Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Ahoy! (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   POF Moving Forward (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40445)

Zilly 09-25-2013 12:22 PM

POF Moving Forward

We're not going anywhere!

With the recent closure of Toontown Online, Pixie Hollow, and Pirates of the Caribbean Online, and any plans for reopening being off in the future, the administrators have had to make some difficult decisions. Do we change? To what? When? What will we be rated?

We'd like to announce that we know the answers to those questions now. Wednesday October 16th the ToontownCentral.com site will be taken offline. Don't panic! We will reopen Friday October 18th as MMOCentralForums.com. The current URL will continue to redirect for some time. We'll warn you before it stops. Additionally, MMOCentralForums.com will condense most of our current sites into one. All DisneysOnlineWorlds sites except PixieHollowForums.com will be archived.

MMOCentralForums? What will that do?
MMOCentralForums won't be built around a single game. We will be offering forums for a wide variety of games along with the off topic and creative areas our members enjoy. There will also be forums geared towards specific age groups, which we will explain more when the site reopens. A few other surprises are in store!
What happens to my account?
All current TTC accounts will remain active. You will log in with your username and password just like you do now. Your contact list will be there, all images, all posts, reputation... Nothing will change. If you are a member of another site it will be necessary to register on the current www.ToontownCentral.com. We will be transferring all subscriptions (and a few other account perks as well!) from each archived site to the new MMOCentralForums.com. PixieHollowForums.com members will not need to do anything unless you'd like to join the new site as well.
What will these new forums be rated?
After a lot of thought and debate we have elected to remain G-rated with a few changes. Think of it as G+. The family friendly nature of our site is an important part of who we are. We will be posting an updated version of our policies to illustrate these changes.
What do you mean "other sites will be archived."
The current site will be closed and a redirect will be created. Those posts will be read-only. All images will also be saved. It will be necessary to create a new account on the TTC site. Unfortunately that is unavoidable. However, we will still maintain a scaled down forum for those sites on MMOCentralForums.com. You will not lose a place to talk about a game you loved!

I'm part of a clan, what will happen to that?
The decision to stay open or close will be made by your current clan leaders. At this time we have no plans to close any clans.

Obviously, these are only the basics of our plans and what's in store. We have decided to make these changes so that we are more adaptable within the changing world of gaming. We are open to suggestions and ideas. We'll be different, but we hope you'll continue to call us home.

Platinum Pirate 09-25-2013 12:34 PM

Well, I understand that in light of having not just one, but three games closing down, that the Admins must make some critical decisions. So I'm not surprised that these forums, especially PoF, must be archived.

I don't see the point in continuing myself. The game is over. There is nothing more to discuss. I'll write my departure when the time comes. Best of luck to you PoF Staff.

Bart Blueginty 09-26-2013 12:52 AM

Will I still be able to log in using my pirate name for this site when it changes to the new name?

Lilys 09-26-2013 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart Blueginty (Post 380644)
Will I still be able to log in using my pirate name for this site when it changes to the new name?

Quote:

If you are a member of another site it will be necessary to register on the current www.ToontownCentral.com. We will be transferring all subscriptions (and a few other account perks as well!) from each archived site to the new MMOCentralForums.com.
You will need to register on TTC (unless you already have an account there)

Bart Blueginty 09-26-2013 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilys (Post 380647)
You will need to register on TTC (unless you already have an account there)

ok, thanks, another question is, will i keep my badges earned on here?

Lilys 09-26-2013 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bart Blueginty (Post 380648)
ok, thanks, another question is, will i keep my badges earned on here?

Yes, Sapphire Sweetfeather is hard at work at this very moment moving all the awards so we can reissue on the new site for those that move.

Cannonfury 09-26-2013 03:18 AM

I have a toontown and POF account/screen name...which do I use to log into the new site??

Sven Osymthe 09-26-2013 04:22 AM

Although I haven't exactly been active, I think this is a great idea. The game that brought us all here is no longer around, but it's nice that one of its forums will still exist (one way or another).

I was just curious, if we were to make an account on TTC, should we use the same information we use here? With it being a website for MMO's in general, I wasn't sure a username associated with a retired MMO would be fitting.

Batleth 09-26-2013 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonfury (Post 380650)
I have a toontown and POF account/screen name...which do I use to log into the new site??

You'll be using your TTC login info.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sven Osymthe (Post 380651)
Although I haven't exactly been active, I think this is a great idea. The game that brought us all here is no longer around, but it's nice that one of its forums will still exist (one way or another).

I was just curious, if we were to make an account on TTC, should we use the same information we use here? With it being a website for MMO's in general, I wasn't sure a username associated with a retired MMO would be fitting.

That's up to you. You don't have to use your POF info to register with at TTC. Make up somthing entirely different, if you'd like.

andyspins 09-26-2013 01:51 PM

So, if I make an account on ToonTown forums with my same username and password as on here, will my stats (posts, blog entries, reputation etc.) carry over from POF too?

Batleth 09-28-2013 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyspins (Post 380656)
So, if I make an account on ToonTown forums with my same username and password as on here, will my stats (posts, blog entries, reputation etc.) carry over from POF too?

I'm sorry but they won't be carried over. It will be as if you are a new user. We are moving skins and awards over to TTC now. So you'll be at home more with some of your favorite POF skins. We'll announce later how to obtain any contest and holiday awards you got here.

djr_8fan 10-02-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Batleth (Post 380715)
I'm sorry but they won't be carried over. It will be as if you are a new user. We are moving skins and awards over to TTC now. So you'll be at home more with some of your favorite POF skins. We'll announce later how to obtain any contest and holiday awards you got here.

Guess that means that everything I've saved here on this forum needs to be resaved on my new pc.

Sorry for the double post here...

I did get my screenshots that I had saved here on this forums, saved onto my computer again. Looking at them all took me back.

I dont know if I will created a TTC account to keep up with you guys once the move occurs or not. I have some thinking to do on that.

So, in the meantime... I can be found on other forums. Most of you know where to look. You can google my main pirate name Kate Goldwalker and find me in a few places that way as well. Thanks for all the fun. Oh, and Capt. Morgan... I'll miss our arrcade battles when its all said and done.

Kriss_Man1 10-02-2013 10:14 AM

Yeah, I think it's likely that I'll be another to not make a TTC acct. Kinda coming to the end of my association with Disney, their Games and perhaps even their Movies...

Anyway, I also have an acct. on the other Pirates Online forums, as well as now playing PotBS. I'm fairly easy to find, just look for Kriss Wild Wolf. On PotBS I play on the Roberts server, although it appears Tiggy has secured most of the players to cross from PotCO to PotBS.

Kriss.

Mommy 2 Jules 10-02-2013 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss_Man1 (Post 380839)
Yeah, I think it's likely that I'll be another to not make a TTC acct. Kinda coming to the end of my association with Disney, their Games and perhaps even their Movies...

That is kind of the point of moving TTC over to the new site. We will no longer be Disney-only. ;) MMOCentralForums will be a place for all of us to discuss any and all MMO games, as well as platform/console games. The administrative staff already has ideas for subforums of some of the most popular MMOs that are out there (LOTRO, Wizard101, Minecraft, WoW, Pirates101, SWTOR to name a few). Though we are removing our Disney-only aspect, we will continue to maintain our family-friendly atmosphere. We think this is the best of both worlds -- maintain our community but get to talk about more mature games without all the nonsense and worry that all members of our families will not be able to participate.

I really do think you will like the new forums if you give them a try. Change is hard. We all know and understand. But there is no reason for us as a community to give up our camaraderie and friendships because Disney decided to close the game that brought us together. We shall move on (albeit with heavy hearts at first) and prevail!

~ Em

Cannonfury 10-03-2013 01:13 AM

Will there be a general forums or Sports?? college football preferably :D