Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ideas, Suggestions, and Rumors about POTCO (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=105)
-   -   Able to boot if you are the captain of a Regular Ship (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30690)

Richard Keelhawk 11-04-2011 03:12 AM

Able to boot if you are the captain of a Regular Ship

Hey ye all. I've had many " Wrong Doers " aboard my ship. And its a regular ship its weird you cannot boot people if you are the captain of a REGULAR ship! you can only do it on a privateering ship!:sadmh9: I think they should update it so you can boot people if you are the captain of a regular ship!! :skull:

Cannonfury 11-04-2011 03:59 AM

I dont think that should ever happen. People with big egos will start abusing the feature. Captains could use people to get their quests done/fill up the ship with gold....boot everyone and port. Bad idea.

Richard Keelhawk 11-04-2011 04:15 AM

Darn! thats gonna be difficult.

CharlesGoldburn 11-04-2011 04:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cannonfury (Post 353251)
I dont think that should ever happen. People with big egos will start abusing the feature. Captains could use people to get their quests done/fill up the ship with gold....boot everyone and port. Bad idea.

A good idea would be if the pirate would be booted they get booted with the loot they earned.

Back to Plundering :piratewheelgo2:

Ice_Storm 11-07-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlesGoldburn (Post 353261)
A good idea would be if the pirate would be booted they get booted with the loot they earned.

Back to Plundering :piratewheelgo2:

But then another problem would be created if players got loot after being booted off the ship.

That means this method could get broken by the developers and allow just teleporting off the ship when you have full cargo to be obtained on the island you teleported too, meaning the captain could also get his/her loot early.

I can't trust disney to program this right because they are using an outdated game engine with poor/unfinished documentation and the lacking intelligence crew of developers.

Cat Toy 11-07-2011 11:19 PM

I agree that there would be many who would abuse this feature. Why not have the captain able to select people to be vote kicked, everyone on the ship can vote yes or no. That way the captain doesn't hold all the power.

FightingExecutioner 11-08-2011 12:20 AM

The Captains of our ships would go power and money hungry if this feature was allowed. One drawback of the power hungry is they must face hunters alone :laughks2:. I agree with Cat Toy that maybe a kick vote must be made to get the opinion of the entire crew on the ship at the moment. And maybe as an added option, only two people kick votes per ship per voyage.

Ice_Storm 11-08-2011 02:10 AM

Ah, the "Kick" voting feature.

How I see it in many other online games I play...

Disney should keep up with the program and make major changes to their game client already.

Like verison upgrades. Not (._._._) value changes. Those barely have any noticeable changes.

Chalupa 11-08-2011 02:19 AM

I'd say report them works better than if you could boot them, people would definitely abuse booting.

Ice_Storm 11-08-2011 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chalupa (Post 353665)
I'd say report them works better than if you could boot them, people would definitely abuse booting.

Oh yeah, people will abuse booting and it'll make them think they have all the power if he tells most of the crew to vote "Yes" to the kick message window.

:|

Eliza Creststeel 02-10-2013 12:26 AM

If a captain was abusing the Boot, word would get out soon enough and folks wouldn't sail with them.

Kriss_Man1 02-10-2013 09:49 PM

Hmm,

Does anyone else see the folly with a Vote???

Imagine this, the Capt. is Plundering away on his ship, happens to be Public... All of a Sudden he attracts Hunters, NICE, now for some fine Materials, the initial point of the run.

Ugh! Griefer on board, he initiates a Vote to Boot the Capt. because he wants to Port for Gold, a few Low Levels agree... Suddenly the Ship is minus it's Capt. against a Bounty Hunter and is left dead in the water to Sink!

Poor Capt. is more than capable of handling the Pesky Hunters, but because he opened to Public he now has to dredge his ship outta Davy Jones Locker... Sure gonna inspire more captains to NOT Open to Public.

Kriss.

Bart Blueginty 02-11-2013 04:44 AM

This was originally in the game before, but it was abused and disney pulled it as pirates were abusing it. so my vote on this is NO definitely not

CarribeanThunder 02-11-2013 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kriss_Man1 (Post 378223)
Hmm,

Does anyone else see the folly with a Vote???

Imagine this, the Capt. is Plundering away on his ship, happens to be Public... All of a Sudden he attracts Hunters, NICE, now for some fine Materials, the initial point of the run.

Ugh! Griefer on board, he initiates a Vote to Boot the Capt. because he wants to Port for Gold, a few Low Levels agree... Suddenly the Ship is minus it's Capt. against a Bounty Hunter and is left dead in the water to Sink!

Poor Capt. is more than capable of handling the Pesky Hunters, but because he opened to Public he now has to dredge his ship outta Davy Jones Locker... Sure gonna inspire more captains to NOT Open to Public.

Kriss.

Simple solutions would be either the owner of the ship cannot be votekicked, or only the owner of the ship could call a votekick.

Kriss_Man1 02-11-2013 10:05 AM

Sadly,

Sailing these days is fraught with peril ; Between the "Hackers" who sink your ship and the "Hackers" who steal your ship...

Best to NOT bother with Public and Sail only with Trusted Friends on Quiet Servers. :p

Kriss.