Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO WeaponSmith (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Weapons Combinations (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33408)

Crimson Rose 01-22-2012 02:37 PM

Weapons Combinations

I keep wanting to check this out but never do. If you use a combination of weapons against an opponent, do you get more more weapons points per weapon and more rep. points?

I like to use a pistol or throwing knife to alert an enemy to my presence. That way they charge right at you instead of dancing around. You can also do it from a safe location off to one side where you won`t be stumbled upon by some patrolling monster. Then as the "alerted" creature approaches I pull out my sword - my best weapon - and let them step into the whirling blade.

The reason I forget is because I`m usually intent on killing the jerk/monster. "When you're up to your ***** in alligators, it's hard to remember you came here to drain the swamp."

Crimson Rose

william kid 01-23-2012 09:49 PM

Switching weapons helps because you can only get so much rep per weapon per baddie, I think its like 100 or so, this normally won't be reached with a normal bad guy but with a boss is possible, so after you hit that 100 rep you are no longer doing yourself any good. If you switch weapons you can get 300 rep from the same guy.If you use your highest damage weapon or attacks you decrease the rep because you kill them faster and don't get in as many hits, weapon rep is based off the # of attacks....silly maybe but thats how it works

Its also good like you described to pull a baddie without getting yourself into a gang fight. You will get rep for both weapons and live to fight another day....always a good thing.

Cannonfury 01-23-2012 09:51 PM

Yes using multiple weapons does help with rep. 100 or more rep possible for each weapons....over 500 rep possible.

Leon Dreadpratt 01-24-2012 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonfury (Post 362499)
Yes using multiple weapons does help with rep. 100 or more rep possible for each weapons....over 500 rep possible.

If you can find a guy that takes that long to kill! lol

Crimson Rose 01-24-2012 08:24 PM

So maybe I should go back and get the rusty sabre. It sounds as if I will get more rep and weapons points if I use it.

Some of the quests I'm on, the baddies go down after one swipe. I feel sort of silly swinging away while thinking, "Where'd he go?"

Edit: Okay, I did a little test. Sword was at 2583 points, and grenade was at 382. I threw a grenade at a 17th level undead, then whipped out my sword. After I had trashed the vermin, my sword stood at 2592 and grenade 390. So they both get points if you use multiple weapons. This is good to know. Now I can garner points for some lesser weapons while still protecting myself up close.

I also now have a rusty sabre and a 2-point 3-shot pistol I picked up on Isla Tormenta. I'm using them in the hopes of taking longer to take down an opponent and get more weapons points ... except while I'm on Isla Tormenta I use my high-quality sword just to make sure I "survive."

Crimson Rose