Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO WeaponSmith (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   Dual Swords (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35770)

Kale Grayhand 07-13-2012 01:44 PM

Dual Swords

This is an interesting idea for a new type of sword, I think, to go along with the cutlass, sabre, and broadsword. Dual swords would allow you to fight with two swords at once like you see with some of the French or Spanish undead. You would still have all the same weapon skills as you have with any other sword, but dual swords would have all different combo moves. Just an idea I had the other day. So, what do you think?
:forum smiley sword::agapirateju3:

Dark_Pixie 07-13-2012 02:12 PM

Yes yes yes yes yes yes YES.

This idea has been put forward a few times, and seeing the undead with them, I think they could come to the game at some point. I would love dual swords.

Davy_Mcwrecker 07-13-2012 03:26 PM

Dual Rusty Cutlasses are in the Pirates Inventory Information Stuff Aslkh dkalwgaw by Speedway Master. And I'd like to have some.

HammyTheSquirrel 07-13-2012 03:26 PM

This would be an awesome feature to add to the game! It would make the fighting much more immersive and fun. (especially if you have a Behemoth Blade and World Eater Blade put together. o_o) There could also be some blocking skills added in since you could use one sword to block and attack with the other. ;)

Slasher 07-17-2012 07:18 PM

It would be very awesome to have dual swords. There could be whole entirely new sets, and it would be so different looking. I really hope this comes out. These new styles are what can make POTCO even better.

Platinum Pirate 07-18-2012 12:11 PM

They might do it. Then again, they may not since some weapons are meant for NPCs to use. I personally like the idea. In fact, I suggested long ago to let our pirates have dual-wielding abilities. Next thing I know POTCO gave it to those French and Spanish Undead enemies instead. Those French Lieutenants and Spanish Piratas use to be a Gypsy class. I missed it then as I still do today. I don't see much of a difference for all 4 French/ Spanish types. The French like to kick while the Spanish like to swing is all I see.

At least we have throwing knives to dual wield with. :P

Dark_Pixie 07-18-2012 04:17 PM

I think there would have to be separate weapons for you to equip as double swords. Being able to equip two swords that can be used as one too will defeat the purpose of one sword wielding. They would have to have their own stats.

Slasher 07-19-2012 12:50 AM

And thus comes my response to peoples quote time...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum Pirate (Post 371650)
They might do it. Then again, they may not since some weapons are meant for NPCs to use.

True. But it still would be really fun. Show them how it feels! :th1287fm4:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platinum Pirate (Post 371650)
I don't see much of a difference for all 4 French/ Spanish types. The French like to kick while the Spanish like to swing is all I see.[/FONT="Times New Roman"][/SIZE="4"]

I noticed that too. Maybe the Spanish just want to get it over faster.. :degen: If it does come out, I'm sure we should be able to use both kinds..

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark_Pixie (Post 371655)
I think there would have to be separate weapons for you to equip as double swords. Being able to equip two swords that can be used as one too will defeat the purpose of one sword wielding. They would have to have their own stats.

Yeah, because otherwise it would probably become way to powerful. Example, dual World Eaters? Scary stuff there.. :psmiley27: It would be a totally different class then. Again, otherwise people would pick up from mastered single sword wielding.