Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Aft (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Capture Luther Quest (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=771)

Dennis 05-06-2007 01:49 AM

Capture Luther Quest

So just how many ships do you have to sink for this quest? I must have sunk at least six ships off Tortuga. Is there anything I'm doing wrong??

NormanTJ 05-06-2007 01:52 AM

Luther...is this the quest to catch and maroon that captain? If so, then you need to approach a British ship, take out it's sails (Most of the time) and then hit it repeatedly with a grappling hook.

MissMarple 05-06-2007 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis (Post 6235)
So just how many ships do you have to sink for this quest? I must have sunk at least six ships off Tortuga. Is there anything I'm doing wrong??

As many as it takes :) Sorry could not resist that...its late and I am tired. Seems to me that on one character I got him on the first ship I sunk and on another it took me days...so I guess it is the luck of the draw.
All you have to do is keep sinking navy ships til he climbs aboard yours to escape those briny depths.

Dennis 05-06-2007 02:54 AM

Thanks for the info. Now if only I can stop freezing up during a battle, maybe I can finish the quest. :mad:

Dennis 05-06-2007 09:03 PM

Is it any specific ship I nned to destroy or is it random. And what are the ships without the red lettering above them? The ones with the gray names? Are they targets too? Are those the ones I need to destroy to capture Luther?

searage 05-06-2007 10:19 PM

The red named ships are Navy ships. Those are what you want to sink.

The gray named ships are EITC, East India Trading Co. You can sink them and get plunder, but you'll never find Luther on one!

Oh, and I think if you read the quest closely, it says there is a specific type of ship he'll be on, like "Frigates" or "Galleons" just sink ships of that type if you're in a hurry to find him!

soeasilyamused 05-07-2007 07:09 PM

Luther was on the second ship I sunk, and I didn't have to mess around with any grappling hook malarkey. I just sunk it, and the quest completed. I did have to go to the island where Barbossa is, but all I had to do there was click the "Dock & End Adventure" button. Didn't have to get off the ship.

I think the ship he was on was a low-level sloop, i.e. Navy Ferret or the like.

Dennis 05-07-2007 07:26 PM

I've been sinking ships off of Tortuga and Port Royal with no luck. I guess I'll just keep sinking ships until I see those magic words...QUEST COMPLETED".

Edit: So I was in the middle of sinking yet another ship when I froze up. I re-booted and got back in the game. As I came back on, I got a message that said that I had captured Luther and the task was complete. Go figure.
Now I have to win 80 gold playing Blackjack. Where the heck do I go to play?

Amasette 05-08-2007 04:49 AM

Ooo...you finally had luck with this one. (I've been watching this thread--I'm on the same task, having the same trouble...) Well, I certainly freeze up enough...but will it lead to Luther for me....

MissMarple 05-08-2007 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennis (Post 6358)
So I was in the middle of sinking yet another ship when I froze up. I re-booted and got back in the game. As I came back on, I got a message that said that I had captured Luther and the task was complete. Go figure.
Now I have to win 80 gold playing Blackjack. Where the heck do I go to play?

You can play blackjack in the tavern in Port Royal across from the Gypsy Mystic that sells the voodoo dolls. The other tavern always has a poker game going on.