Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Polls & Surveys (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   How satisfied are you? (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32791)

leo 12-30-2011 02:14 AM

How satisfied are you?

A lot has happened over the year but What do you think about the Progress of POTCO over 2011. Do you think Disney did a great job, bad, or somewhat in the middle. Explain if you may, please.

This is a closed poll so be honest please. Also keep in mind that its Only for the year 2011. Don't share if ye wish to keep your vote secret.

Marry The Night 01-01-2012 01:46 AM

I think Disney did a great job this year. Infamy and its rewards are nice, Scoundrel of the Seas completely changed how we plunder, and they ended the year with a bang by releasing ship customization. Yes, there were bugs here and there, but bugs and glitches are natural to any game. Bugs can be fixed and I don't see them as a permanent game-breaker (and that's probably what sets me apart from most of the Testers).

Tiberius Fireskull 01-01-2012 02:32 AM

To keep my post somewhat simple, I think that the content itself was stupendous and quite outstanding. I mean, ship customization, which we have waited since the beginning of time itself for, came out. That in itself is amazing for me. Infamy was really fun too and gave me and a lot of others a reason to SvS or PvP, if not just for the badges and awards. Scoundrel of the Seas is also really fun. I love fighting against hunters and Warships; it really adds a fun challenge and a bit of adrenaline to sailing.

My vote is somewhat in between Excellent and Good. I think that the content was outstanding; however, there could have been more bug fixes. Either way I think that it was a good year.

Dark_Pixie 01-01-2012 02:56 AM

I'm with Tib for my verdict this year. I voted excellent, because yes, there were bugs, but they were pretty minor (at least for me anyway). I've been on POTCO for nearly two years, and I think this year was far better than 2010's updates. Improvement is vital for an online game, and boy did Disney deliver.

2011 has been a good year for Pirates, with a lot more publicity with On Stranger Tides coming out, and they've sure noticed this opportunity and they took it. Brilliant updates this year, and the only complaints I had have already been addressed. Happy new year!

leo 01-01-2012 03:21 AM

For me, it was between Fair and Poor. My final choice was Fair.

As far as content goes, they did okay but it could of been better for 12 months of development.

But thinking back, they fixed very little and added many more problems to POTCO. Didn't fix much from old bugs either...

To name some of the major issues: (not all are new but all unfixed)
-Big failure of Ship customization where Rigging upgrades don't boost time in skills. Known on test to...
-No solution to lag... Cant have a good event with fellow pirates without a lag panic.
-Many disconnections and messed up servers. Removed servers too.
-Leadership is messed up.
-Boarding permission is messed up.
-Many game closures.
-A major game setback that lasted more than a week.
-Swift Foot Glitch
-A directory that doesn't work for 80% of the time. Sometimes, same thing with leaderboards
I could continue naming problems but you can see my point....

Major issues fixed:
-Daggers glitches which...was used a as a cheat for a good few months to speed sailing skills.
-Repair Glitch
-Pirate limit on ships
I don't know any other Major fixes but there might be a few more.

Content added:
-Infamy
-Queen Anne's Revenge
-Scoundrel of The Seas
-Ship customization and Brig

So thinking back to Improvements in fixing game play, I give it a poor rating. More major bugs exists and very few have been fixed. The amount of problems in POTCO is still very high by any standard and still so many bugs after so many years...

As far as content goes, Four major things were added. I think it was good but all besides the Customization were short term content as majority of players would lose interest soon after doing it a few times. Content was not great but good in POTCO's standards. However It's still not much content for a year of development. If i was a teacher, i would not give POTCO higher than a D because it didn't really improve much in 12 months and the sad thing is that i don't sense any effort into making it better since history keeps repeating so many times.

I have been playing for 3+ years with the last 2 more active (always unlimited) and have seen changes- some that took good stuff out and some added great stuff. Nevertheless, POTCO never seems to impress me with their productivity and never has been close to a perfect state. I always look at other games and how they do, though i do not play them, they always seem to do at least twice as better. Right now, it's my friends that i have made along the way that keeps me in the game than the game itself.

Ice_Storm 01-01-2012 07:20 PM

What? Only 4 things added?

I've played FREE online games where they had over 20+ different content added to the game in a year.

I've played an ORIGINAL developed game get content 10+ times in a year.

Disney is slacking D:, I miss how their work ethic used to be good back in 08 (from what players have told me)

Eric Sunloather 01-02-2012 01:58 AM

Wait... There was an update?...

This post was longer before I recently changed it for many reasons...
Don't ask me why, but at this point, mainly because of a few things involved with ship customization... I'm going to give the update rating a 6/10...
But who am I... Lol.

Slasher 01-02-2012 02:00 AM

Hmm... Lets see here.... I really don't know how to put this... Wasn't poor, wasn't fair. But the updates and such weren't excellent. But I don't know if it was entirely good. I guess I'll have to settle with fair. This year was pretty good. Seemed that the style was creativity and unqiueness (my kinda style :pirate2:) Ship customization, Queen Anne's Revenge, Infamy, and more that I may have forgotten. But it wasn't much. It was good, but it wasn't much. And still, however, we have these glitches and bugs. I mean, of course we can't fix every single bug out there, but c'mon, lag is still here? As others have put it, it is hard to host something or get a mass amount of pirates without the freeze factor! Pretty sad. And all the other glitches don't make it any better. So, although we did have some marvelous updates, we still need the basics fixed. This really needs to be emphasized as without the basics, you can't get better. If a giant skyscraper didn't have a base, how would it get tall?

Eric Sunloather 01-02-2012 02:38 AM

Yeah... So...

I posted a big response earlier but changed it... I should have just kept it, but it mostly revolved around my dissatisfaction with Ship Customization... And the topic at hand is about ALL the updates of 2011, not just SC, so thats why I deleted it.

I personally think POTCO staff could have stepped up their game a little more, but it is a learning experience...

Perhaps the reason so many FREE games do better than Pirates with content release and upkeep, is because of all the optional payments players make on those games... They make so much extra money, and they can just mess around and release random content updates, perhaps even when they're just bored...

I mean, Pirates Online asks for a monthly fee right? Some games out there... Most games actually, offer big bonuses and crazy customization if you pay extra money for points to spend on premium content... whether it be by cards for these points or by some form of payment online. Imagine how much extra budget for game development Pirates staff would have if they offered premium content along with their basic pay-per-month content...

(Of course that is just me assuming Disney didn't give them a big budget to work with for whatever reasons they may have, and that it isn't just based on bad developers or laziness... I mean, what other reasons could there be?)

So there are several ways for people to be tempted to buy these premium features... While browsing the internet looking through general content for the game or maybe just while walking through the store by the electronic cards section, so it is easy to get somebody interested. Just put stuff in plain sight.

People may not pay monthly for these games, but if you really get a player hooked on added content, they may end up paying a LOT MORE than 10$ a month just to dress their character up differently, or upgrade their powers... So much potential, speaking to the business side of things of course...

Of course... as a player speaking to normal players: Who WANTS Pirates Online to do that? It is hard enough keeping up with higher level players as it is... Why make the competition even more rediculous? Again though... When trying to speak to POTCO Staff... I say you might want to just take a chance... You know people would pay out the broadside to gain the upper hand in PVP and SVS, so just keep releasing optional payments to boost power in those features, create competition, and there you go... A little extra money for whatever you fancy...

Lol just my 2 cents... Probably isn't even worth 2 cents but whatever. Nothing ventured, nothing gained really.

In the end, as much as I love playing Pirates Online, a game is a game... If it hasn't closed down after a while, I'll have already quit the game for potentially many reasons... Nothing lasts forever. Just gotta appreciate what is here while it is here I guess and do what we can to make it better in the time it exists...

Captain Hector 01-02-2012 09:16 PM

Good

I think that it was good. Infamy was a nice update, and i forget if the added the veteran rank this year ( :psmiley27: ). I think the biggest update in this year is the ship stuff. We got Brig, and basic players can have ALL the light class ships :sailr: . We can now have customizable sails and hulls, and upgrades. And I heard if you upgrade a lot you can have a fury once every couple broadsides...? :erti078:
There was also a lot of commotion with the guilds this past year. Emerald Regiment came up, Eternal Warlordz went down, I am sad to say. But that isn't what this thread is about, is it?

static156 01-07-2012 03:00 AM

I think they did a horrible job and thats probally just because i looted thunderspine and when disney was having problems with what ever they had to erase all that weeks progress :( But all the other updates turned out well i guess and i got way better weapons then i did the year before.....

Chalupa 01-08-2012 05:59 PM

I think Disney did between good and fair. Yes they have added Scoundrel of the Seas, Infamy, and Customizable ships, but I would have rather of had them do updates more related towards a new storyline, possibly a new island or two, and new enemies.

Some things I would love to see in 2012:

- New storyline
- New island(s) to explore
- More enemies, especially stronger enemies
- New weapon
- Remodeling of Cuba

Littlebell 01-08-2012 10:32 PM

i've only been playing since the gathering last August, but from what i've seen i'd say they're doing "good". i've seen some disconnect and teleport issues, so i can't really say "excellent with no problems". the new brigs and customization are cool; can't wait to see what else they might come up with. :dancetl6:

leo 01-09-2012 01:20 AM

I am wondering from those who have been here for at least since before 2010. Did you see 2011 as a progressive year from from prior years and how much progress? Or did the game Regress?