Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO's Tips, Tactics, and Guides (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=77)
-   -   enemy checklist/guide (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4281)

Davy 10-16-2007 02:47 AM

Open Server Enemies List

Here are the Open Server enemies:

Land Enemies:

Navy:

Navy (?)
Cadet
Guard
Sergeant
Veteran
Officer

Lord Beckett:

Thug
Grunt
Mercenary
Hired-gun
Assassin

Jolly Roger:

Undead Gravedigger
Undead Bandit
Undead Pirate
Undead Witchdoctor
Undead Brigand
Undead Grenadier
Undead Captain (?)
Undead Gypsy
Undead Raider
Kelpbrain
Seabeard
Mollusk
Dregs
Flotsam
Urchinfist
Spineskull
Brinescum
Dredge (?)
Spanish Undeads
French Undeads

Animals and Plants:

Flytrap
Swamp Alligator
Big Gator
Huge Alligator
Stump
Giant Scorpion
Dread Scorpion
Dire Wasp
Dread Wasp
Terror Wasp
Sand Crab
Rock Crab
Giant Crab
Cave Bat
Vampire Bat

Ships:

Navy:

Navy Ferret - Light Sloop
Navy Bulwark - Light Galleon
Navy Panther - Light Frigate
Navy Greyhound - Sloop
Navy Vanguard - Galleon
Navy Centurion - Frigate
Navy Kingfisher - War Sloop
Navy Predator - War Sloop
Navy Colossus - War Galleon
Navy Monarch - War Galleon
Navy Man-o-War - War Frigate
Navy Dreadnaught - War Frigate

EITC:

EITC Sea Viper - Light Sloop
EITC Sentinel - Light Galleon
EITC Corvette - Light Frigate
EITC Bloodhound - Sloop
EITC Ironwall - Galleon
EITC Marauder - Frigate
EITC Barracuda - War Sloop
EITC Corsair - War Sloop
EITC ???? - War Galleon
EITC Ogre - War Galleon
EITC Juggernaut - War Frigate
EITC Warlord - War Frigate

Ghost:

Phantom - War Frigate
Storm Reaper - War Frigate
Black Harbinger - War Frigate
Revenant - War Frigate
Spanish Ghost Ships
French Ghost Ships

Quest enemies and ships:

The Black Pearl - 1-25, depending on captain's sailing level.
Jolly Roger - Level ???
Lord Beckett - Level ???
Goliath - Level 40-50

If you have any more enemies or ships, please let me know. Fair winds, mate!

Rugs00 03-02-2008 04:23 AM

I intend for this to be a large guide on all creatures/monsters/soldiers to be found in POTCO. Corrections, suggestions and comments are really appreciated, by the way. I'll be editing this constantly.

Edits already intended:

Adding a picture of each enemy
Alphabetizing
Adding level ranges for each enemy
Adding descriptions for each enemy
Completing guide

Guide History:

March 2nd, 2008: Guide started. I've done a whole lot of work, considering I just started it today. But lots more to do!
March 4th, 2008: Edited in some information people gave me, including the Tormenta gang. Created a Contributors list.

Contributors (Thank You!):

Samantha Wildhound
Angel

Undead Raider
Found: Cutthroat Isle, Padres Del Fuego
Type: Undead
Melee: Yes
Ranged: No
Difficulty: Hard
Description: A high level Undead. Anyone in their low-mid levels of Notoriety will want to avoid these for some time. Usual Undead drops, plus a bit more average gold.

Fly Trap
Found: Cutthroat Isle, Cuba
Type: Unknown
Ranged: Yes
Difficulty: Easy/Medium
Description: Stationary enemies, which make running away a lot easier--except for the fact that these weeds love to spit corrosive poison at you, and it, at the moment, seems able to go long range, and even through walls/trees/anything! They vary in level by a lot.

Cave Bat
Found: Tortuga, Port Royal, Padres Del Fuego, Isle de Tormenta
Difficulty: Easy
Description: Used for many quests, but besides that, are pushovers.

Vampire Bats
Found: Tortuga, Port Royal, Padres Del Fuego, Isle de Tormenta
Description: Usually around level 10, give or take a few levels. Though a quest may want Cave Bat wings, you can get them off these bats, too, I believe.

Cadet
Found: Port Royal, Tortuga, High Seas
Type: Navy Soldier, Living
Description: Quite common, and something you'll run into a lot when you first start out. Once it gets to the point where you don't even get 1 rep from these guys, or any bit of gold, you'll stop even blinking at these pushovers.

Guard
Found: Port Royal, Tortuga, High Seas
Description: The next step up from Cadets. These are less common, but twice the level, usually. No real difference besides HP from Cadets.

Sargeant
Found: Port Royal, Tortuga, Kingshead, High Seas
Description: The next step up from Guards. These can be found in any fort, shining the shoes of Veterans. They range in levels a bit, but are at least a few above Guards.

Veteran
Found: Port Royal, Tortuga, Kingshead, High Seas
Difficulty: Medium
Description: The next step up from Sargeant. Can be found in any fort, with the Cadets on their leash. They're usually level 15-18. They drop roughly 7-24 gold.

Stump
Found: Cutthroat Isle, Outcast Isle
Description: Stumps definently win the prettiest monster on this list. And the most ecofriendly. They are above level 30, and can only be found on Cutthroat Island. Low-Med levels should run at the sight of these, or bring a change of pants.

Undead Gravedigger
Found: Port Royal, Tortuga
Description: Low level undead. Fall apart if you blow on them.

Undead Bandit
Found: Tortuga, Port Royal
Description: Low level Undead. A bit more aggressive than their weaker counterparts.

Undead Witchdoctor
Found: Tortuga, Port Royal, Cutthroat Isle, Padres Del Fuego
Melee: No
Difficulty: Easy/Medium
Descriptions: Uses a voodoo doll to poke you from a distance. Range from level 9-13, roughly.

Undead Brigand
Found: Tortuga, Cutthroat Isle, Padres Del Fuego
Description: This is the first undead who'll give you any real trouble. They're usually in groups of more than one, and they like to go for you :P Roughly 20 gold can be dropped from these guys, but it might not be worth your trouble if you're not a much higher level than them.

Undead Grenadier
Found: Tortuga, Cutthroat Isle, Padres Del Fuego
Description: Usually around level 20, Grenadiers can be irritating, since they can attack with grenades, and you can't see their attacks. They just stare at you, and you take damage! It seems looks can kill.

Undead Gypsy
Found: Padres Del Fuego, Cutthroat Isle
Difficulty: Medium-Hard
Description: High level Undead.

Undead Pirate
Found: Tortuga, Port Royal, Padres Del Fuego
Description: One of the many undead goons you'll find throughout your swashbuckling adventures. Pretty similar to other undead, except they're higher levels than bandits and gravediggers.

Swamp Alligator
Found: Tortuga, Cuba
Description: They're like flies if you're on Cuba. They're EVERYwhere. They don't drop much, and are usually hard to see, if they're not on land, because they're so short on their bellies :P

Big Gator
Found: Tortuga, Cuba, Cutthroat Isle
Description: Found not so often on Cuba, and more often on Cutthroat. Pretty much just a Gator who works out too much.

Huge Alligator
Found: Cutthroat Isle, Cuba
Description: The highest form of the Pokemon Alligatormon! The Charizard of swamp alligators, if you will. Quite easy to defeat them. And they're delicious, too! Swamp Gators on steroids.

Thug
Found: Tortuga, Port Royal, High Seas
Type: EITC Soldier, Living
[U]Ranged[/U]: No
Description: The EITC's version of Cadets. These guys pilot EITC ships, and are usually around level 8. They shouldn't give you much trouble.

Dire Wasp
Found: Isla Perdida, Driftwood Island, Rumrunners Isle
Description: A little annoying mosquito, buzzing in your ear. They'll poison you, and seem to love to chase you when you try to run away.

Terror Wasp
Found: Isla Perdida
Description: These are able to poison you, and are a good bit more powerful than dire wasps. You need one big flyswatter for these. And by flyswatter I mean sword.

Sand Crab
Found: Driftwood Island, Rumrunner Isle, Devil's Anvil, Isle Cangrejos, Cutthroat Isle, Outcast Isle
Description: Barely even worth killing, unless you're just minutes into the game. Only reason you should kill these is to fry em' up over a fire!

Rock Crab
Found: Driftwood Island, Rumrunner's Isle, Devil's Anvil, Isle Cangrejos, Isla Tormenta, Cutthroat Isle, Outcast Isle
Description: A number of levels higher than Sand Crabs, and can always be found near them, as well.

Giant Crab
Found: Driftwood Island, Rumrunner's Isle, Devil's Anvil, Isle Cangrejos, Isla Tormenta, Cutthroat Isle, Outcast Isle
Description: Big ol' seafood. Usually above level 20. If you're a low level, avoid these.

Giant Scorpion
Found: Rumrunner's Isle, Devil's Island, Outcast Isle, Padres Del Fuego, Tortuga, Port Royal
Description: Quite common. These range in level a bit, but can be found in great number at their nest below Tortuga.

Dread Scorpion
Found: Rumrunner's Isle, Cutthroat Isle, Outcast Isle
Description: Able to poison you. A buffed up scorpion.

Kelpbrain
Found: Isle de Tormenta
Description: Usually between level 29 and 32. These are dual-wielding. From afar, they use a dagger, and up close, a cutlass.

Seabeard
Description: Watch out for their Bladestorm! These baddies are high level, usually between 32 and 36, and are skilled with a cutlass.

Brinescum
Description: Brinescum use a voodoo doll, and are usually level 30 or above.

Spineskull
Description: Usually level 27-29, Spineskulls use grenades.

Mollusk
Description: High level doll users, Mollusks are able to use Life Drain, and are usually between level 34 and 38.

Urchinfist
Description: Urchinfists are grenade users, and usually between level 36 and 40.

shadowypirate 03-31-2008 03:59 PM

enemy checklist/guide

Here's something i put together, thought you all might like a copy.

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z...x/enemies1.jpg

Captain Fireskull 03-31-2008 04:14 PM

This is great! ill use it from now on, thanks :psmiley27:

:psmiley27:
Awesome, but 1 thing, you forgot Navy Officers, there level 20+ i believe, medium difficuly, found at kingshead and padres del fuego, ranged yes, mele yes and Description: your basic navy officer, level 20+ and can be annoying at times

Eustace the Monk 03-31-2008 05:06 PM

Nice. Very well put together. I would like to see the enemy levels table expanded on. I get a lot of questions about that, but always just give a guesstimate. Thanks for providing this to us.

Loot Hard!

shadowypirate 03-31-2008 05:34 PM

Well this is more for the quests, say like to defeat 5 level 7 undead critters. You can see what may be a level 7 and where those critters lurk.

Dr. Zeppers 03-31-2008 11:36 PM

If you go deep enough into the fortress at kings head, you will find plenty of assassin's, and mercenaries, as well as high level officers.

I found a room there, that appeared to spawn them the moment you entered the room.

LOL, I ran!!!

FortuneRed 04-03-2008 11:52 PM

This really helped, thanks a bunch.

Random1 04-04-2008 03:18 PM

Stumps are also at....erm....Outcast and El sudoron (in padres del fuego)

almostsane1 04-24-2008 08:04 PM

this is a fantasic post! thanks for all the hard work you put into this.

fotogenieguy 04-28-2008 06:25 PM

I just got a new one. Josie Macreedy's work for hire quest has me looking for 6 Sea Serpents. I haven't seen any of these so I don't know if they are a part of Davy Jones' crew or a ship. Johnny McVanes' quest has me looking for 10 Seabeards so I know they are different. Anyone know what I need to be looking for reference the Sea serpents????

http://inlinethumb34.webshots.com/30...500x500Q85.jpg

Lady Freckles 05-04-2008 10:23 PM

Nice chart, thanks for posting it. It's really helpful for me right now as I've been away from the game for a while and forgotten where to find a lot of 'critters.' Although, the new quests have certainly reminded where Huger Gators, Dread Scorpions etc etc can be found ... ;)

Eustace the Monk 05-04-2008 10:31 PM

Thanks for making this one Sticky. Hopefully there will be fewer questions on where to find which beastie now. Hopefully.

Loot Hard!

Lady Freckles 05-04-2008 10:40 PM

I've said it before, I'll say it again I'm sure - the Search button is your friend!

:laughks2:

Eustace the Monk 05-04-2008 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Freckles (Post 38261)
I've said it before, I'll say it again I'm sure - the Search button is your friend!

I just wish there was an option to include all search words or any search words. It is kind of rough sorting through them if it will take 1 word or another or both. Also, I noticed the minimum word length for a search is 4 characters. This makes it difficult for Mac users to find posts relating to their systems. Maybe there is a way to add Mac as an exception to the 4 character limitation. And no, I do not have a Mac.

BTW. You may delete this post when you read it, since I went off topic, or I will. :)

Loot Hard!