Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Rusty Cutlass (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   Interesting Strategy..... (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27378)

Davy Bluekidd 08-04-2011 11:59 PM

Interesting Strategy.....

- Feel free to share your thoughts-

I thought a good idea - I saw a guy doing this- is to run around tormenta with a good gun shooting everything you pass....... interesting I know...

Captain Jorden 08-05-2011 02:36 AM

I was on rumrunner training my staff doing this I had every crab/wasp after me. It was only one word.

EPIC!!!!!!!
I did get 10+ rep for everything so I was getting over 250 rep. Great training though. Lol.

I did die a couple good thing I had a healer.

Captain Sharktooth 08-05-2011 06:56 AM

Yes, I've heard that strategy before. But, Davy, do you mean it's good for looting or leveling?

Davy Bluekidd 08-05-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Sharktooth (Post 341897)
Yes, I've heard that strategy before. But, Davy, do you mean it's good for looting or leveling?

I'd figure both lol. It would also help with ranking enemies

Pirate Guy 08-06-2011 12:10 AM

What I do to rank/loot is go to the Treasure Room, stand on the top right gold stack and use Viper's Den Knives to lure all the enemies over and break the Molusks attunement, if there are any, then I use a broadsword ( Bejeweled for me ) and take the rest down. I managed to 1,544 enemies in around 2-3 hours. ( putting me 13th on the leaderboards :p )
By the way: I was a 43 when I started this and managed to increase a level a day, I am now a 46 :D

Captain Sharktooth 08-07-2011 08:43 AM

I thought of a good strategy too. Instead of throwing away that crude or common item, take it, then trash it. What this does is keeps it out of the items that you would get from loot dropped. If you keep taking/trashing all the loot you get instead of (in theory) recycling it back into the total loot, then this would increase your chances of getting better loot. If you understood that, I encourage you to try that out. :D

Dark_Pixie 08-07-2011 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Sharktooth (Post 342305)
I thought of a good strategy too. Instead of throwing away that crude or common item, take it, then trash it. What this does is keeps it out of the items that you would get from loot dropped. If you keep taking/trashing all the loot you get instead of (in theory) recycling it back into the total loot, then this would increase your chances of getting better loot. If you understood that, I encourage you to try that out. :D

Hmm... that just might work. I'm going to give that a go. I wouldn't usually just do that, but you're the guy who has a million famed items...

Oh, I have another strategy. For maximum rep, use a very weak weapon, rather than using your toughest. It'll get you a lot of rep, because the enemies take longer to kill. Obviously this isn't good for looting, and I bet this has been suggested before, but this was a fitting thread to put it in. :)

Davy_Mcwrecker 08-08-2011 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Sharktooth (Post 342305)

Then how do have two Viper Blades, Barnacle Breakers, and three Deepwaters?
I'm confused.... :bookishfj7:

Captain Sharktooth 08-08-2011 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davy_Mcwrecker (Post 342453)
Then how do have two Viper Blades, Barnacle Breakers, and three Deepwaters?
I'm confused.... :bookishfj7:

Well, you probably got them on different servers, on different days - servers do reset you know.

Davy_Mcwrecker 08-09-2011 11:43 PM

Oh. Now I will test it out with my swords only guy.
EDIT: Just tried it, and got Bejewled Cutlass extremely fast!!!