Edward Edgemenace 02-21-2009 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poison elf (Post 117887)
I think that is the post Max posted, I didn't check.

Yes it is. "Make 11, double down" is super-important when using cheat cards. Almost as important as "stand up after every win" or "set your limit before you start."

CWEGuru 02-21-2009 02:03 AM

I know I have a gambling problem in real life but from all the guides I've read about making gold in game almost every one says to play cards. I will just have to try and control myself I guess.

~ Pirate Rose ~ 03-01-2009 09:37 PM

I don't think that's a good reason to quit the game. Did you only start playing this game to make gold? I have basic membership so I can't buy anything. Even if I had unlimited membership, I would probaly only buy a shirt and a new hairstyle. Maybe a stronger pistol.

Chris 03-01-2009 10:39 PM

13,000 gold for a newer player period is amazing! Let alone in 2 days. The gold making has to be realistic you arent gonna make 60,000 in one day to get a war frigate. It has to be balenced.

edwardburnskull 03-09-2009 12:39 AM

thats more than I make in 2 weeks and Ive played for almost a year. That is NO reason to quit, as posted before you cant just buy a war frigate when you start. in fact I think the game needs to be more realistic costing you a fortune sinking a war ship and prices should be higher thereby raising the money gap. or they could come up with grand class and make a gs be 200,000, gg be 400,000 and gf be 600,000. or they could make new quests. my point is that you can earn gold back and 13,000 in 2 days for a new player is incredible

Will Badbreaker 03-09-2009 11:25 PM

I've gotten far more gold by crewing up and sinking ships. Often getting between 700 and 1200 with a good crew. Though its true you can win at BJ and get money, you have you to know how to play the game. If you lost that much that quickly, you clearly don't know how to play BJ. I am not an expert and I rarely lost very much. AND if I did start losing, you stop for a bit.
Lucky for you this isn't real money lol. It is slow going at first in the game, but believe me, eventually you reach a point where you have to do drastic things to earn gold since max is 65000. What I do is I sell back a ship and re-buy it, therefore I can earn more gold. Yes it isn't really earning it, but that illusion helps make it feel like I"m accomplishing something.

Kate Callecastle 03-11-2009 02:40 AM

Ahh gold is hard to come by. Unless you do a few things that Will talked about. I have also ,when had alot of gold, bought clothes and jewelry all of which i have sold back when the gold is needed. Otherwise i just board the war ships, always someone elses because then i dont have the repairs later.

magicmarbels 03-04-2010 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CWEGuru (Post 117798)
Well I started playing a week ago and am ready to quit now. It is much too hard to make gold in this game only to lose it all gambling. I worked 2 days and saved us 13,000 gold and thought well let me go play Blackjack and try to get it to 15,000. I lost all 13,000 gold that it took 2 days to make the dealer cheats way too much.

I know it is my fault but I'll just go back to a game where I can make a decent amount to buy what I need.

"Dealer definitly cheats and i have won large amounts and not recieved credit for it."

Eliza Creststeel 03-04-2010 03:23 PM

CW,

Its obvious you have a gambling problem mate. You need to stay out of the taverns and spend more time plundering.

EC