Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Updates/Changes (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=158)
-   -   New Fonts (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11969)

Batleth 06-23-2009 08:37 AM

New Fonts

We've added 2 new fonts to the forums for your use. You'll have to have the fonts for them to be viewable here on the forums. Be sure to install:

Caribbean Island Font

Pieces of Eight Font

Be sure to unzip the files and download the font files into to your c:/windows/font/ folder. That's all there is to it. Then you'll be able to see the new fonts installed here on POF.

If you don't have these fonts installed, you'll see them just in some default font, like Times Roman or Verdana.

Aaron McEagle 06-23-2009 12:18 PM

Im lost.... it brought me to a website, I pressed allow then it put 4 files in a new folder? Still does not work. Did I do something wrong?

Juliana Maria 06-23-2009 02:13 PM

Nice!! I like it :) lol

Bartholomew Foulsteel 06-23-2009 02:22 PM

Got it! Thanks!

Andrew 06-23-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron McEagle (Post 145577)
Im lost.... it brought me to a website, I pressed allow then it put 4 files in a new folder? Still does not work. Did I do something wrong?

You will need to extract them to the font folder. As Batleth said, extract them to c:/windows/font/ folder

If if saved them in a folder, what you can do is go to Start menu > Control panel > Fonts and drag the 2 fonts into that folder.

Good luck mate!

Awesome job Bat! :D

Batleth 06-23-2009 05:19 PM

Just a note: If you are going to post in these pirate fonts, please use font size 3 or more. Guess some of us older pirates are having a hard time reading them if their too small.:bookishfj7:

Dr. Zeppers 06-23-2009 06:09 PM

Very cool fonts, thanks Bat!

Looks great!

A plus for those graphics artists out there.
These fonts (once installed) should now be available in your favorite graphics app!!
Use them on your avatars, sigs you create, etc. as well! ;)

Sarah 06-23-2009 06:16 PM

Either I am inept or somehow this works differently on Vista? I can't get it to work for me...

Sven Niscadae 06-23-2009 06:23 PM

Installing Fonts in Vista

1. Open Fonts by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Appearance and Personalization, and then clicking Fonts.
  2. Click File, and then click Install New Font. If you don’t see the File menu, press ALT.
  3. In the Add Fonts dialog box, under Drives, click the drive where the font that you want to install is located.
  4. Under Folders, double-click the folder containing the fonts that you want to add.
  5. Under List of fonts, click the font that you want to add, and then click Install.

Or just drag the file into C:\Windows\Fonts (should be there... ~.-)

Sarah 06-23-2009 06:33 PM

AH HA! Thanks Sven, that did it ;)

I tried the dragging thing, said the file wasn't a font file...whatever, works now.

Check is in the mail :)

MacIronhawk 06-23-2009 11:54 PM

EDIT: My computer was having some problems and it wouldn't let me get rid of the original folder for the pieces of eight font. It finally let me delete the original so the only thing left that's useful is the one installed and in the fonts area of my computer. Great new fonts!

Erich Uchiha 06-24-2009 01:15 AM

Great Job Bat! Just installed them both :D

Chris 06-24-2009 03:17 PM

Awesome!

If you need help installing fonts Disney (oddly enough) has a guide you can use. Go to http://www.disneyexperience.com/customize/fonts.php Scroll down to "Installing Fonts" then read the guide for your System. I use it everytime I need to intall a font its clear and easy.

Erich Uchiha 06-24-2009 04:34 PM

Thanks for posting that site Chris, I think im going on a Font Spree!
And also im using the Pieces of Eight font on my next signature. :dancetl6:

The Commodore 06-25-2009 04:49 PM

I like this. Pretty Cool.