Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Dead Polly (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Which Update made the Biggest Impact on the Game? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27569)

Captain Del 08-08-2011 09:53 PM

Which Update made the Biggest Impact on the Game?

Every great update brings something new to the game - a new challenge to face, new horizons to explore, and sometimes, it may even change the game as we know it. Compared to the beginning, this game has undergone a lot of changes - but which update, do you think, has made the biggest impact on the game?

I went through the old News Articles and compiled a list of the updates that, per say, made the "biggest splash" in the game - now, it's up for you to decide which one made the game what it is today.

(The poll was, for some odd reason, not put up, so here's that nifty list I had made:)

- The Black Pearl Boss Battle - 5 Votes
- Weapons/Clothing/Fortune Quests - 1 Vote
- Privateering
- Island/Cave Redesign
- Jolly Roger's Invasions
- Expedition Fleets
- Notoriety/Weapon Cap Increase
- Inventory Release - 4 Vote
- Raven's Cove Quest
- Scoundrel of the Seas
- Other (Explain)

The Skirata Clan 08-09-2011 12:38 AM

I would have to say the Black Pearl Boss Battle. Because that completed a cycle that most of us waited while a lot others just left due to the incomplete quest. Besides that One Chapter keeps many (with lower level/new pirates) with something to do other than hanging out and plundering/leveling.

akamystic 08-09-2011 12:47 AM

The Black Pearl ....although the quest was too long (IMO)...the anticipation did build....and it felt awesome to complete it. Especially after you get your leadership button. Makes a Pirate feel good to see his ship glow.

ukebec 08-09-2011 01:27 AM

I agree. The Black Pearl Boss Battle. It is the culmination of the first chapter.

CarribeanThunder 08-09-2011 01:56 AM

Boss Battle. It's definitely a perfect example for battles, and if this was used as a practice run for future Bosses, then they did well. Except that they made it easier. Then they just screwed that up....

And just because I can, I'd say Invasions made the second biggest, with Fleets coming in third.

Captain Sharktooth 08-09-2011 02:02 AM

The Black Pearl Boss Battle is definitely the most significant part of the game, but I wouldn't say it's the best update. It's really always been here since the game started, and I would have to say Weapons, Clothing, and Fortune Quests has kept a lot of players still in-game (mostly the weapons).

Captain Del 08-09-2011 02:30 AM

Quote:

It's really always been here since the game started, and I would have to say Weapons, Clothing, and Fortune Quests has kept a lot of players still in-game (mostly the weapons).
Not technically - the Boss Battle was constantly being taken in and out of game, until it was taken out for a few months until it was re-released.

Captain Jason 08-09-2011 02:55 AM

I'm thinking inventory for some reason. I think that really made a huge impact.

Davy_Mcwrecker 08-09-2011 03:33 AM

Inventory.
'Nuff said.

The Skirata Clan 08-09-2011 03:49 AM

I was thinking that the answers of this poll will vary accordingly to the time the start to play the game.

Captain Sharktooth 08-09-2011 10:54 PM

Also, (even though I completed my Black Pearl Boss Battle at level 28) many pirates do not even care about the Boss Battle, and I've seen many high level pirates who aren't even close to finishing. That's why I think the weapon expansion was a better update for Disney. But, (this isn't a choice) bringing the ability to create and join a guild was also a big update to this game. :D

Pirate Guy 08-09-2011 11:12 PM

I think that even though I didn't like it as much, the weapon releases were the biggest impact. I guarantee a TON of people joined/stayed in the game, solely to loot.

The Stealthy Pirate 08-09-2011 11:17 PM

Boss Battle. It has made the biggest impact in the game, and people still do it for fun.

Captian Blimey John 08-10-2011 08:03 PM

The boss battle was an update? I always remembered it being part of the game... since January of 08. But even in light of the Boss Battle, I still think that the inventory was the biggest game update. Face it folks, it really changed the game. Going from 4 different weapons in every category (Besides grenades, which had and still only has 1) to dozens per category, finding treasure and weapons from land and sea, weapon quality, clothing drops, ammo drops... it's so monumental it even beats a boss battle.

combatlizzy 08-10-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Sharktooth (Post 342920)
Also, (even though I completed my Black Pearl Boss Battle at level 28) many pirates do not even care about the Boss Battle, and I've seen many high level pirates who aren't even close to finishing. That's why I think the weapon expansion was a better update for Disney. But, (this isn't a choice) bringing the ability to create and join a guild was also a big update to this game. :D

Many pirates prefer to level before doing the Pearl Quest. My first pirate did the Pearl quest first, but since then I level first. It seems my pirates are much stronger and it makes the Pearl easier to finish. That said-it's really difficult for me to choose. I imagine the weapons, inventory expansion, & "Scoundrels" are my favorites. But can't narrow it down more than that. :psmiley27: