Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Kraken ate my what? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   Has Disney ceased work on POTC Online? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33839)

Morgan_Blackhart 02-01-2012 02:44 AM

Has Disney ceased work on POTC Online?

Seems there are a lot of glitches once in awhile and a lot of server crashes.
Has Disney stopped even caring about POTC.

Also, I'm about to deny public access to my boat and go back to just crewing someone elses.

1.) Is there any way to kick people off your boat?

2.) Is there any way to de-crew these people while on your boat after you cre them and they just leech and do nothing?

3.) is there any to keep these people from taking over your boat if you leave the wheel for a second, and aren't able to get it back while he/she runs your boat into a bunch of ships just to get it killed?

Cheers

J.T. 02-01-2012 03:37 AM

You don't have to crew the people - public ship is always a risk, there's no telling what kind of group you get. Sometimes it goes good, sometimes it doesn't. Also, if it is your ship, then you can take it back anytime if they are sailing it.

If you haven't noticed, there have been a lot of updates and fixes in the past month (3 new, big release notes since the week of Christmas on live servers - before it got to live servers, there were a large amount of decent sized release notes on test that were put into just a few on live).

The glitches and server crashes are going to happen when there is a new update, especially with the size of the last 1, but the server crashes haven't happened much lately, since they fixed it a week or so ago.

Morgan_Blackhart 02-01-2012 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.T. (Post 363278)
You don't have to crew the people - public ship is always a risk, there's no telling what kind of group you get. Sometimes it goes good, sometimes it doesn't. Also, if it is your ship, then you can take it back anytime if they are sailing it.

If you haven't noticed, there have been a lot of updates and fixes in the past month (3 new, big release notes since the week of Christmas on live servers - before it got to live servers, there were a large amount of decent sized release notes on test that were put into just a few on live).

The glitches and server crashes are going to happen when there is a new update, especially with the size of the last 1, but the server crashes haven't happened much lately, since they fixed it a week or so ago.

As far as I knew once someone took the wheel you couldn't get it back until they left it voluntarily.

HammyTheSquirrel 02-01-2012 04:07 AM

When you're on another player's ship you can't take the wheel back, but the captain of that ship can.

J.T. 02-01-2012 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J.T. (Post 363278)
Also, if it is your ship, then you can take it back anytime if they are sailing it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammyTheSquirrel (Post 363284)
When you're on another player's ship you can't take the wheel back, but the captain of that ship can.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan_Blackhart (Post 363282)
As far as I knew once someone took the wheel you couldn't get it back until they left it voluntarily.

It has always let you take the wheel back if you own the ship and someone else grabs it while you are away from it.

Crimson Rose 02-02-2012 04:27 AM

If someone else is at the helm of your ship and you step up behind/beside them, the little green circle appears under the wheelstand and you are asked if you want to take the wheel. Try it.

I was on a ship where it indicated the "owner" had gone offline, and the ship was just sitting there with no one at the helm. I went and took the wheel and headed for the nearest civilized island, figuring this was the considerate thing to do. Almost immediately the owner - who apparently hadn't gone offline, or else had made a quick come-back - stepped up and grabbed the helm and I was out of there.

Crimson Rose

Morgan_Blackhart 02-02-2012 10:27 AM

Ok, solves that problem.

Is there anyway to kick out someone that is just standing around (or making a nuisance jumping around shooting everyone and general disrupting those trying to play right) to make room for someone that might actually do something?

I seem to get a crew of nuisances as above or one that 'afk's after they are crewed and I guess go away just to get a share of the loot for nothing..

I would think some things should be able to be done.

Platinum Pirate 02-02-2012 04:41 PM

No, there isn't a way to kick unruly pirates from your ship. You can only do that in SvS mode. POTCO did take away that ability to AFK on board just to get the loot. It's rather amusing to see those pirates use that lazy trick unaware of the change. Unfortunately, those who caught on to that change have decided to behave in the manner you describe. They just move around so as to get their share of the loot anyway.

What to do? Crew only those you know in your gut is sailing for the same purpose as your own. For instance, you wish to get rare ship materials. The rest are stowaways. Then, when you are close to engaging the Hunters, land at the nearest island [preferably Tormenta or better yet Ravens Cove when the red ghosts are out and about] and dump them all. Be sure to close out Public Access first before dropping anchor. Then set sail again and let only those you crewed to get on board. If you are fortunate to meet some friendly strangers who excel as cannoneers, then friend them so you can offer them to join you for those plunder runs whenever they log in.

No amount of reason or politeness will correct such bad pirates. Best to accept that sad fact and come up with your own solutions as Captain of your ship. Clicking Ignore is a joke. Can't expect, nor afford to wait on, POTCO to empower Captains anytime soon. Granted, some are against it because they fear abuse of such power. I disagree. If that power can only be used once per voyage, then it will be used wisely. Our opinions expressed here though must actually be expressed in their Feedbacks there if we really would like to see changes made for the better.

Good luck on your next sailing run.

Eliza Creststeel 02-02-2012 05:01 PM

You can uncrew someone but they won't be kicked off the boat.

One option for AFKers and deadbeats is when you port, fix your crew list. Drop off the lollygaggers, then launch and turn off all but crew. The only way they can get back is by tp'ing directly to another crew member. But, hopefully they will take a hint.

Morgan_Blackhart 02-02-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliza Creststeel (Post 363398)
You can uncrew someone but they won't be kicked off the boat.

One option for AFKers and deadbeats is when you port, fix your crew list. Drop off the lollygaggers, then launch and turn off all but crew. The only way they can get back is by tp'ing directly to another crew member. But, hopefully they will take a hint.

If you uncrew them en-route, do they still get a crew share of the loot? or does it get re-split just between those that deserve it.

Dark_Pixie 02-04-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Morgan_Blackhart (Post 363418)
If you uncrew them en-route, do they still get a crew share of the loot? or does it get re-split just between those that deserve it.

Anyone who is not AFK on the ship will get the loot, even if they aren't in your crew. Though if they arrive after the loot has been added to the cargo, they won't get the loot (for example, if you get a skull chest while looting, anyone who comes after the chest is looted will not get the loot). But I shouldn't worry about that, because if you're the captain you get a loot bonus anyway.

Captain Seafarer CO. 02-04-2012 08:24 PM

booting someone off your ship during SvS no longer works!
Now you are stuck with someone hogging a cannon or worse yet slowing repairs...

Why, POTCO, why!?!?

Rannulf 02-05-2012 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Seafarer CO. (Post 363515)
booting someone off your ship during SvS no longer works!
Now you are stuck with someone hogging a cannon or worse yet slowing repairs...

Why, POTCO, why!?!?

Report it mate, Report it!

Crimson Rose 02-05-2012 02:42 AM

How about the opposite? What about those irresponsible kids who have been playing for awhile and manage to buy a large powerful ship and treat it like a toy?

I was on a war frigate yesterday, having a good time sinking ships. However, when the holds were full and more than full and the armour gone and the ship half-sunk, I was strongly suggesting the helmsperson that the ship should be beached. I had been frantically repairing, but when I saw that we sailed right past Port Royal (we were in the shallows) and out again, I gave up and got back on a cannon and sunk another ship. I figured that all I was going to get out of this trip was rep and cannon points and I was right. The ship sunk shortly after.

I'm there for the fun of it and the rep and points, but it certainly would have been nice to get my share of the treasure. I felt that not docking when possible was rather irresponsible.

Crimson Rose

Morgan_Blackhart 02-05-2012 04:28 AM

Well, unfortunately all the things that I hated about POTCO have come back to me. Subscription canceled again...