Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Site Feedback (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Top navigation bar shifted to the right (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35158)

Darkstar14 03-10-2012 01:04 AM

Top navigation bar shifted to the right

I am using the "Jolly Roger" site layout/format. I think it is amazing, but the top navigation bar (The one that says "Home" "Forums" "Arrrcade", etc) is shifted to the right, and I mean REALLY shifted. I have to scroll all the way to the right to get to the rest of the navigation bar. Is there anyway I can fix this, or is this just a glitch in the site?

Batleth 03-10-2012 05:17 AM

As I've stated many times in site feedback threads, this just seems to happen to certain people for random reasons. Could be a combo of what type of browser they're using but I could never find a combo to cause that to happen with any regularity. I've been thru the header coding many, many, many times trying to find a glitch. I've never found anything out of the norm that we don't use on all of our sites on all of our skins. Just POF seems to be afflicted with this bug.

Platinum Pirate 03-10-2012 05:45 AM

I haven't had this problem at all. Granted, I have to scroll slightly to the right to see the rest of my screen's right side. I can see why: I'm still using a standard monitor. If I was using a wide screen monitor, I'd see the whole thing.

At another game I use to play, all the panels would jerk to the right very badly every time I switched pages in-game. It was a Chrome issue. Not sure who fixed it, the gaming company or Google, but it was finally fixed. Seems to be similar to that.

Problem could be coming from the user himself/ herself too. If it is, then my best possible advice is for them to update their browser. Most don't even know how to do it. Maybe we should have a thread giving them instructions on how to do it.

Captain Jason 03-12-2012 04:02 AM

This happens to me too. Do you use firefox? I usually use it too, and the same thing happens, but if I use internet explorer, then the problem isn't there anymore. I also can't upload pictures if I use firefox.

Darkstar14 03-12-2012 05:26 AM

Yes, I do use Firefox. I attempted to go on the site on Chrome, and I didn't have the problem. It's probably just Firefox.

Batleth 10-28-2012 02:07 PM

I got a new computer this weekend and finally was able to see this error in the header like some of you have been. Not sure why it wasn't showing up on my other computer or frankly, any other one I used to check for the bug...

Anyway, I tracked down that stay coding that was causing all the problems and deleted it. Adjusted and fixed several headers so they'll appear correctly now.

If anyone is still having this issue, please let me know so I can investigate further. Thank you.