Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Partners N Crime (PNC) (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Partner of the Week (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35425)

Captain Del 04-13-2012 08:08 PM

Partner of the Week

Ahoy partners!

After a long break from one of our guild's oldest traditions, I believe now is the perfect time to start anew and begin the old weekly cycle of honoring our fellow pirates once more with the reintroduction of Partner of the Week!

At the beginning of every week, a poll will be posted on the Partner of the Week Thread on the Guild Site, with a list of pirates who over the past week have shown the true qualities of a partner; kindness, loyalty, determination, leadership, and other inspiring attributes that are worthy of getting a pirate recognized! Over the course of the week, you, the partners in crime, will cast your votes deciding who you want to see honored for their work to help better the guild. Then, at the end of every week, the pirate with the most votes will be honored in a post on the Partner of the Week Thread on POForums, as well as a separate thread on the PNC Guild Site, for all the guild to revel in their hard work and dedication to being a partner in crime!

Just be aware that there are a few specifications that partners should be aware of when casting votes:
  • Only vote for pirates who deserve it! Do not vote for somebody because they are your best friend, vote for somebody that you know has had a positive effect on the guild.
  • Every partner in allowed TWO votes! You are allowed to vote for two separate pirates (though you don't have to,) but that's it!
  • You are allowed to nominate pirates to be on next week's poll, so long as you can provide a reason for their nomination. You CANNOT nominate yourself!
  • Try not to vote for yourself! It is tempting, yes, but please remember that the Partner of the Week is decided by the entire guild; if you deserve to be Partner of the Week, they'll make sure you know it :)

That's all there is to it!

The poll for the week is open, mates! Vote away!

~ Del

Captain Jorden 04-13-2012 11:36 PM

Goodie, starting this off!!! I'll be wise on who gets my vote!!!

Marry The Night 04-13-2012 11:48 PM

:O POTW is back! I'll go vote now.

Crimson Rose 04-14-2012 12:23 AM

Where to vote?

Chris Ironhawk 04-14-2012 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Rose (Post 368118)
Where to vote?

On the PNC site. The link is in one of the threads in the PNC Forum.

Crimson Rose 04-14-2012 04:00 PM

:zix0r9: Confused.

Are you saying there is a separate PnC website/forum?

Captain Del 04-14-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Rose (Post 368151)
:zix0r9: Confused.

Are you saying there is a separate PnC website/forum?

We have both a subforum here on POForums, and a private guild site dedicated solely for guild members. :piratear:

The guild site is located right here. Simply register yourself on the site, and once you're approved, you'll be able to take part in all the discussions that do not occur here - including voting for POTW :pirate.capta:

Captain Del 04-15-2012 07:30 PM

This week's Partner of the Week was a close tie between two of our finest guild mates! It was a tie between two of our partners right up until the end, until a final tie-breaking vote was casted that threw one of them in to this week's spotlight! And as such, this week's POTW is.....

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/...ahempotw-1.jpg

Mayhem Evermore! (Dark Pixie!)

Ever since the first day she joined the guild nearly a year ago (next month!,) Mayhem has been a valuable addition to our guild because of her sharp wit, barreling comedy, and tireless sense of commitment to being a dedicated part of the guild. Every time she is online, Mayhem is always the pirate that is ready to start another adventure, fight another foe, and of course, shallow a few more gallons of rum from our supply ("secretly.") Even though she lives far across the pond than most of the guild, and even runs a guild herself, she still manages to be an active member of the guild and continues to amaze the rest of the guild and I with her willingness to always befriend and interact with other pirates. A true friend to all pirates, indeed :)

Mayhem has recently been making the push to try and master potions, and initiative that I clearly seem to lack! To help give her a little push towards it, I dug in to my (very shallow) pockets and got Mayhem this handy-dandy new mixer, perhaps to make her mix up those potions a little faster! ;)

http://i1164.photobucket.com/albums/...tw_present.jpg

And of course, as Mayhem enjoys the splendor and spoils of being this week's Partner of the Week, she will be accompanied by our very own Pete the Parrot; may he guide you through the troubles and tribulations of the potions table to undisputed mixer mastery!

http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/u...cgm/parrot.gif

Oh, and one last thing....

Mayhem's tireless commitment and determination to help the guild even through her disposition over the Seven Seas has really been an inspiration to the guild Officers and I, and we truly believe that she has done a lot to better the guild. With the recent drop in Officership in the guild, we have been looking for a few new pirates to step up and take the reigns of the guild - and one of these pirates, we believe, could not be more deserving than to be Mayhem Evermore.

As an extra-special present to Miss Mayhem, I would like to formally offer you the position of Veteranship in Partners N Crime, so that you can begin your journey in furthering our guild to new heights!

Congratulations, Mayhem! You truly deserve it :)

CaptainMonkeys 04-15-2012 07:59 PM

Congrats, Mayhem! I enjoy talking to you the few times I get online and nobody else is; always nice to have somebody there and talking.

~Grace

Chris Ironhawk 04-15-2012 09:24 PM

CONGRATULATIONS, MAYHEM! You truly deserved this! Welcome to the staff, and may you better this guild to new levels.

LOVE FOREVER,
~Chris

AdmiralSavvy 04-15-2012 09:39 PM

CONGRATS MAYHEM! Lurking around the forums and I see THIS. I'm proud of you, Mayhem! :D You've certainly earned the promotion, and I'm sure you'll have no problems with your new position, but since Lady Luck should never be an unwelcome guest... best of luck! :buds:

The Stealthy Pirate 04-15-2012 09:51 PM

Congrats mayhem!

Dark_Pixie 04-15-2012 10:15 PM

Thank you guys!! I think this might be the best thing that's ever happened to me on POTCO. Seriously! I feel honoured to be a veteran, and honoured that I've been given this title for just being me (as Mayhem :P). You have no idea how much I spammed guild chat after looking at this thread. :D

Thank you for the mixer - it's been coming in handy already. And thank you everyone for your kind words above. It makes me feel so special. :)

And what a lovely picture of me. I see you chose one that makes me look real good. -.-

Marry The Night 04-15-2012 10:35 PM

Congrats Mayhem, and welcome to the staff! :buds:

And yes, that is a lovely picture of you. The mustache compliments your feminine face very nicely.

HammyTheSquirrel 04-15-2012 11:10 PM

Yay, Mayhem! Congrats of POTW and the Promo. :D You deserved it.