Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   News Archive (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Eerie Chill Spreads Across the Caribbean (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40411)

Bart Blueginty 09-07-2013 02:04 AM

Eerie Chill Spreads Across the Caribbean

Jolly Roger casts his supernatural chill over the islands this week, no doubt rallying to overrun the Caribbean in one final strike!

http://a.disney.go.com/pirates/onlin...on_general.jpg

As that vile villain prepares to unleash his macabre mayhem, gather yer new weapons to repel those undead hordes – and redeem these codes to add
another powerful pair to yer inventory

http://a.disney.go.com/pirates/onlin...6-curse-jr.jpg

barbossa – claim Barbossa's Fury
(Legendary repeater)

elpatron – claim the Lost Sword of El Patron
(Legendary cutlass)

Ye swashbucklers should now be fully stocked to scuttle the bones of all invading forces!

Little does Jolly Roger realize that we Pirates enjoy nothing better than plundering in this spooky atmosphere.
We even have our own dance for it. Charm yer Pirate into an eerie trance by entering /zombie into your chat window!

CarribeanThunder 09-07-2013 03:05 AM

Hate to say it, but I can say it right now that the Barbossa's Fury tops the Silver Freeze as the lowest ranking Legendary weapon.
Don't get me wrong, it's not bad. You can use it from a Lv14 pistol and on, so it's the first sign that it's not that great. 26 base Attack is fairly average. It has FOUR barrels to shoot off. It has a High Chance to deal a critical strike!

But where it goes downhill is its special attack. Rapid Fire. While it sounds like an impressive skill, it truly isn't. The damage dealt with it is so low, you're better off never using it.

The pistol model, though, is beautiful. So the weapon gets a 4/5.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~
Edit: Also, I'm rather outraged by the fact that they made a code for the Lost Sword. It took me since they were first released to a month before the game closes to get the sword from loot dropped by General Darkhart. And then maybe two weeks later they give out a code that just gives you the sword. I think of all the things Disney could have done, this is by far the worst. Heart of Padres Del Fuego was enough - it was too good a sword to even be a code sword anyway. But this code just ruins it.

And of course, they won't make codes for the legendary Cursed Blades. Because I don't have them. So why would they make those a code? That would mean I would have a chance to get them.

Marry The Night 09-07-2013 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarribeanThunder (Post 380304)
Edit: Also, I'm rather outraged by the fact that they made a code for the Lost Sword. It took me since they were first released to a month before the game closes to get the sword from loot dropped by General Darkhart. And then maybe two weeks later they give out a code that just gives you the sword. I think of all the things Disney could have done, this is by far the worst. Heart of Padres Del Fuego was enough - it was too good a sword to even be a code sword anyway. But this code just ruins it.

I completely agree. I was pretty surprised when they first released the Heart of Padres, but at least it was a new weapon rather than something that can already be found in loot. There are plenty of other weapons they could have released as a code rather than the Lost Sword of El Patron... like Jack Sparrow's Blade (which would ahve actually made sense to accompany Barbossa's Fury), or one of those dozens of famed staffs in the phase files. I dunno. I just... feel like this is a sign that they're gonna start releasing weapons people have worked hard for as codes. And I really don't like that.

I hope them releasing Barbossa's Fury means they intend on releasing more of the character weapons in the phase files, though... I'm particularly interested in the Davy Jones and Tia Dalma dolls and Calypso's Radiance.

Platinum Pirate 09-07-2013 11:55 AM

Only 11 days left to pirate and they'll keep determining what goodies to release as they deem fit. They don't care who they tick off or disappoint. Game's over. Enjoy what's given until the last day or leave at once. It is their game after all. It was never ours to begin with. This is true for all online games.

Now, the day I see Infinity fizzle out is the day I will truly rejoice. I will laugh so hard because the kids got bored with it fast and the parents refused to buy anymore expensive figurines with those toy boxes. Comeuppance has a way of rewarding such types. rofl

Wolfpirate2546 09-08-2013 11:27 PM

The end is nigh

Well, I don't like how they're just giving away these weapons. It's not in the spirit of the game. However, we should live it up while we can.
Eat, Drink, and be happy, for on the 19, we all die.:laughks2:

Platinum Pirate 09-09-2013 08:06 PM

Strangely, there are less than 83 hours left for all special events including the fireworks, double loot, double gold. Looks like we will all die a little early if their clock is correct. WTG POTCO! No wonder you gave these legendary weapons away so no one will notice that the game will end earlier than announced.

Meanwhile the Caribbean is plagued with chickens, wasps, and dogs left by their owners. Someone contact animal control before we all come down with something more eerie than the weather. :P