Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Old Tips, Tactics, and Guides (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Infamy (how to get easy infamy points) (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23846)

finn 04-27-2011 02:18 AM

Infamy (how to get easy infamy points)

step 1: make a second pirate account

step 2: download a second launcher (or just have a launcher and use the internet browser version)

step 3: log on to both accounts and the pirates u wanna lvl up the infamy of

step 4: find ur other pirate

step 5: crew eachother

step 6: start a game of mayhem

step 7: have 1 pirate kill the other pirate until time runs out

and u can use no type of game other than mayhem

u may repeat steps 3-7/4-7 as many times as u want

:piratetongueor4:

Captain Lightflame 04-27-2011 11:06 AM

what challenge fun is that i think play against another real player is much better for real to see how u stack up.

isnear 04-27-2011 02:18 PM

doesn't work...

My paid account has all level 50s.

The highest character I have in an unpaid account is 27.

You can't get infamy points killing a level 27 with a level 50 over and over.

So how do YOU do it?

phishy2na 04-27-2011 02:49 PM

Dunno how come people dont go get infamy the proper way! That is what it is there for, as a badge of honor showing that you EARNED it... I get people asking me all the time to lose matches on purpose to give them infamy, and I will never do it.

I earned my War Master and Admiral badges, and I did it the right way. I dont understand why anybody would want to wear a badge they cannot be proud of because they didnt earn it.......

Mr. Skiperdoo 04-27-2011 03:37 PM

I agree with Phishy! What is a badge used for? It's to show that you accomplished something, and that you've tried your hardest, and that this badge is meant to represent that in the end, you've succeded with your mission. Cheating or taking shortcuts just means that you lost your integrity, and we all know we can't lose any of that.

Badges are something you're supposed to be proud of, but how can you be proud of cheating? Cheating is fine if you're doing a game without other real people in it, it offers a fun way to play the game as if you're much more powerful than you really are. But I find it detestable in a game where you have other people doing it honestly, maybe even looking up to cheating if they feel it's right.

All in all, no offense, but this isn't the way to do it. You should do it honestly, or the badge loses all value.

~Mr. Skip

Ultima 04-27-2011 10:15 PM

I like to pvp for the infamy and I prefer to go agenst real people to earn that infamy you need
to earn the bages properly so you can be proud of your acheaments.

finn 04-27-2011 11:06 PM

i only use the badges u buy stuff lol

finn 04-27-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isnear (Post 321166)
doesn't work...

My paid account has all level 50s.

The highest character I have in an unpaid account is 27.

You can't get infamy points killing a level 27 with a level 50 over and over.

So how do YOU do it?

i use my lvl 32 account and have him fight either my master or my lvl 39 (usually lvl 39 for the speed)

and now u can get 1 infamy for killing anyone

titanic95594 04-27-2011 11:44 PM

Well heres a reason why that will not work.

1. Disney made it where you can't log in 2 pirates under the same account in the same time.

That COULD only work if you have two different accounts and computers. But it would not be so fun and challenging.

Captain Del 04-28-2011 01:17 AM

I consider this cheating, in my opinion.

The point of PvP is so that you can try to beat your opponent - whether that means overpowering them, outwitting them, or anything along those lines. It's by proving that you can dominate your opponents in battle that you deserve to rise through the ranks, and claim the ever-covetted badge of War Master.

That being said, not only do I consider killing "yourself" over and over again cheating, but also allowing pirates to boost off one another, by allowing them to sit there and let them take turns killing each other. Both are similar, and equally as bad - after all, what's the point of a badge that indicates skill, when you achieve it by doing something as easy and repetitive as literally being HANDED Infamy points.

If you really need Infamy badly, do what my guild mates and I do. Get a large group of friends, equip yourselves with good weapons (preferably broadswords,) and have an all out "mosh pit" as we call it - constant fighting, constant killing. At least this way, you're actually fighting for your own survival.

It's not that hard to get PvP Infamy if you explore all your options, and especially can be done without abusing the system.

finn 04-28-2011 01:21 AM

im in a small guild but i see your point and i will not wear my badge i will wear the badge that i actually earned

Davy Bluekidd 05-24-2011 02:38 AM

I personally think this is a good idea for land PVP... I mean it's nearly impossible to get into a match using lookout without a buddy, and even then. You might get some person who quits mid match because he is losing. It might be "unfair" if a lot more people played land PVP, but for now, it's a good idea.

Captian Blimey John 07-18-2011 12:44 PM

The term for this (I believe the fans from an fps coined it) is Boosting, it most certainly is cheating, and it's the reason you see level 38 fellas with war master skulls.

akamystic 07-18-2011 05:47 PM

I say play the way it is intended. Using 2 accounts holds no challenge. The rewards should be earned not handed over.

Mr. Awesome 07-18-2011 05:56 PM

Not only is it absolutely , 100%, cowardly/cheating, but it must be extremely boring too.

And lets be the honest, the only person that actually cares about your Infamy Badge is you.