Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums

Pirates of the Caribbean Online Fansite & Forums (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   POTCO Mini-Games (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Volunteers for Cannon Defense in Order To Get Revenant Ram (https://www.piratesonlineforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27891)

Admiral Johnny Seasteel 08-16-2011 12:52 AM

Volunteers for Cannon Defense in Order To Get Revenant Ram

I've been thinking of doing this for a while now, and I'm glad to say I finally got this far. If anyone is interested in doing CD, kindly post here so that I can get your name for the attempt to get the Revenant Ram (which I need SOOO bad!!!!)

Please post here if you wish to join CD for a very good ram. I will be open for suggestions as to where to meet, which CD area to go to, and what time to hold this. I only need four people to do this with. Also, any ideas for a strategy to use until the waves where you get good loot are highly appreciated. Thank you so much mates. Looking forward to seeing who will be interested in doing this with me..... :D

Cannon Defense Open Slots:

1. Johnny Seasteel

ruisen2000 08-16-2011 02:38 AM

I am getting unlimited next week. I can join in almost anytime during summer break. :)

As far as stratgy goes, watch out for wave : 8, 13, 14-15.
Wave 8 is when the first massive fleet hits. There'll be tons of war sloops, war gals and war frigates.
Wave 13 is the same, but they have even more HP. While many disagree about using mines here, I think you really do need them. When fired into a straight line in front of a warship, it can pretty much sink them instantly.
War sloops and gals : 4-5
War frigate : all 6 mines.

Wave 14 is just a complete pain. Tons of light sloops with rediculous HP and speed. I usually start with a vertical line of mines, then make a second line after the first fleet passes (they will actually dodge the mines if there are gaps in between!). Usually lines of mines at the very right where the ships spawn and keg in the middle work well. Then just rotate between Scattershot and round, or cold shot if anyone gets any.
In later waves, there are also fleets that shoot like 500 fire barrels at you a second, which almost perma-knocks you down. Target shot is actually very effective during these situations. I'd suggest having someones in the group having some during later waves.

If you can get past these waves, the rest are just a repeat of these types but with more HP.

Tom Sharkwash 08-16-2011 02:40 AM

I don't think I'll be able to join, but I have some tips to get to VERY high levels. In the first few waves try to save up as much as possible and mostly use round shot, I would not suggest using only the type that auto aims to the ships because it doesn't deal that much damage and only goes for the first ship. When you get to the high enough level where you get cold shot always try and get the middle of the sea frozen so no ships can get through to the beaches. You should start to get some weak famed rams around wave 20 or so. When you get to level 20 cannon you can get the best type called firestorm which sets many ships around them on fire. The rounds I usually kept in my inventory were: round shot, cold shot, powder keg, and firestorm. I used this tragedy and got to level 60 and got the revenant ram :) We had some great gunners with a lot of experience.
Also when one ship has the last bit of gold only shoot at it because the other ships don't matter. Hoped this helped and good luck mate :)

The Stealthy Pirate 08-16-2011 05:12 PM

I might be able to come, if it isnt to late for me...

combatlizzy 08-16-2011 05:29 PM

Being MIA atm, I doubt if I will join. Good Luck, Johnny!!

Slasher 08-16-2011 06:17 PM

I dunno. I think I could make it. My school is starting back up next week, and I gotta go get ready Friday, so sometime this week would be nice. I'm in the mood to play Cannon Defense, although I'm not the greatest. So sign me in. Las note: I'm pacific time so I'll try to make it an easy compromise.

Red Beard 08-16-2011 08:45 PM

I will try my hardest to make it. With a little advanced warning I should be able to. Sign me up, and the best stategy I have is as soon as you can use ice, use it and never stop using it. RED

Admiral Johnny Seasteel 08-16-2011 09:02 PM

Very good, mates. The more strategy we come up with, the better chance we have at succeeding. Next thing is.... those interested, please post here by saying (Aye) with explaination on what you do to win, and then we can focus on where to meet and when.

Captain Gas 08-16-2011 10:07 PM

Aye, I'd like to help. Some of my tips is don't buy ANY ammo until Level 10 Navy Cannon, which is when you unlocked Powder Keg ammo. Powder Keg is basically mines, except much more powerful. Another tip is to get the ships that already have treasure in their cargo, that way you can't lose easily. I'm not the BEST gunner, but I am skilled nonetheless. Count me in!

Slasher 08-16-2011 10:37 PM

As I said I will help. So aye, I'll help. I really haven't gotten far because I just can't make it. But, when with a fine group of cannoneers, I think I'll do ok. So expect me to be there.

Red Beard 08-17-2011 04:08 AM

AYE!!!! My strategy is not buy anything until you reach lvl 10, purchase Keg Ammo and use only when necessary before wave 20. Purchase Ice ammo when you open it and use it right away in a line close to where the ships spawn to keep them grouped up. Doing this allows for maximum damage on the most ships possible. The last piece of ammo you need is Firestorm. Anybody that has used this ammo understands its importance and the devestation that it causes. Of all of these ammos, Ice is the most important!! You must constantly lay out ice and by all four cannoneers. I have made it to wave 125 once with a great group of pirates and ice was the key in getting to those higher waves. I look forward to getting together with another fine bunch of pirates and hopefully a revenant ram lays in wait for all those involved. RED

ruisen2000 08-17-2011 07:11 AM

Aye, I would also suggest having a sniper skilled with bullet to shoot down those escaping ships. After wave 65, start using bait shot. At that point, you'd have around 10k bank notes, which is way more then enough. A single bait shot would take out a massive war ship that would have taken several minutes to sink, saving some valueable treasure.

I remember using bomb as round shot instead. i can't remember if it had a cooldown, but i think i switched between bomb, then sell, get round, and keep shooting. bomb hits all ships that are very close to the ship that got hit, and at later levels, ships are often clostered together, making it an ideal choice.

Admiral Johnny Seasteel 08-17-2011 03:18 PM

Excellent. For those that volunteered, ty, and for those still wishing to, better luck next time. xD Now.... the next key question is...... which CD area do we go to and when? (Those that ended up volunteering need to help me out here, with a decent time and place to meet... try to talk it amongst yerselves before u tell me. xD everything fair and square.) Looking forward to doing it with ye mates. Cheerio!!!!

Oh yes, those that volunteered before I forget....

1. Johnny Seasteel

2. Jack Seaeagle

3. Slasher

4. Redbeard

Optional Mate: Ruisen2000

Any other volunteers for this activity please send me a PM or post on here and I shall see what I can do to work you in the next time around.

The Stealthy Pirate 08-17-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Stealthy Pirate (Post 344104)
I might be able to come, if it isnt to late for me...

Johnny... um... yeah.

Captain Gas 08-17-2011 04:56 PM

Oh, Johnny, before I forget to tell ye, me pirate name is Gastro. Don't ask. Now, anyway, I would suggest a server like Bequermo for this. Probably the 18th at 2:30 Eastern?