Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dead Polly (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   New Updates opinions. (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27316)

Piratesonlineisfun 08-04-2011 08:07 AM

New Updates opinions.

The title may be misleading but anyways, Do you think that Potco should have these updates?

* New ships

* Customizable ships ( change sails colors and change the hull around and colors )

* Pets ( Parrots/Macaws, monkeys, pigs chickens etc, no dogs or cats or dinosaurs )

* Raven's Cove rebuilt

* Open sea and land pvp/svs

* New Treasure Maps.

* Real Treasure Maps ( you find a note on the ground and then you follow clues to get to treasure )

Tell me what ye 'earties think about this.

Dark_Pixie 08-04-2011 11:38 AM

Here's me opinion.

New ships

It's been hinted at that new ships are coming out later this year. I have all the war ships, yet there is nothing I want more than a big ol' SOTL. New ships will come out at some point, but we just don't know when.

Customizable Ships

This update should definitely be added to the game. Disney haven't said anything about adding it in, and we may have to wait a few more years for it, but a pirate isn't a pirate without a unique ship. 'Nuff said. :)

Pets

A thousand times no. The idea is good, but knowing Disney and what they've done with pets in games, they're most likely going to be noisy and really annoy other players. I wouldn't be surprised if you could make your pet sing, if it ever came out. The Summon Chicken potion is a good idea though, and I heard that more were going to come out with different animals. I think that's as far as Disney's going with the pets. At least I hope so.

Raven's Cove rebuilt

Um, no. Raven's Cove is still one of the newer islands, and I don't see why it should be rebuilt. There's nothing really wrong with it, in my opinion. I quite like it as it is.

Open sea and land PvP/SvS

Well, SvS is already open-area, but there should be a PvP island, full of angry pirates. :P

New Treasure Maps

Now that you mention it, I think new treasure maps might be quite cool. Good idea, but I'm not sure if Disney could make anything better than the Black Pearl Boss Battle. :)

Real Treasure Maps

I don't think anybody's thought of this before. It's quite a good idea. It would be like a quest, but you do it alone. And the treasure could be something very rare, like a weapon, clothing, or a lot of gold. It would end with you digging up a chest. Sounds piratey. I like it. :)

The first two updates on your list are the most important to me. I agree with some of the rest, but I feel that new ships and ship customization are a must. :)

akamystic 08-04-2011 01:04 PM

New ships and customization: Without a doubt. The custom factor (IMO) is a crucial update. This will keep everyone busy trying to determine what is best for their pirates. Some ships will be built for battle and others more for speed. Moreover, changing the look of your ship would be awesome. New sail colors and designs.

Pets: Personally ....I'd rather have Captains Quarters over pets. I could do with or without pets.

Ravens Cove Rebuild: No. It's too new. That would be pointless (IMO) and a waste of the developers time that can be spent elsewhere.

Open Sea PVP/SVS: Hmmmmm....I'd have to say no. I think it was cause disarray.

New Treasure Maps: Perhaps ....but what?

Real Treasure Maps: Sure....sounds very pirate like.