Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dead Polly (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   If you had to make a choice.... (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27092)

akamystic 07-30-2011 04:30 PM

If you had to make a choice....

If you could chose what would be included in the next update, what would it be?

So.....of the below....what would you choose?

1 New Ships
2 Ship Customization
3 Another Chapter
4 Pirate Trading

Keep in mind, just because I'm asking does not mean any of these are coming. I do not have any additional information as to what is next.

:piratewheelgo2:

The Skirata Clan 07-30-2011 09:36 PM

I would like the Second Chapter.

The Stealthy Pirate 07-30-2011 10:33 PM

^What TSC said.

Mr. Awesome 07-31-2011 12:11 AM

^What TSP said.

Robert Ironcastle 07-31-2011 02:04 AM

^What MA said.

Davy_Mcwrecker 07-31-2011 02:09 AM

Trading!!!! Why trash/sell a double legendary when you can give it to someone???
EDIT: I forgot to say, we need the ability to boot people off our ship in public. Yes, it can be abused, BUT the wrokaround it that the player that was booted will recieve the full cargo when the ship docks.

Captain Del 07-31-2011 02:25 AM

New ships. With the addition of bounty hunters and such, it has become very difficult for people without very active/high leveled guilds/friends to go out on a nice peaceful sail. And, because jumping ship to a better world isn't the option for many pirates, adding new ships may just make the Caribbean a little more balanced, so long as each ship has it's own ups and downs as the current ones to keep balance itself.

It's very easy to say you want a Second Chapter, but really, what is there for the game to offer for it at this point? The majority of the enemies in the game can be easily defeated by a pirate in his high 40's and up, and let's not forget the only reason that the Raven's Cove quest was possible because they designed the island for the quest. If we want a quest that would truly be fun and involved, then we would need another string of updates that would make minor renovations to the game, new enemies, etc. Without it, we'd end up having the same old "run-here-kill-this" mission.

There really is a limited amount of things to trade in this game at the moment. Are there caches of weaponry and clothing out there that somebody may want? Yes. But, we need to take in account that compared to other games that have trading, our inventory as a whole is very very limited - and after a while of passing around this and that, I'm afraid that items may become more and more stale. Before trading can come about, it would be good to have another inventory expansion (new weapons, new clothing, and more space!)

And for ship customization to truly be unique, we first need new ships to boot. Though, the whole aspect of "ship customization" as a whole is tricky - whether that would mean simply customizing your ship's colors and pannels, or going all out with broadsides, masts, ammo, etc. is still up to one's imagination. Though, it would all be able to live up to it's full potential if new ships were added first.

akamystic 07-31-2011 01:21 PM

Wait.....I forgot to pick......lol

I'll take #1........it will change the Caribbean and SVS.......

CarribeanThunder 07-31-2011 03:02 PM

I'd choose New Ships. Sure, ship customization would be nice, but if you're customizing the same old War Frigate and Light Sloop, that's kind of boring...

Dark_Pixie 07-31-2011 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Del (Post 340793)
New ships. With the addition of bounty hunters and such, it has become very difficult for people without very active/high leveled guilds/friends to go out on a nice peaceful sail. And, because jumping ship to a better world isn't the option for many pirates, adding new ships may just make the Caribbean a little more balanced, so long as each ship has it's own ups and downs as the current ones to keep balance itself.

It's very easy to say you want a Second Chapter, but really, what is there for the game to offer for it at this point? The majority of the enemies in the game can be easily defeated by a pirate in his high 40's and up, and let's not forget the only reason that the Raven's Cove quest was possible because they designed the island for the quest. If we want a quest that would truly be fun and involved, then we would need another string of updates that would make minor renovations to the game, new enemies, etc. Without it, we'd end up having the same old "run-here-kill-this" mission.

There really is a limited amount of things to trade in this game at the moment. Are there caches of weaponry and clothing out there that somebody may want? Yes. But, we need to take in account that compared to other games that have trading, our inventory as a whole is very very limited - and after a while of passing around this and that, I'm afraid that items may become more and more stale. Before trading can come about, it would be good to have another inventory expansion (new weapons, new clothing, and more space!)

And for ship customization to truly be unique, we first need new ships to boot. Though, the whole aspect of "ship customization" as a whole is tricky - whether that would mean simply customizing your ship's colors and pannels, or going all out with broadsides, masts, ammo, etc. is still up to one's imagination. Though, it would all be able to live up to it's full potential if new ships were added first.

I couldn't agree more. New ships all the way! And if trading comes out, it may be quite easy to get legendary items, which just won't do.

HammyTheSquirrel 08-01-2011 12:08 AM

I was going to say a new chapter... but I do agree with Del. ;)

The Skirata Clan 08-01-2011 12:13 AM

What Del points out is true, but I think that with any of the options a Not/Cap raise is needed because by this point there's a lot of 50's out there. The last raise was a year ago(?).

Captain Sharktooth 08-01-2011 12:50 AM

I agree with TSC that a new level cap would be nice, but first they would need to make tougher enemies.

Also, getting new ships means that sea battles would be easier, so we would need bigger ships to battle.

This isn't an option, but I'd vote for higher level enemies/ships.

Johnny Darkwalker 08-01-2011 02:16 AM

I think trading and new ships are coming

ukebec 08-02-2011 12:23 AM

I respectfully disagree with Captain Del and others. Although I understand what you're saying, I think the game needs the major update of a new story chapter.

There would be a built-in degree of run-here-kill-this-find-that-maroon-them, etc.. That's unavoidable. But a new island/location with previously unseen enemies that must be dealt with in quests leading up to another epic showdown (as recovering the Pearl was) would go a long ways towards keeping pirates occupied for a while. I'm talking something the scale of the original story quest arc, much longer and more involved than Raven's Cove.